Fanatec Wheel Support? Yes!!!!

@archangel717 - I am glad to see you have had the GT3 RS v2 for a long time and that you enjoy it. It is becoming a likely choice for me. It is hard to get good info on it as like most products, finding the people with issues is easier than finding the people who have been using it happily for a long time. 👍

Think is, selling g27 on eBay would be such a hassle. Fees, shipping, all that stuff I don't want to have to deal with
Exactly.

I'm just waiting it out. If support eventually happens then I'll be laughing. If it doesn't I'll just keep using my G27 on the PC and the PS4 can gather dust. 👍

Another question i checked the fanatech webpage and they sell the wheel without pedals... They state you can use logitech g27 ones, is it true for the DFGT and G25 ones too?
fanatec wheels will come with a adapter for the g25/g27 if dfgt has the same plug as g27 then maybe

So Google has me worried, how bad is fanatec CURRENTLY. Does anyone have any info on reliability/support? I am aware these areas were lacking, but how are they now?

So Google has me worried, how bad is fanatec CURRENTLY. Does anyone have any info on reliability/support? I am aware these areas were lacking, but how are they now?

The CSWv2, CSPv2, CSS-SQ v1.5 and CSHB are all solid pieces of kit.

I can't complain about the service either, but haven't had the need to use them much. Only had to replace a screw since I ruined that, plus I had to replace the sensors and loadcell on my CSPv2 beta. Although the sensors could be fixed by using contactspray to clean the HAL Effect sensor, which due to dust build up in between the leads coming out of the chip. Which probably caused the erratic spiking.
I did break that loadcell though, but that's a known weak point.

I have a CSR and a GT3, on the CSR the little joystick broke which rendered the wheel useless as it was stuck scrolling down and i couldn't select a menu choice. Contacted Fanatec and they took care of it and paid for all the costs. Their customer service is excellent should something break 👍

Apart from that both wheels are of good build quality and don't feel toyish. Although the GT3 looks prettier due to the Porsche design and the alcantara, you can't use it on a xbox360, the rumble motors make a tiny bit more noise, and it's difficult to distinguish the buttons as they aren't marked. I would pick the CSR.

I was a CSW v1 beta tester. That wheel was horrific. I had to send it in no less than 7 times. Sometimes it would only last a couple months. I have had a CSW v2 since November and it has been flawless. CSS SQ has also been flawless. CSP v2 (beta unit) have also had no issues. I think Fanatec has finally turned a corner (at least with the CSW bases). Some people have had issues, but it is nothing like the wide spread scale we had a couple years ago.

AND the cookies too, baby!!!!!!!
54zhb1.gif

@archangel717 - I am glad to see you have had the GT3 RS v2 for a long time and that you enjoy it. It is becoming a likely choice for me. It is hard to get good info on it as like most products, finding the people with issues is easier than finding the people who have been using it happily for a long time. 👍

Glad to help. My only issue with the CSP pedals is one that just about everyone has with them. There is routine maintenance required, depending on usage, for replacing the load cell. I've had to do it a few times already. It's a simple fix, but the problem is always lack of availability from Fanatec. My recommendation is to always have two on hand just in case. I've seen them go OOS for many months, and when the load cell goes bad, you basically can't use the pedals. So whenever they are in stock, just get one or two. Regardless of this fact, they are fantastic pedals.

@archangel717 - thanks for the tip - I will do that if I make the purchase. I remember now seeing that over a year ago they were out of stock but someone had found a replacement part else where.

Is it for both CSR and CSR elite ? or just the CSR elite pedals?

Edit - found it is just for the elite and the clubsports.. I would be starting with the basic CSRs - I know they are not as good but the current bundle has a discount on them and I will be modding them anyways.

Last edited:
I came so close to selling my CSR Elite and buying a T300RS (though I'm pretty sure the T300 would be inferior). I'm so relieved that Fanatec support is now confirmed. Hopefully some other games follow suit on PS4.

