Fanatec Wheel Support? Yes!!!!

I too consider ds4 as the best pad i had at hands, but being able to use a ds3 too would have been lovely...

Im already missing the analogue face buttons from the ds3. Just don't like to use the triggers for gas/brake.

I hated using triggers for gas and brake on the DS3, because I found the triggers to be awkwardly shaped and also way too stiff towards the end of their range. DS4 feels a lot better in that department however.

I liked pressure sensitive face buttons, but few games actually used them. I thought it required too much precision to use them for acceleration and brake in GT5/6.

Yeah, my thumb got a lot of training back in the days. Can't stand FFB from GT6 so i play that exclusively with the DS3.

I'm the other way, pretty average with a DS3 but better with a wheel. I was using a Logitech DFGT for a couple of years on GT5 then GT6, but since upgrading to a Thrustmaster T300RS (for PCars on the PS4), I've found I'm better still, and the FFB in GT6 for me, is a lot better with the better TM wheel.
I did buy some trigger extensions for the DS3 way back when, which did improve the feel and comfort of using them, but since using a wheel, they are pretty redundant now.

Has anyone figured out or asked how the Fanatec gear will hook up to a PS4? Since Fanatec is supplying drivers to Slightly Mad Studios, will the base and pedals plug in both USB ports of the console or will it be like a PS3 set up where the pedals must be plugged into the base for it all to work?

Clubsport V2 pedals are the only ones that will connect directly to the PS4 according to the fanatec website, other pedals will work when plugged into a compatible wheel/base.

Last edited:
Clubsport V2 pedals are the only ones that will connect directly to the PS4 according to the fanatec website, other pedals will work when plugged into a compatible wheel/base.

On the US website I don't see where it says that. It only says "You can connect the Clubsport pedals directly to the following Fanatec wheels to get compatibility on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and/or XBOX360, XBOX ONE (depending on model)"

On a PC the Clubsport base and V2 pedals plug into 2 separate USB ports. On a PS3 the pedals must be plugged into the CSW base for the pedals to work. PC guys say you get a little more resolution with your pedals on a PC because it's on its own USB port. Though I gather there's more to it than that...

I'm just wondering if the drivers written by Fanatec specifically for the PS4 will have more resolution with regards to the pedals =)

You're right FMW, the Fanatec website is about as clear as mud when it comes to explaining how compatibility works with respect to pedals. It'd be good if they clarified compatibly and resolution for pedals on PS4.

The weird thing is that CSR Elites are described as not being PS4 compatible on the website although I've contaced Fanatec and they said they are if used with a compatible wheel. The Clubsport V2s are described as PS4 compatible but like you said are described as working only when plugged in through a compatible wheel. What's the difference?

Maybe they're being intentionally vague in an attempt to sell more expensive equipment.

Last edited:
Awesome! have you tried these? Wondering about the quality at that price.
Sorry for the lateness. I've got a pack of four but have not needed them so far. Probably won't any time soon as the Clubsports are not my main set anymore.

I expect that they are exactly the same product, bar the wiring. I wouldn't go on price, as the motors Fanatec used from the first Turbo 911 > GT2 > GT3 > CSR > CSR Elite > CSW are worth literally around $2 retail for instance.

I've not heard of anyone finding that those load cells performed any differently to the ones from Fanatec.

FMW
I'm just wondering if the drivers written by Fanatec specifically for the PS4 will have more resolution with regards to the pedals =)

Yeah, not being limited by the Logitech spoofing, I was wondering the same thing. Some argue that it makes very little difference, but 4 times as many steps is quite a lot.

Last edited:
Noob questions.

If I buy a v2 base I'm assuming it will work on both PS4 & XBone.

Will I need to buy different wheels for the PS4 and XBone?

Many thanks.

The new Universal Wheel Hub for the CSW V2 provides compatibility with PC/PS4 and XBOX ONE.
Thanks. That's how I read it.

I'm just not sure about the wheels though, whether I have to buy a different one for each console.

Might have to start saving!

The new Universal Wheel Hub for the CSW V2 provides compatibility with PC/PS4 and XBOX ONE.
Thanks. That's how I read it.

I'm just not sure about the wheels though, whether I have to buy a different one for each console.

Might have to start saving!

Sorry on mobile

The wheels are interchangeable on the wheel hub. You can even mount many aftermarket wheels to the hub. It contains all the electronics as well as the buttons. It's all explained in detail on their website/online store.

Well I wasn't even gonna gonna waste my time on this game, cause all how I look it I would have to spend money. I have a PC and Fanatec 911 Turbo S but my PC is 5 years old I would need to upgrade from stock cooling and overclock my CPU (i7 920 2.67 GHz) and my video card (ati radeon HD 4000 series) and 3x 1GB ddr3 1600 ram. I also have Xbox One but I'm not investing in that pos 485 Italia wheel where I would have to spend extra for a h pattern shifter and clutch. So think i'll just dish out the $414 for PS4 & Project Cars

I've been out of the loop lately but has it been confirmed/answered that the Fanatec wheels will will work on release or a later date?

Back