Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,340 comments
I'm more curious as to what a dedicated DD wheel means for GT7. GTS has been known for its simplistic FFB and road surface simulation, which makes a DD wheel overkill IMO. I wonder if GT7's physics will be overhauled to the point where it makes sense to have a DD wheel.

Got a mail from Fanatec with a heads up for this steering wheel and it’s probably the one I’ll be getting. Not preordering though. Will wait till both the game and the wheel come out as well as reviews.

What is transducer-effect exactly?

Btw i also have T-GT
It's a low frequency rumble effect that's kinda like a Buttkicker. It simulates engine vibrations, road surface and shifts through vibrations when the T-GT is hard-mounted to a proper rig where the seat frame is attached to the rest of the rig. It's not bad, and gives a little bit of extra immersion. It only works with GT Sport (and presumably GT7), and that's what the GT-Other switch on the left side of the base is for. If you switch it to "Other", the wheel is recognised as a T300 without the transducer effect.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone can confirm or deny the following, but it's what I've heard; It's not Polyphony Digital that mandates the bundle package, but rather Sony, who don't want to have the possibility of bad PR for punters who buy (what they think is a complete package) only a wheel and no pedals. I have no idea if this has any truth to it, but it sounds plausible to me. I know, it's a question of understanding and knowledge of the products, but as we all know, not everyone is as well versed in what we know can be a very confusing part of sim racing (i.e. some wheel bases and/or wheels not working on a specific console etc).

Still leaves the reasons unknown for possibly not being able to buy (as far as we know) the wheel base and/or wheel separately. Although I'm sure there is a good financial reason for PD licensing the GT brand and maintaining some measure of control over which products carry the brand.

Personally, ideally, I'd have the separated wheel base and wheel available only directly through Fanatec or select resellers. If you want to nip into an electronics store, grab something off the shelf, pay for it and go home – that's where the bundles should be.

Again, I feel that a simple disclaimer that "This product does NOT include x, y or z" should suffice on basically any online page selling stuff, but we all know some people simply does not read...

(edit: spelling)

Last edited:
So.. its the same tiny 11" rim from t-gt again. I surely hope this base makes other rims also playstation compatible. If not one is stuck with that small rim with up to 900€ gear.

Btw. I have had T-GT steering wheel for few years - would be great, if only it had few inches bigger rim.

I think it will be the actual price, but I will preorder it tomorrow. My old Logitech G29 is broken, but still works, I just wait for something like this.

The rim is nasty imho and I have no interest in having that on my rig at all. If the standalone is delayed or buying separately turns out too expensive then I guess I might have to just take the hit and end up with a rim I'll never use - which I could sell anyway I suppose.

I'm more curious as to what a dedicated DD wheel means for GT7. GTS has been known for its simplistic FFB and road surface simulation, which makes a DD wheel overkill IMO. I wonder if GT7's physics will be overhauled to the point where it makes sense to have a DD wheel.
Given that the game is also PS4 compatible I doubt there is much CPU headroom available for the GT engine to manage any more complex physics.

Will this work for PC sim racing and be recognized by games as a CSL product or whatever they need to do to ensure compability?
yes its compatible with pc (and will be also with xbox if you change rim for xbox compatible like for example mclaren gt3 rim)

Last edited:
Hero-GT-Fanatec-scaled.jpg

When you buy a Fanatec wheel you know that is the best product for racing games. This is the first DD wheel for PS made by Fanatec, the price is high but I am sure is right for the level of wheel. I hope in March 2022 will be easier to find PS5 console, so I will buy all together, console, GT7 and DD fanatec.

It's not even a good value, it's a wheelbase is good but you do not even get the boost kit and the pedals don't even have the load cell pedal you get the two basic potentiometer pedals.

So in reality you have to shell out another $150 for the boost kit and another and $120 for the load cell pedal, so now you're up to an additional $270 to make your $700 wheelbase kit worth what it should be worth from the start.

It's not even a good value, it's a wheelbase is good but you do not even get the boost kit and the pedals don't even have the load cell pedal you get the two basic potentiometer pedals.

So in reality you have to shell out another $150 for the boost kit and another and $120 for the load cell pedal, so now you're up to an additional $270 to make your $700 wheelbase kit worth what it should be worth from the start.
still cheapest dd option, earlier there was only podium racing wheel f1 for 1700 euro without pedals

Get a butt-kicker or similar, that way you do get it with every title, and through more than just your wheel.
Is it actually decent when you can only use audio ad an input for the buttkicker? By decent I mean at last in TGT's level.

I don't understand, where's my clutch pedal? My gearbox! I don't even see wimpy paddles

Any whistles nor bells to this junk?

I'm torn on this. If I could buy just the wheel, I'd do it. 699 is too high to just eat the cost of the pedals when I have a better pedal set already. I should just get the podium..

I'm torn on this. If I could buy just the wheel, I'd do it. 699 is too high to just eat the cost of the pedals when I have a better pedal set already. I should just get the podium..
But even on the Podium for the Playstation you are still forced to buy the "bundle" which includes a high dollar wheel you may not want and cannot buy just the compatible Podium Wheelbase.
This is one of the main reasons I have decided to not buy a new PS5 is Sony not giving its consumers choices on the USB peripherals that prefer or want to use.

if you have better pedals you can wait for separate wheel base sell, as fanatec want to give this option but wait for sony approval

snc
if you have better pedals you can wait for separate wheel base sell, as fanatec want to give this option but wait for sony approval
So far Sony in the Past has never given Fanatec the ability or permission to sell either the CSL Elite or Podium Playstation compatible wheelbase separate so what makes you think it is going to be any different with this wheelbase any time soon?

Last edited:
Is it actually decent when you can only use audio ad an input for the buttkicker? By decent I mean at last in TGT's level.
It is, but it's also not your only option. If you have a laptop or PC you can also use something like Simhub to get telemetry-driven data out of console titles as well.

I use Simhub with my PC based tactile rig and switch over to audio for console (for titles that don't support it via Simhub), but even with audio you are getting a lot more range of tactile feedback than you get from the TG-T with GTS and the added advantage of it supporting all titles.

Having tried GTS with a TG-T a few times it's nice to have the tactile side, but it doesn't offer much that you can't get from audio alone (and a long way from full PC tactile - but that's no surprise) and misses out on a lot of the more immersive thumps you get from a standalone tactile rig running either audio or telemetry.

So far Sony in the Past has never given Fanatec the ability or permission to sell either the CSL Elite or Podium Playstation compatible wheelbase separate so what makes you think it is going to be any different with this wheelbase any time soon?
fanatec is rather optimisitc as they answer on official twitter

Last edited:
Back