Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Think it's time that Fanatec came forward and updated their customers on this situation, it's pretty poor form in my book.

I'm sure they're working on a solution but the PS4 is half way through its lifecycle and we're still unclear on when these licensing issues will be resolved.

Just to wrap the discussion up: AC has gone the same way as F1 2016 on PS4:
http://console.assettocorsa.net/supported-wheels.php

No Fanatec support on PS4 at release.

Kind of off topic...

Why are the different variations of the CSW with the Xbox U-Hub listed like that? That is a bit confusing.

Then again, why are they listing all of the wheel rim variations for the TX as well?

As for Fanatec, where is the info on the CSL wheelbase, where they asked for all of those slogans for the box? I understand not releasing information to prematurely, but Fanatec tends to hide until there are products to sell.

Last edited:
Kind of off topic...

Why are the different variations of the CSW with the Xbox U-Hub listed like that? That is a bit confusing.

Then again, why are they listing all of the wheel rim variations for the TX as well?

As for Fanatec, where is the info on the CSL wheelbase, where they asked for all of those slogans for the box? I understand not releasing information to prematurely, but Fanatec tends to hide until there are products to sell.

CSL Elite will go online this Friday
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categ...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

I saw this today. Good news as I had hoped to race online with my nephew who only has PS4. Although I'll miss the 21:9 with head tracking I enjoy on PC.

[

So...not to sound like Captain Obvious...but does that mean it will work?? They don't have the CSW VII as compatible on their website, which of course is a shame as that is all I own for my PS3/4.

FMW
So...not to sound like Captain Obvious...but does that mean it will work?? They don't have the CSW VII as compatible on their website, which of course is a shame as that is all I own for my PS3/4.
Apparently the day 1 patch stopped Fanatec kit from working (saw on AC threads, no video evidence yet)

@gt_fan

Thanks for that. I can't wait for more details and pricing. Recently my employment situation improved. I'll be looking to replace my lowly CSR wheel base. Depending on a few factors, ill be looking at the CSL or perhaps the CSW... We'll see.

CSL-E-WB-G02-1000x666.jpg

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Last edited:
This part may rub many here the wrong way...

• PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.

Sigh. And with 1080º of rotation, I thought this wheel base would have some compatibilty. :(

This part may rub many here the wrong way...

Sigh. And with 1080º of rotation, I thought this wheel base would have some compatibilty. :(

As others have said- Its probably all still up in the air which explains the silence on the CSWv2. But the language seems pretty definitive for this base.

I'd really like to play GT Sport (cheapest entry to VR) but I won't be buying any more hardware to do it, unless it builds on to my CSW. It would be a shame to learn that the cost of licensing is what is preventing Fanatec from issuing this hardware. It is slightly interesting that the CSWv2 Base doesn't have the same language. I guess we'll see.

Rather worryingly the blog entry suggests that Playstation compatibility will come with another wheel base.

I am confident that we can announce a PS4 Version of this Wheel base soon.

Which means existing CSWV2 owners, like myself, will be stuffed. Screw SONY.

The full quote off the official forum, not too much love in the comments.

"And finally a word to the PlayStation situation. We know that a lot of people want to know what the status is but we cannot announce anything before the contract is signed. We have a good relationship with Sony but we need to follow the rules and although there are absolutely no points of disagreement, sometimes things takes a while because of procedures and work flows. I am confident that we can announce a PS4 Version of this Wheel base soon."

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Last edited:
It would be a shame to learn that the cost of licensing is what is preventing Fanatec from issuing this hardware.

Rest assured that it is not the cost of licensing. Sony is charging not more than any of our other licensors. If you want to know why we dont have a license yet or if you want to change that, I suggest to directly talk or to Sony as it is 100% in their hands.
We did eveything we can and this was much more than any other Company did or can you see any other old gen wheels compatible to PS4?

There will be a solution soon and it will be better than any other alternative.

From the information released so far, it certainly appears that Fanatec will end up with exactly the same situation as Thrustmaster:

- One wheelbase per console platform
- but you can use your pedals, rims and shifters across any wheelbase

If not, then presumably we're talking some kind of adapter?

