Fanatec Wheel Support? Yes!!!!

If I read that right it looks like the whole range is supported on PS. Good news indeed, but what about the much ballyhooed security chip?

Sounds like it was a lie, or some kind of stalling technique. I think they (Fanatec and Slightly Mad) worked together to mimic the profile of some supported wheel, just like they did on PS3.

This is great news for Project Cars generally speaking and I'm very happy for the team and the community. Should make the game a no brainer buy for all next gen consolers with the Fanatec gear that works with each console. Good news indeed, all around.

So would someone like to point me in the direction of a good Fanatec wheel to use with Pcars? (Only if it is better than the T300 though.....) :)

thats what i was wondering. Does anyone agree this would be an OS update that would be for any games, and not just limited to project cars?

From the Fanatec site - https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/153/fanatec-on-playstation-4-and-xbox-one

"On PS every game needs to integrate special drivers to make a peripheral work. But it is not difficult to implement those drivers. The challenge for us was to develop those drivers. We now gave the drivers to the game developers and you can expect more compatible games in future."

Meaning that the drivers are now made and they will be provided to game devs for other games as well

So would someone like to point me in the direction of a good Fanatec wheel to use with Pcars? (Only if it is better than the T300 though.....) :)
Get ready to open that wallet then, for a top of the line Fanatec that beats the T300 you're looking at a 1000 pounds in order to set yourself up. If on the other hand you just want a decent wheel and pedals that aren't as new as a T300, but are good all rounders; for around 300 i would recommend a CSR or Porsche GT3 RS + CSR pedals, shifter set is 80 extra.

T300 is around the same price mark, but the pedals aren't as good although most prefer the wheel.

Good news!

Now the big question: Will Logitech wheels piggyback on the Fanatec drivers this time around :P

(not likely....)

Indeed not likely. Personally I think we won't see Logitech on the console market soon, but maybe we will.
The reason I think so is because of the fact that if Logitech will not make console drivers, than it will mean that users will end up making the switch to either Fanatec or Thrustmaster over the course of the years. In short it would mean that the consumer would fase out Logitech wheels by not buying/using them anymore.

So yeah, it will be very interesting to see what Logitech will do in the upcoming months to a year. ;)

Awesome news indeed. Makes the V2 purchase so much more rewarding now that it will be a moving onto the PS4 sooner than expected =)
Anyone want a V1? =)

Assuming the Carrera Wheel is supported even though it's not listed.
Hmm, its FW isnt upgradable so I think this one's left out (guessing because the GT3 RS v1 isnt in there either) :boggled:
http://911wheel.de/?q=node/4349

Wouldn't that suggest that it is upgradable? The GT3 V1 was more like the 911 Turbo (non S). A different era.

Edit - Since Fanatec wheels will be supported directly, and not as an incognito Logitech, pedals may no longer have their resolution limited to 256 steps as they were on PS3. 10-bit, 1024 resolution is what has been possible using pc.

Last edited:
If I read that right it looks like the whole range is supported on PS. Good news indeed, but what about the much ballyhooed security chip?

Yes indeed. Remember the Thrustmaster T500 predates the security chip BUT is supported? Which means if someone wants to get up off their lazy, money grabbing, rear end and write a driver then all these wheels will work with re-flashed firmware.

I am now just even more annoyed that I bought a T300 for last November's release :-(

I would say after Fanatec didn't hear back from me (and others) about our special promo code and offer they decided to do the "right thing" ;-)

Now the big question: Will Logitech wheels piggyback on the Fanatec drivers this time around :P

(not likely....)

It's not likely that they will piggyback on Fanatec's drivers, but it is likely that they will work at some point. Consider the facts;

1) Logitech tweeted that they were still working on PS4 compatibility months after saying that they were pulling out of the console peripheral market.

2) Logitech will sell more wheels if they were compatible with PS4, it's in their interests to make it their wheels compatible.

3) Sony have said that it's up to individual wheel manufacturers to make drivers & supply them to the game developers.

4) It was reported that Kazunori San said that the G25 will work with GT7 on PS4.

5) Fanatec have managed to do it.

There is no technical reason why it can't be done. Financially speaking, it's in Logitech's best interests to get it done. I can't see any reason why they won't eventually get it done.

:)

Last edited:
Okay... So... I said "screw you Microsoft" because my Fanatec CSR doesn't work with the XBone after getting that wheel specifically for Forza and the Xbox 360. And since Fanatec got their drivers out to SMS, there's a chance they'll get in touch with PD as well, so I might end up being able to play GT7 with my Fanatec.

Granted, doesn't make a speck of difference for PCARS, as I'm going to get that for the PC anyway, but the reasons to get a PS4 are piling up :lol:

VBR
Actually, I think it is likely. Consider the facts;

1) Logitech tweeted that they were still working on PS4 compatibility months after saying that they were pulling out of the console peripheral market.

2) Logitech will sell more wheels if they were compatible with PS4, it's in their interests to make it their wheels compatible.

3) Sony have said that it's up to individual wheel manufacturers to make drivers & supply them to the game developers.

4) It was reported that Kazunori San said that the G25 will work with GT7 on PS4.

5) Fanatec have managed to do it.

There is no technical reason why it can't be done. Financially speaking, it's in Logitech's best interests to get it done. I can't see any reason why they won't eventually get it done.

:)

Did a meaningful one stated
1) ? Or just some random marketing guy?
4) Never believed that "report"
5) they have my respect and as a current Logitec user i'll switch to them or thrustmaster for ps4 Project Cars. This unless Logitec will make up their mind and actually start coding ps4 drivers, that is.

This might be an ignorant question, but I've got a GT3 RS v2 with CS pedals. I assume as long as the wheel is supported on that list, then the accompanying CS pedals are fine? I ask, because they specifically mention compatibility of CSR/Elite + Pedals, but not others. Again, might be obvious but just making sure.

This is friggen awesome news, because my stand has been gathering dust since I sold my PS3.

I need some guidance. I still have a g27. Say, in a few months it eventually does get support for ps4, is it worth keeping?

Which would be a better wheel, g27 or 911 gt3 v2 value pack?

I can do without shifter for a while so the 229 us dollar price is verrrryy tempting and if it turns out the gt3 wheel is better, I really want the best experience I can afford

Thanks to anyone who can help

Another question i checked the fanatech webpage and they sell the wheel without pedals... They state you can use logitech g27 ones, is it true for the DFGT and G25 ones too?

Yes on a comparison section there was a compastable pedals thing that listed g25/g27 wheels.... don't know about dfgt

I need some guidance. I still have a g27. Say, in a few months it eventually does get support for ps4, is it worth keeping?

Which would be a better wheel, g27 or 911 gt3 v2 value pack?

I can do without shifter for a while so the 229 us dollar price is verrrryy tempting and if it turns out the gt3 wheel is better, I really want the best experience I can afford

Thanks to anyone who can help

I would choose Fanatec in every way over G27. If you already own G27, then the decision is more about value. If you were choosing side by side without owning either, to me the decision is easy - Fanatec. I've been the proud user of a GT3 RS v2 + CS pedals for a long time, and I think the sim experience is amazing for the price. I don't use a shifter either.

I'm not a betting man, but I wouldn't count on G27 being supported before this game comes out. Logitech is the suck, no offense to the word suck. :)

Back