Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,717 comments
Everyone good luck with the auction. Based on the host errors, badgateway 502 etc it seems that it is already very busy on the Fanatec.com/eu-en page

Keep trying :scared: and then you're in the auction landing page.

Edit: huh? 18:59 countdown timer changed to: auction closed
Apperently the auction has been delayed with 20 minutes to 19:20

Edit2: Added 5 minutes and then again 11 minutes.

Loadbalancers can be a solution ;) I'm sure Thomas and friends don't like this either. Hopefully the IT dept gets it solved soonish?

It seems frustrating. I am just happy I have no interest in joining this auction. What are the delivery dates for the winners actually?

haha this becomes quite funny. I have not pushed the bid button. If I blink with my eyes the current bid is already above 970. Goes for #1 (about €4500) and now #2 is at €2591. correction: 2771, 2801 etc etc. 3381

haha this becomes quite funny. I have not pushed the bid button. If I blink with my eyes the current bid is already above 970. Goes for #1 (about €4500) and now #2 is at €2591. correction: 2771, 2801 etc etc.

I dont want to seem like a Fanatec basher, but how could they have thought an auction is a good idea?

man, man, man.

DD1 Auction.jpg

Funbidders will now get a ban. This is also not funny for Fanatec themselves....

Edit: next auction within 5 minutes. So they have the time to ban the "fun" bidders

Complete and utter farce! I've been a customer of Fanatec for many years, bought my last 4 wheels of them and have always given them the benefit of the doubt because they always seem to be trying to do the right thing even if they do make the odd mistake along the way but this is just stupid. There are much better ways of promoting your new products than this, quite frankly, joke of a situation. It makes you look so completely amateur. Was extremely excited about the first Fanatec DD wheel but now it's all just a bit meh!

I know we had a bad start with thousands of bidders hammering the bid button at the same time. After we kicked out the spammers we had a smooth auction and it was a huuuuge success in the end.

Thanks everyone for joining!

It went for over seven hours and demand was so big that not a single unit sold below 961 Euro.

Hundreds of customers got a discount yesterday .

In my blog I told everyone to be patient but it seems that this was just wishful thinking :)

It is amazing to see such great demand for Direct Drive wheel even at a 1000€ price, imagine what will be the demand for Club Sport Direct Drive Wheel Base at about 650€ price.
I am waiting for this. I just hope15Nm for peak torque and 10Nm holding torque (a step bellow DD1) and PS4/ps5 licence .
In that case, even at 700$ it will blow all the small DD wheels on the market like SW7-SW10-SW12 series just for the plug and play ability.

It is amazing to see such great demand for Direct Drive wheel even at a 1000€ price, imagine what will be the demand for Club Sport Direct Drive Wheel Base at about 650€ price.
You forgot a Club Sport DD wheel-special-designed-pedals for that price.

Is the Clubsport Formula 1 Esports wheel or the mystery limited edition ClubSport Formula 1 Esports with podium features compatible with the XBox One X if connected to the DD1 wheelbase?

I think it's so interesting that Fanatec has not had a F1 wheel for XBox One users. I have decided to buy a gaming PC this month so it's a non-issue for me but I'd love to have an option other than the McLaren wheel to play games on my XB1X. I guess Fanatec figures that if you're serious enough to spend money on this hobby than you'll eventually buy a gaming PC.

I know we had a bad start with thousands of bidders hammering the bid button at the same time. After we kicked out the spammers we had a smooth auction and it was a huuuuge success in the end.

Thanks everyone for joining!

It went for over seven hours and demand was so big that not a single unit sold below 961 Euro.

Hundreds of customers got a discount yesterday .

In my blog I told everyone to be patient but it seems that this was just wishful thinking :)

Holy smokes, a 38€ discount... all those lucky people will be able to afford a family pizza on top of their DD wheel!

Holy smokes, a 38€ discount... all those lucky people will be able to afford a family pizza on top of their DD wheel!

The alternate is everyone could stop bitching about the auction and just pre order if they really wanted it.