A PS4 wheel rim would be ideal. But if a PS4 base works with existing wheel rims, pedals and shifters, that would be amicable.

How bad does the situation have to be for Sony to make developers remove Fanatec compatibility? That's what they made AC do. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

Last edited:
PS4 rim is a must.
I bought my csw2 as ps4 compatible (sure it was stated as per game bases) but I sort of feel lied too.

How does Thrustmaster get a pass for t500?

Even forgetting the money part It is nonsense to have multiple bases. They take up space and switching them is inconvenient.

At least Gimx works

Last edited:

How does Thrustmaster get a pass for t500?
The only things I can think of are:
1. T500 is the official Gran Turismo licensed wheel (GT5 and 6)
2. T300 is fully licensed, and T500 uses identical drivers to T300 on the PC, so developers didn't even have to embed drivers or anything, it just works due to T300 support

But who knows... Maybe Thrustmaster get an exception because they signed a contract with Sony to build the T500 as the Gran Turismo wheel, which included a next gen console clause (since it was released late in the console lifecycle).

Remember that Fanatec has never had an officially licensed PlayStation wheel: PS3 support came only with Logitech emulation.

Fact is that the deal can be done (but someone in suborn or greedy )
Fact is me using the custom adapter Fanatec loses money they would be getting from extra rim sold and Sony loses money they would get from the license the rim has (I would guess they get percentage or something, just like with mobile phones)
Fact is there are no technical limitations or security chips

Lies Lies Lies

Rest assured that it is not the cost of licensing. Sony is charging not more than any of our other licensors. If you want to know why we dont have a license yet or if you want to change that, I suggest to directly talk or to Sony as it is 100% in their hands.
We did eveything we can and this was much more than any other Company did or can you see any other old gen wheels compatible to PS4?

There will be a solution soon and it will be better than any other alternative.

Thanks for your response. I wasn't trying to bait it out. I'm just trying to figure it out.

Here is hoping for a PS4 universal hub. I've held off on the X1 hub so far!

Fact is that the deal can be done (but someone in suborn or greedy )
Fact is me using the custom adapter Fanatec loses money they would be getting from extra rim sold and Sony loses money they would get from the license the rim has (I would guess they get percentage or something, just like with mobile phones)
Fact is there are no technical limitations or security chips

Lies Lies Lies

You know what? I will take you with me to the next Sony Meeting we have. Then you can ask a view questions and make a fact check. ;-)

I am not asking that all of you understand complicated and sometimes irritating or strange company policies but there is no reason for us to lie. Our wheels have better compatibility than any other wheels on the market. We have proven that we do absolutely everything to get Maximum compatibility. But at the end we are not the platform owner and can only follow the rules or have no compatibility at all.
Oh and of Course we could do something illegal and go to jail for you. We hope you understand that this is not an option for us.

The only things I can think of are:
1. T500 is the official Gran Turismo licensed wheel (GT5 and 6)
2. T300 is fully licensed, and T500 uses identical drivers to T300 on the PC, so developers didn't even have to embed drivers or anything, it just works due to T300 support

But who knows... Maybe Thrustmaster get an exception because they signed a contract with Sony to build the T500 as the Gran Turismo wheel, which included a next gen console clause (since it was released late in the console lifecycle).

Remember that Fanatec has never had an officially licensed PlayStation wheel: PS3 support came only with Logitech emulation.

Thrustmaster's apparent schmoozing aside; Sony's 180º on developers being able to offer support to whatever wheel they wanted, to now the wheel needing to be licensed is the bigger issue. Why renege on what was a gamer friendly policy?

You know what? I will take you with me to the next Sony Meeting we have. Then you can ask a view questions and make a fact check. ;-)

I am not asking that all of you understand complicated and sometimes irritating or strange company policies but there is no reason for us to lie. Our wheels have better compatibility than any other wheels on the market. We have proven that we do absolutely everything to get Maximum compatibility. But at the end we are not the platform owner and can only follow the rules or have no compatibility at all.
Oh and of Course we could do something illegal and go to jail for you. We hope you understand that this is not an option for us.

No need for doing anything Illegal and risking incarceration. I'll just change what platform I play on. I'm tired of being burned, in the console gaming's walled garden. ;)

Last edited:
Back