Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
Do we know roughly when the podium pedals should be released? I'm buying the DD1 & the special edition F1 rim and i'm debating whether to just buy the elite pedals until the podiums are released.... or is there very little to improve upon on the clubsports?

No Xbone compatibility but the leaked image from the video showed an xbox home button on a very similar wheel. So does that mean another wheel with Xbone compatibility will be released soon?

Edit: Pic added.

68f6641faa5d661d108159007b796d.jpg

I pulled the trigger earlier this morning as well! They had 1000 available this morning. Only 197 left. By the end of the day Fanatec should have added €349,000 worth of sales to their balance sheet from this wheel rim alone!

I think you can definitely see how much more Europeans are into sim racing than Americans at this point - 281 still remain on the US webshop.

Trying to decide whether I should pick up the McLaren GT3 wheel as well for XBox one compatibility and for Assetto Corsa Competizione or whether the F1 wheel will be just as good for GT-style racing. Not sure if anyone has any thoughts?

Dominic Brennan
Hi guys, to clarify, we've reassessed the demand in each region and relocated few more units to be available in the EU webshop. The total unit count of this limited edition remains, and this is the only adjustment we will be making, so you must act fast!

148 in EU now.

It's not currently available to pre-order, but we are working hard to make the Podium Advanced Paddle Module available as soon as possible. There is an option on the product page to sign up for email updates about the availability.

Any information on pricing? Is it possible to attach with previous order. Costing a lot to send to Canada, would prefer to be in one package.

Was I a fool for ordering the DD2... Feels like everyone is going with the DD1 but, I wanted the 5 year warranty therefore it seemed like the right move for number 2.

Was I a fool for ordering the DD2... Feels like everyone is going with the DD1 but, I wanted the 5 year warranty therefore it seemed like the right move for number 2.

Then there must be a lot of "fools" out there as the DD2 is extremely popular. Plenty of customers seem to aprreciate the extra power and functionality on top of the warranty so there is nothing to regret.

And if you still have doubts then simply change to a DD1 and get a refund. Very easy.

Then there must be a lot of "fools" out there as the DD2 is extremely popular. Plenty of customers seem to aprreciate the extra power and functionality on top of the warranty so there is nothing to regret.

And if you still have doubts then simply change to a DD1 and get a refund. Very easy.

Sorry for using the word "fool."

Just wanted someone's opinion on it.

I’ve ordered a DD2 and have no regrets. The extra warranty, included kill switch/power button and having an extra buffer in peak/holding torque is worth it in my opinion. Do I need those extra things, possibly not. If money was an issue I may have chosen to save the extra dollars and order the DD1, but that wasn’t a factor in my case so I went the DD2.

Any information on pricing? Is it possible to attach with previous order. Costing a lot to send to Canada, would prefer to be in one package.
We're not discussing pricing at the moment. I recommend that you contact our sales team via email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com to discuss the possibility of combining shipments.

Is there any word on when the PS4 Podium series will be up for pre-order?
This information should be available very soon.

@DomB_Fanatec Are all initial DD1s shipping out with the "de-tuned" DD2 motor or is that only for pre-orders? I'm going to place my order during the first week of December and I was just wondering if there is any incentive to preorder. Thanks!

@DomB_Fanatec Are all initial DD1s shipping out with the "de-tuned" DD2 motor or is that only for pre-orders? I'm going to place my order during the first week of December and I was just wondering if there is any incentive to preorder. Thanks!
From the information available to me, I am confident that an order placed in the first week of December for a DD1 will ship with the DD2 motor.

Haha it's been a busy week. I ordered a gaming PC, an RSeat Formula V2, and the new F1 rim. Still need to buy the DD1 & clubsport pedals. Just debating whether or not to pick up the McLaren rim as well.

From the information available to me, I am confident that an order placed in the first week of December for a DD1 will ship with the DD2 motor.
Will PS4 podium wheel support those new shifters? (don't want to end up with lots of similar rims if I end up going Ps4 route)
Also do those new rims/shifters support gt3 modes (acceleration etc) ?

Back