Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
I have Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car Extreme, iRacing and Dirt Rally, because they all do things differently and have different content that I like. iRacing has an excellent tracks, probably the best in the business, followed closely by Assetto Corsa. The physics in both I really enjoy too. iRacing is expensive, Assetto Corsa is not. Project Cars is pretty, has a great UK track selection, plenty of cars, but they don't feel as good. Assetto Corsa and Game Stock Car Extreme have plenty of mods, including tracks I like that aren't popular enough to make it in as fully licensed tracks. Dirt Rally has awesome cracks and burbles when changing gear and it makes you feel like a rally driver.

In short, just enjoy all of them!

SONY and something had?

Attachments

• 1jpg.jpg
    1jpg.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 100
SONY and something had?

Looks like they have dropped all mention of Sony. PS3 compatibility is no longer listed anywhere either. This doesn't look good at all, I was hoping for full PS4 support. :(

I guess it's a good thing I'm still holding off purchasing PS4.

So it will probably come down to paying a lot of extra cash to get the CSWv2 working in the next GT sport on the PS4

After spending already 350 bucks on a XB1 hub, i think i will pass this time.

I am afraid of both GT sport delay and the announcement of an official PlayStation wheel for the CW2. I really expect to drive using my Porsche Wheel

Did anyone take a screenshot before the edit?*
I'm going to lodge a complaint with the Australian Fair Trade Ombudsman... I explicitly decided to get this 2/2/16 based on the stated compatibility with ps3/4 (&pc).
I'm aiming for a full refund without having to hire legal help (& get a DD osw + T150)

edit:
this was my argument to Fanatec Oz
The reason for your retraction of the aforementioned 'claims' are between yourselves and Sony.

When I made my purchase your organization gave the impression (advertising at the time on your website) that the consumer need have no doubt regarding the confluence of the said product and Sony (....with the use of the PS3/4 logos ).

If, when I was considering to purchase there was no mention of Sony; the ps3 or ps4 logo, then I definitely would NOT have bought this product.

By your removal of that reassurance you have gone back on your claims and therefore given false information to anyone who purchased during the period when that (mis)information was advertised. In hindsight I'm sure you would have the current info displayed from the start.

But that's not what happened; and there would have been (I imagine) been a number of customers who feel tricked and sold to on the grounds of a if not a lie; then an omission of the truth. I am a long way away from feeling confident this wheel will work with ALL future PS4 driving games.

I paid A lot of money to buy a wheel that I felt confident would work across platforms.

No one reading the current online page can feel that now..... your current 'reassurance' is non binding and allows you impunity from your customers claims of dissatisfaction in the event that you and Sony couldn't sustain/agree on confluence ie "DriveClub'. So the future for CSW B V2 and PS4 is less clear; it is this change in clarity which I find untenable and not given accurate information (as confirmed by Sony's request for you to omit them from the product information) and as explained why I wish as is my right, to be issued a full refund. The unit is in pristine condition (the clear plastic protection film is still on the base window) and so is the packaging.
*NM
Screenshot (3).png

Last edited:
I guess this means I'll hold off on buying an XB1 Hub Wheel. This, weirdly, makes me feel better about my decision to get the affordable CSL wheel.

Could this mean no formula rims on Forza 6 or GT7/GT:Sport?

As I see it. It's good and bad at the same time.
Good that we might get officially supported rim that works on all games.
Bad that older rims will not work + having to buy a new one.

But knowing extensive PD wheel support, maybe Sony supporting Fanatec, It's drivers will include PC mode (in-game only).

To my understanding Sony only uses validation for OS control (that's why in-game it's possible to use pc mode while XBOX does not have that possibility)

In fairness, Thomas did say that game devs have the OPTION to support Fanatec wheels in their (PS4) games. Given that this statement would not be worth stating in a retroactive context (as that would be assumed), I feel it is safe to assume that this situation does not completely rule out unofficial support for future titles.

If you already purchased a Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change for you. The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not.

The bad though, is that more likely than not Sony will be imposing a licensing fee and this cost will naturally be passed on to us. We also don't know if Sony see's the wheel rim as a unit under license or the rim and base... the latter being the worst case scenario.

I know this is all about "controlling the user experience" and "$", but boy do I miss the G25 era. So simple it was.

Controlling user experience in order to avoid using different wheel rims on the fly ;)

Hopefully after 14 years working in the game industry I will soon get a powerful PC enough to run sims with ANY wheel!

The Q6600 2.4ghz my father gave to me is actually weaker than my ps4.

A ray of hope! Someone from the GT Sport discussion messaged PD on their Facebook page and got this reply.

Asked over Facebook about car count (20, 50 or over hundred) and support of old logitech wheels:

PDIs answer:

Hi Ronald, thanks for your kind words and understanding. While I can't go into details (as we don't really know yet... lots is happening right now!) I can tell you that GT Sport will have more than 100 cars. The wheels are a more complicated matter as it's not entirely up to our decision, so sometimes we have to compromise (PS4 can accept old peripherals only if the original manufacturer develop new drivers).

Finger crossed we'll have many good news to share soon.

We already know that Fanatec have working PS4 drivers so fingers crossed they can be implemented into GT Sport.

I decided to keep my v2; figured I was over-reacting if I rage-quit and consequently denied myself a good wheel just because someone in advertising had been found out putting on a bit too much spin. (sorry if I put a jinx on this thread.... been very quiet here lately ?!)

I am scheduled to receive my CSW V2, universal hub and Forza Motorsport rim later this week. I personally like have a wheel with official licensing, that was a big factor in favor of me buying the Fanatec set up. I also am glad to hear that Fanatec is working on what will obviously be a PS4 rim. That will be a Day 1 purchase for me. For now, I can live without official PS4 compatibility, so long as we have it by 2020, when we can expect PD to finally release GT Sport.

My GT3RS V2 has been having problems the last month and finally crapped out on me last night.

I've had it overa year and am not sure about the warranty.

The problem was that it would occasionally go into Shifter Calibration mode while I'm driving. My friends believed it to be crossed wires.

But now, the wheel doesn't function properly. While I was driving, it started calibrating (as when it's initially powered on) and something inside mist have snapped or gone out of place because now it's wobbly and clanks really loudly.

Does Fanatec offer any support for this type of defect?

Not at all. :-)

Instead of hyping and talking we just concentrate to get our development of the new products done.

Trial run production of the CSL Base will start in July and if everything goes smoothly we can start talking. ;-)
Thanks for replying, Thomas.
It's been a long time since we've heard much from you, even on your blog site.

Back