Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
Fantastic Black Friday offer:

Last edited:

That has to be a joke. What a kick in the teeth for the loyal customers who bought these on release just a few weeks ago.

Gives me some feels as well. I bought mine in the first week (what a month and a half ago?) and this seems like a garbage move. Happy for everyone who upgrades now, but for those of us who jumped in it's not cool.

I do need a QR2 lite for the GT wheel it came with. Hopefully they go on sale as well.

Last edited:
I suppose I at least got a small discount at the time buying the bundle which meant I never had to pay VAT on the order. So that saved me a few more £s anyway.

Gt7 seems ok but if your using pc games with your wheel it may be prudent to hold off of this driver. It’s a few pages of borked ffb over at fanatec. Mostly on the podium series, but probably worth holding off until they do an emergency fix.
They've released a new update to supposedly fix the issues. Think it was just a problem with the driver for PC users, no changes to the firmware from 453 for the wheelbase etc.

Last edited:
Had another little issue with my DD last night. Blasting around Big Willow and suddenly lost gears, and then realise that no buttons on the steering wheel were working.

The actual steering was still fine.
The pedals (V3) were fine.

After turning off/on it was back to normal with all buttons working perfectly.

Has anyone else had anything similar?

Could be the loose shaft issue. Does it look seated correctly and feel secure enough?
I think the shaft is fine, I did check it a while ago and re-seated/torqued it.
I am also trying to order a QR2 right now, so that may help.... if I can ever log in on the Fanatec website!

Had another little issue with my DD last night. Blasting around Big Willow and suddenly lost gears, and then realise that no buttons on the steering wheel were working.

The actual steering was still fine.
The pedals (V3) were fine.

After turning off/on it was back to normal with all buttons working perfectly.

Has anyone else had anything similar?
I also had this a few weeks ago. Same as with you, after a restart of the wheel it worked fine again and hasn't reappeared since

@Barney Da Dog Give these a go mate and see how it feels.

FFS 100
PEAK
NDP 10
NFR 15
NIN 10
INT 5
FEI 100
FOR 80
SPR N/A
DPR N/A

In game I'm using 6 & 3.
Just saw this, may I ask why you turned NDP back up to 10? When update 1.31 came out, you recommended turning NDP off. I've been driving with that since. The new settings you posted seem to be going in a very different direction.

Arrived today, I really hope the knocking and slipping is completely gone after I install this.
The QR1 with bolt was ok but never perfect.
Could never really enjoy games like ACC and EA WRC because of this.

Fingers crossed :)

Just saw this, may I ask why you turned NDP back up to 10? When update 1.31 came out, you recommended turning NDP off. I've been driving with that since. The new settings you posted seem to be going in a very different direction.
They're old now as I'm always changing them to try and reduce the rubber band feel on cornering. The ones I'm using atm are linked in my signature.

They're old now as I'm always changing them to try and reduce the rubber band feel on cornering. The ones I'm using atm are linked in my signature.
Thanks for sharing! But still, why do you think it's necessary to turn up NDP? I feel like the car is a bit disconnected or the snap oversteer is delayed when NDP is high.

Thanks for sharing! But still, why do you think it's necessary to turn up NDP? I feel like the car is a bit disconnected or the snap oversteer is delayed when NDP is high.
Settings are a personal preference at the end of the day, if you don't like NDP don't use it.

There are lots of posts in this thread about "losing ffb" (the ffb is not lost actually, but only the vibrations) during long corners, such as the one in Spa. I've searched everything about it and I also came to the same conclusion: it's not the fault of the fanatec wheel, it's not clipping, but it's just how GT7 is designed. There are no vibrations at some long corners in the game.

It really takes me out of the game and it's feel crap, by suddenly having no vibrations on some corners.

So my solution is to attach a bass shaker to the base (or your rig), and have the rpm effect turned on in simhub. Even though there are still no vibrations on some corners in the game, the effect of the rpm masks this. It feels good this way.

Other than that I recommend bass shakers for a better immersion to the game. It's awesome.

Just installed the new shaft and the QR2.
Still the same knocking issue.
There is some play as you can hear in the video.
Extremely disappointed!

Last edited:

Just installed the new shaft and the QR2.
Still the same knocking issue.
There is some play as you can hear in the video.
Extremely disappointed!

Assuming you have the clamp tightened correctly then it's clear your issue is with the wheelbase, not the QR. Very frustrating I'm sure but sounds like you will need to be logging a fault with Fanatec.

Assuming you have the clamp tightened correctly then it's clear your issue is with the wheelbase, not the QR. Very frustrating I'm sure but sounds like you will need to be logging a fault with Fanatec.
Yeah, very frustrating.
Waiting for Fanatec support to respond.
Began with the first QR lite, bought the metal QR1.
Thought it was the QR, so thats why I bought the QR2.

The QR2 seems to be very good but unfortunatelly it did not help me.

(The clamp is tightened 8Nm)

Last edited:
Back