Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,340 comments
So far Sony in the Past has never given Fanatec the ability or permission to sell either the CSL Elite or Podium Playstation compatible wheelbase separate so what makes you think it is going to be any different with this wheelbase any time soon?
I bought the PS compatible CSL Elite+ along with a WRC rim, CS V3 pedals and CS H-shifter back in April, so that's certainly not the case. It is true though that the PS compatible DD Podium Wheel can only be bought with the F1 rim.

If the PS compatible CSL DD base is sold separately, I will consider the upgrade. Otherwise, no dice, unless I can use that GT rim on the CSL Elite+ base, then I could consider selling it with the DD Pro's rim and pedals.

I bought the PS compatible CSL Elite+ along with a WRC rim, CS V3 pedals and CS H-shifter back in April, so that's certainly not the case. It is true though that the PS compatible DD Podium Wheel can only be bought with the F1 rim.

If the PS compatible CSL DD base is sold separately, I will consider the upgrade. Otherwise, no dice, unless I can use that GT rim on the CSL Elite+ base, then I could consider selling it with the DD Pro's rim and pedals.
Question is how long before the CSL Elite+ became no more and obsolete was this WB offered separately?

Granted I have never seen it before but what is the possibility that Fanatec got a special waiver from Sony to blow out remaining actual stock that was going obsolete?
In past History Sony has always had their WB compatible models sold with a matching Playstation themed wheel.

Maybe they will lighten up a bit, still seems they should do like the competition and just chip the wheel and not the wheelbase. Be much more consumer friendly if a person wanted to move to Sony from another platform.

So.. its the same tiny 11" rim from t-gt again. I surely hope this base makes other rims also playstation compatible. If not one is stuck with that small rim with up to 900€ gear.

Btw. I have had T-GT steering wheel for few years - would be great, if only it had few inches bigger rim.
I feel like I’m on an island when I raise the question of why the “industry” (sim manufacturers) push the tiny diameter wheels.
As primarily a street car driver, Gran Turing style seating and wheel are my preference. I use Fanatec podium wheel base with podium hub and aftermarket 35 cm, 14 inch diameter wheel. When I want to drive a vintage car, the 38cm, 15 inch comes out. Even with the newer 8 Nm torque, there’s plenty of power for these wheels!

He didn't even try GT Sport... Are there any reviewers trying GT Sport? I'm about to pre-order tomorrow but would love to see a review first, comparing it to some other current wheels. I'm asking since I'm assuming GT7 will feel the same or at least similar to GT Sport. And if it gets delayed, I'll be paying GT Sport with this.

Last edited:
It is, but it's also not your only option. If you have a laptop or PC you can also use something like Simhub to get telemetry-driven data out of console titles as well.

I use Simhub with my PC based tactile rig and switch over to audio for console (for titles that don't support it via Simhub), but even with audio you are getting a lot more range of tactile feedback than you get from the TG-T with GTS and the added advantage of it supporting all titles.

Having tried GTS with a TG-T a few times it's nice to have the tactile side, but it doesn't offer much that you can't get from audio alone (and a long way from full PC tactile - but that's no surprise) and misses out on a lot of the more immersive thumps you get from a standalone tactile rig running either audio or telemetry.
That's great to know! You just made up my mind :lol:

Now I can'twait to have this wheel+a buttkicker.

Question is how long before the CSL Elite+ became no more and obsolete was this WB offered separately?

Granted I have never seen it before but what is the possibility that Fanatec got a special waiver from Sony to blow out remaining actual stock that was going obsolete?
A fair question. I'm not even sure when the PS compatible CSL Elite was actually released as a bundle, never mind the base on its own. Personally I find this whole platform compatibility "magic security chip" whatever faff to be quite tiresome.

My memory conveniently faded on this...well, that is a scary thought. And although the 'coming soon' sounds good for the standalone base on their website, it is also very non-committal.

I'm thinking my best option might be to get the cheapest thing there and just sell the rim and pedals (prob at bit of a loss). Need to experience GT7 and my PC is a p.o.s, so need something PS-available.

The drivehub CSL DD route with PS5 has issues as I understand it?

The rim still looks tacky and full of plastic like the T-GT. I hope Fanatec build quality is better because my T-GT analog sticks started drifting on its own every once in a while. With the stronger motor of the DD base long term reliability is going to be even more suspect.

Also does Fanatec wheels usually give an option to turn off the shift bar? I find it a bit redundant when you have the HUD just in front of you and it serves more as a distraction.

Well, I just ordered mine this morning. Got the bog-standard version for 700 quid, as I didn’t fancy spending 150 extra for what is, in the grand scheme of things, still a marginally improved delivery date. Curiously, said estimated delivery date showed up as the start of February for me, rather than March as previously promoted. Edit: Just looked again, it says March 14 now.

I don’t actually dislike the standard GT wheel that much, but I’ll probably try to get a Formula-style wheel closer to launch.

Last edited:
I wanted the pre Xmas bundle and was prepared to pay the extra cost, but whenever I clicked the link it instead kept taking me to the premium bundle with the March 14th 2022 availability. (10 days after the anticipated GT7 release date)

After what felt like a lifetime I gave up and ended up pre ordering the Gran Turismo DD Pro (8 Nm) bundle with an early February availability date which has now, after placing the pre order, changed to March 14th 2022.

Awful shopping experience.

Worrying that all this feedback is generally negative. Also, that the wheels don’t ship until 10 days after GT7 releases.

Also does Fanatec wheels usually give an option to turn off the shift bar? I find it a bit redundant when you have the HUD just in front of you and it serves more as a distraction.
If history repeats, the answer will be no unless you use on PC (not Sony console).
There is an option for however to instead make it reflect braking strength by getting in the menu and leaving it on brake adjustment.
Additionally, the newest Fanatec drivers actually do this automatically but the newest 4xx level drivers are also very flakey. I’ve tried several and have reverted back to 381 as I can’t live with the problems they bring (400 level drivers).

It is good it seems that they got this worked out for those on the Sony platform.
Still a shame that there has to be an additional $100 Sony tax added for a product that that does the exact same thing as the non Sony compatible version.

Don't know about prices in $, but in € that is 120€ above the normal CSL DD with boost kit. That is actually insane, 25% extra for being Playstation instead of X-Box compatible.

Just ordered one for the December drop off date. Figure I can have my fiancee buy me the boost kit for Christmas :)

Last edited:
Worrying that all this feedback is generally negative.
It's a CSL DD but for PlayStation, and it (for a price) comes with pedals/wheel too.

Seems fine to me, though I can understand people wanting a standalone wheelbase if they already have Fanatec gear.

If there was a Standalone, I'd buy it instead of the regular CSL DD because I have an Xbox wheel already, but sadly that option's not available yet.

Back