The likely hood of getting one for half price was highly unlikely and for some, any discount is better than none.

The alternate is everyone could stop bitching about the auction and just pre order if they really wanted it.

The likely hood of getting one for half price was highly unlikely and for some, any discount is better than none.

The likelihood that someone who can shell out a grand for a base needs a 38€/$ discount is fairly slim.

What we object to is that air of amateurism and artificial hype that is created by such bizare actions.

Just like the whole super state-secret BF deals with „will be revealed on BF...“ or „exact times are not given on purpose“. Good lord, just tell us when, what and how much, the majority of Fanatecs customers is older than 15 and not in need of sales tactics appealing to pimple-plagued youth. The majority is hard-working, middle class - and begs for a no BS professional approach.

I bet you a dollar that some potential customers are turned away by the „you will not believe what this simracer bought for BF“ way Fanatec advertises their products. Which is a shame, as they are very good.

And to argue that one could potentially have picked up a base for 1€/$ just fits into that start-up business demeanor. Not realistic, smoke and sparks and magic tricks.

As a German I expect from a serious German company a serious marketing strategy and not some shady smelling tactics.

My two cents.

The likelihood that someone who can shell out a grand for a base needs a 38€/$ discount is fairly slim.

What we object to is that air of amateurism and artificial hype that is created by such bizare actions.

Just like the whole super state-secret BF deals with „will be revealed on BF...“ or „exact times are not given on purpose“. Good lord, just tell us when, what and how much, the majority of Fanatecs customers is older than 15 and not in need of sales tactics appealing to pimple-plagued youth. The majority is hard-working, middle class - and begs for a no BS professional approach.

I bet you a dollar that some potential customers are turned away by the „you will not believe what this simracer bought for BF“ way Fanatec advertises their products. Which is a shame, as they are very good.

And to argue that one could potentially have picked up a base for 1€/$ just fits into that start-up business demeanor. Not realistic, smoke and sparks and magic tricks.

As a German I expect from a serious German company a serious marketing strategy and not some shady smelling tactics.

My two cents.

This is exactly how I feel. I don’t want games and run around and false hype. Once I have that in one part of your business, I wonder how many other places I’m getting it from you too. This is supposed to be a premium item and now I feel like I’m being baited and toyed with. When at the same time the AccuForce V2 went on a straight sale with no fuss and a 30nm OSW kit is less than the DD2 preorder. This market won’t be as forgiving as the mass market. The only few hands on reviews posted say they fall between an AccuForce and an OSW, yet pricing puts them above both. I was willing to give it a try for AccuForce pricing but at a $30 discount, I’ll grab a known elite option in the OSW or save the cost difference in the AccuForce.

I would have been happy with no sale but some wheels sent out to reviewers for DD comparisons. I mean if we are a month from shipping preorders we have to have some complete units or finalized prototypes that could be sent out for real review. Instead we have two or three little blurbs/videos about a test at an event. It feels like they aren’t close to having a packaged, ready to ship product or else it’s just not that good. The $30 I’ll forget before it gets here. Having a dozen reviews from non-paid shills to give feedback about what you’re really buying would be a huge value. Nope, let’s do a $30-$0 off auction where maybe you’ll get lucky and our servers will glitch and you can get it for $1. I’ll pass.

OMG I am salivating over this thing ... is this a leaked photo of the new super special limited edition wheel? This is why I am buying a gaming PC for Black Friday haha.

OMG I am salivating over this thing ... is this a leaked photo of the new super special limited edition wheel? This is why I am buying a gaming PC for Black Friday haha.
Fuzzwah

3 points·56 minutes ago·edited 50 minutes ago
Source?

Edit: it was explained that it was accidentally posted early on the Fanatec Europe site at this URL, which has since stopped working.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steer...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Price was apparently €369.99

Yeah I agree an on-board LCD would have been ideal but essentially the games provide a virtual heads-up display. I like having authentic switches and buttons for quick access/management of ERS & fuel settings, etc.

Back