Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
This evening i put my CSWv2 in the "G27 mode" and had a blast playing Forza Apex on the PC. Eventhough the FFB is not comparible with the AF, it felt pretty good for an arcade game. Much much better than the demo on the Xbox.

The FFB was more than good enough for me to have confidence that Forza Horizon 3 will work fine with the Fanatec wheel either in its native or in the G27 mode on the pc. Still it's a 99 euro gamble

Then i remembered: this is the kind of game why i kept my CSWv2 and i made a quickrelease for my pedals.

So the ultimate edion is pre-ordered and downloading right now. It unlocks in a little over 3 hours:D

This evening i put my CSWv2 in the "G27 mode" and had a blast playing Forza Apex on the PC. Eventhough the FFB is not comparible with the AF, it felt pretty good for an arcade game. Much much better than the demo on the Xbox.

The FFB was more than good enough for me to have confidence that Forza Horizon 3 will work fine with the Fanatec wheel either in its native or in the G27 mode on the pc. Still it's a 99 euro gamble

Then i remembered: this is the kind of game why i kept my CSWv2 and i made a quickrelease for my pedals.

So the ultimate edion is pre-ordered and downloading right now. It unlocks in a little over 3 hours:D

I await your impressions! I find it kind of strange T10 requires the XB1 hub for the CSW... when G27 mode works and every CSW owner knows this. I hope to God the PC wheel market doesn't eventually face the same licensing minefield found on consoles.

I await your impressions! I find it kind of strange T10 requires the XB1 hub for the CSW... when G27 mode works and every CSW owner knows this. I hope to God the PC wheel market doesn't eventually face the same licensing minefield found on consoles.

The wheel support on the PC is TERRIBLE. With the CSWv2 and XB1 hub i get NO FFB AT ALL. The wheel is completely dead.

If i put the CSWv2 in G27 mode, i do get rumble but no real FFB depending on what the car is doing. No weight tranfer, no feel of grip. You can only enable the spring and that's about it.

So after downloading 45GB for the PC version, the XB1 is now downloading another 45GB to see if the XB1 version is any better, but i'm not being very hopefull.

So for now :

If you want to play FH3 and want to buy a wheel: don't buy a fanatec wheel
If you to play with your fanatec wheel: don't buy forza horizon 3

The wheel support on the PC is TERRIBLE. With the CSWv2 and XB1 hub i get NO FFB AT ALL. The wheel is completely dead.

If i put the CSWv2 in G27 mode, i do get rumble but no real FFB depending on what the car is doing. No weight tranfer, no feel of grip. You can only enable the spring and that's about it.

So after downloading 45GB for the PC version, the XB1 is now downloading another 45GB to see if the XB1 version is any better, but i'm not being very hopefull.

So for now :

Have you tested Forza 6 Apex with these same two approaches? Curious as to whether that's identical for you or different experience.

Have you tested Forza 6 Apex with these same two approaches? Curious as to whether that's identical for you or different experience.

Forza Apex feels better in the G27 mode, but has no feedback at all in the cswv2 mode

So for now :

Did you put it in XB1 mode?

So for now :

Fully agree with this. Mine feels pretty bad in both Apex and Horizon.

Moving into load cell territory for the first time, just bought the clubsport pedals v3. Much of you guys own these here? Already had a tip that i should watch out with the heads of the bolts stripping apparently, when i would start to screw them too forcefully :D

Can't wait to try them out. Should be a major upgrade from my standard CSR stampers.

So for now :

Pretty scathing. This is only for Microsoft's Forza Horizon 3, right? How is the wheel outside of Microsoft's games?

I believe I found the reason both of the Fanatec wheels aren't working properly. Turn 10/ Playground didn't extend support to Fanatec wheels yet. Remember Forza Apex's wheel support announcement? They had a list (a real small list) of wheels that are working with the game...

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6a_wheel_support

· Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

· Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

· Logitech G29 Racing Wheel

· Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel

· Thrustmaster T300RS

· Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel

· Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster T150

· Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

After that list they had this to say about Fanatec wheels...
Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex. In addition, H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future.

Now, this was for Forza Apex, I am imagining that it's not far of a stretch that FH3 is lumped into this dismally small wheel support list. Turn 10 tends to roll like that at times. Once Fantec is added to this list, it will probably be fixed for FM3 as well.

Also, if anyone has a wheel outside the scope of this list, and it works, please share what it is. I believe Turn 10 needs a fire lit under their keisters on this problem.

Moving into load cell territory for the first time, just bought the clubsport pedals v3. Much of you guys own these here? Already had a tip that i should watch out with the heads of the bolts stripping apparently, when i would start to screw them too forcefully :D

Can't wait to try them out. Should be a major upgrade from my standard CSR stampers.
If you don't currently wear shoes on your feet I would get something for the foot you break with. Biggest difference I noticed going from CSP v1 to v3 was the amount of force needed to operate the brake pedal. This also means it's essential that the pedals are very firmly secured to your rig. Enjoy!

I believe I found the reason both of the Fanatec wheels aren't working properly. Turn 10/ Playground didn't extend support to Fanatec wheels yet. Remember Forza Apex's wheel support announcement? They had a list (a real small list) of wheels that are working with the game....

I really don't care what the reason is. If i pay a 100 bucks for a game to have early access, i should be able to expect that my wheel (which is on the supported wheellist) works as it should.

Also no word from Fanatec.... on this issue is not good

If you don't currently wear shoes on your feet I would get something for the foot you break with. Biggest difference I noticed going from CSP v1 to v3 was the amount of force needed to operate the brake pedal. This also means it's essential that the pedals are very firmly secured to your rig. Enjoy!
Thanks for the tip, i've been racing barefooted this whole summer :D

I really don't care what the reason is. If i pay a 100 bucks for a game to have early access, i should be able to expect that my wheel (which is on the supported wheellist) works as it should.

Also no word from Fanatec.... on this issue is not good
For me the 24th is "late september"

I absolutely agree with you on both points. I feel that Turn 10/Playground should have at least prioritized the CSW+U-Hub combination, and then dealt with the discontinued Fanatec wheel bases. At least get what was out on the market up and running... And yes, that update should have happened by now.

I hope it's resolved by the end of this weekend.

I absolutely agree with you on both points. I feel that Turn 10/Playground should have at least prioritized the CSW+U-Hub combination, and then dealt with the discontinued Fanatec wheel bases. At least get what was out on the market up and running... And yes, that update should have happened by now.

I hope it's resolved by the end of this weekend.

Given all the other issues the game has... "cloudy with a chance of maybe".

News flash

Too bad that Thomas isn't the guy to tell us this, but since the early release of the game last week the CSWv2 with XB1 hub already works, with force feedback.

All you need to do is: Put the wheel in the XBOX ONE mode

The wheel is not recognised by windows 10, but works fine in FH3. Good FFB in off-road situations, but no road feel at all on asfalt tracks.

Now it makes sense why they were talking about a windows 10 update for supporting the XB1 hub.
Logical step is that de XB1 hub will get native windows 10 support.

Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex.

just a special driver embeded deep in the win10 architecture to allow its use within UWP titles...
probably an XID-specific capability (i.e. Xbox devices). Windows uses HID to control peripherals, and that's where the normal drivers are.

Thanks for the tip, i've been racing barefooted this whole summer :D
Well seems I can keep using my special no footwear style. In the profiler, when you leave auto calibration on you can boost the signal of the brakes (there's a little slider next to it). You were right that these pedals need more force, but at least I can race without shoes that way. Let's see for endurance races though :dopey:

Back