That does seem to be good news at least for those who own a PS4 and those who want to play GT7 when it comes out. To bad they are not able to support the CSR and other such wheels on the Xbox1. If that were the case then I would buy an XB1 and get FM5 and 6 when it comes out but as is I will just get the PC version of PCars and then wait and see what happens before I buy any new console. If GT7 is killer then I will get a PS4, If XB1 suddenly supports my CSR Elite then I will get an XB1 but for now PC will be the way to go.

There are no politics. Certain accessory manufacturers are simply too lazy to write drivers for the new consoles.
So how come Fanatecs won't work on Xbones?
icon_dunno.gif

We'll never know if there was a exclusivity deal with Thrustmaster/Sony and that expired after 18 months, so they could announce that drivers are being written and they will work on PS4 now (which in itself would be a money grabbing politic, as it helped sell Thrustmaster wheels and Sony got a cut), but at least the situation is saved on that console.

For Xbone however it was a policy from the start to make sure none of the previous wheels would ever work, so that is for sure a money grabbing politic by MS.

#3 = Making money by blocking older peripherals so people have to buy new ones again? Well yes it seems pretty obvious that's why they did it. Same with controllers; DS3 and the 360 controller are very good, yet they won't work on the new hardware. There's no reason why they shouldn't as people bought the official one from MS or Sony themselves, yet we are already used to them being shelved once a new console is released, and who cares about spending an extra 40 bucks right?

People don't think about it as they are accustomed to these practices, but with a wheel that costs a minimum of 200 bucks they do notice when the same tricks are being used to make us rebuy stuff we already own.

Glad to help. My only issue with the CSP pedals is one that just about everyone has with them. There is routine maintenance required, depending on usage, for replacing the load cell. I've had to do it a few times already. It's a simple fix, but the problem is always lack of availability from Fanatec. My recommendation is to always have two on hand just in case. I've seen them go OOS for many months, and when the load cell goes bad, you basically can't use the pedals. So whenever they are in stock, just get one or two. Regardless of this fact, they are fantastic pedals.

Or....

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/possible-source-of-csp-load-cells.284795/#post-8608632

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pcs-x-Body-Load-Cell-Weighing-Sensor-Resistance-strain-Half-bridge-Total-200kg/181468910742?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=30002&meid=4c5a0bf90ea44e07a0b4764e187ae5da&pid=100011&rk=2&rkt=10&sd=171022616293

US$7.39 including shipping for 4 load cells. Or you can even make an offer!!

Last edited:
It seems Fanatec entirely lost their marbles. They upped all their prices about 30%. A stupid wheel rim without much functions now costs more than a PS4 + pcars... Yeah right, get your greedy 🤬 outta here!
It's a reaction to the falling Euro isn't it? A bit delayed but makes sense to me.

It's a reaction to the falling Euro isn't it? A bit delayed but makes sense to me.

If they don't move their production back to europe and come up with competitive priced products soon, i fear they will run into serious trouble.

#3 = Making money by blocking older peripherals so people have to buy new ones again? Well yes it seems pretty obvious that's why they did it. Same with controllers; DS3 and the 360 controller are very good, yet they won't work on the new hardware. There's no reason why they shouldn't as people bought the official one from MS or Sony themselves, yet we are already used to them being shelved once a new console is released, and who cares about spending an extra 40 bucks right?

People don't think about it as they are accustomed to these practices, but with a wheel that costs a minimum of 200 bucks they do notice when the same tricks are being used to make us rebuy stuff we already own.
New consoles also actually come bundled with a new controller, so it's a whole different situation. For the record, I think DS4 is a lot better than DS3/2/1 was.

Considering the difference in cost between a good gamepad and a good steering wheel, it's not really comparable.

I too consider ds4 as the best pad i had at hands, but being able to use a ds3 too would have been lovely...

Back