Fantasy Football 09/10

Smallhorses

Staff Emeritus
It's Fantasy Football time again! :D

Last year's thread is here.

Once more the http://rocknrollfootball.fantasyleague.com/ is the place to go.

I've created the GT Planet private league to keep track of our points in a private arena. Password is 449.

This time around you can submit up to 2 teams to double your chances of winning. 👍

So come on, let's see what you're made of, and if you can knock reigning champion Touring Mars off his perch.

:lol: Oh no, the mind games have started already - I was about to make this thread too, and have already picked one team. The question is, do you go for two very different approaches, or two teams that are effectively the same but with one or two tweaks? Choices choices :)

Consider me in after last years absence, hopefully I can do better than the last time I entered.

On the subject of knocking Tourin Mars off his perch, can we use something big and heavy to knock him off with. Like a brick.

I've gone for two fairly different teams, a couple of players carried over but that's it and I think I'll try to keep them quite different throughout the season.

I've thrown my hat into the ring, hopefully i can overcome my usual downfall of not bothering to change my players when they get injured..

I might give Fantasy Football a try.

This is proper football :P not American Football ;), and you'll need to follow the English Premier League to keep up with the scores.
Hopefully you're one of the new generation of "Soccer" fans in the US that's going to help the game grow in this country and are taking an interest in MLS & leagues around the world too.
Don't read me wrong, I'm just checking you're thinking of the right sport here. 💡

Thanks for entering your teams pippin4652, Mark T & Dave A, the league is already up to 8 teams (1 more than last year) with only 4 entrants so far! :)

I'm going to be back in England for 2 1/2 weeks as of 30th July, and hopefully my brother has snagged us some tickets to see Liverpool's last Pre-Season friendly at Anfield against Atletico Madrid. 👍

Okay, I have 2 teams registered. I didn't put any thought into my players due to time constraints. With any luck I'll be able to do my research while Nick's in the UK and so be able to field much better teams (fingers crossed).

So there's now 10 teams in the league, and a mystery one pending acceptance. It's from somebody called Martin with a team called "afc rodsgotalldahouses", which is pending acceptance for 5 different private leagues...
privateeye.gif
so I'm a tad suspicious.
As far as I know, none of the people I sent the PM to are called Martin. :confused: A quick check of everyone's profiles shows there's only 3 that don't have a real name listed: ExigeEvan, Rue & semilife.
Since semilife hasn't read the PM yet, it's probably not him...

If you're Martin and you're reading this and you have a :gtplanet: username here, let's see who you are before I accept you. :)

For everyone else, once you've picked your teams and have submitted them for acceptance into the GT Planet league, please either PM me or post here to let me know your team names, or do as Rach & I have done, and make your user title recognisable as a GT Planet member by referencing your :gtplanet: username in your teamname or user title. (e.g. My real name is not Nick Smallhorses!!!)

Ok I have entered, not quite happy with my teams yet, so I will probably make a couple of changes before the season kicks off. My teams are Team Ash and Ash's Allstars. Please except my entry. :cheers:

I forgot my password for the site. I'll put my team up as soon as I figure it out.

2 more strange and unidentified entries for the :gtplanet: league pending approval. 2 teams from Neil Corry both with the same name: In the Sunsheeeinnne. :boggled:

Belong to anyone here? Let me know or they're not comin' in. ;)

Still awaiting entries from Dunc, Mars, Omnis & Alex. if you're still interested?

Yeah I am. Still trying to figure out my password. I can't remember what variety of pepperidge farm cookie it was.

Shame that it looks like all my fantasy picks have become part of Man City.

edit: Wait, do we have to re-register? It says it doesn't recognize my email address.

edit: Wait, do we have to re-register? It says it doesn't recognize my email address.

Indeed. You need to re-register with the Absolute Radio Site as a VIP member before you can access the Fantasy Football part. It's like starting from scratch.

:irked:

It seems the latest irritation iteration of this competition has a few bugs in it - I was greeted with the alert that "The players in your team break the game rules" and then given a link to a page to reselect my team... except the link doesn't work :ouch: So I've been forced to reregister and make a whole new team. Annoyingly, you have to clear all the cookies off your system before you can login with an alternate account, as it will automatically sign you in to whatever account you last signed in on :ouch:

In other news, I need to make 4 (yes, four!) changes to my first team already, with Arbeloa and Alonso gone already, and now Van Der Sar and Tevez both out with injury. :crazy: I notice that you only get 25 changes for the whole season this time around - that's going to make it something of a challenge...

I have to make a few changes because of injury too, don't think it is quite as many as you though Touring Mars. Why do players have to be so selfish and get injured, :sly: are they trying to spoil my first ever season of fantasy football. :banghead: I am sure I am quite capable of doing that myself. :lol: On the subject of transfers, does anyone know when we'll be able to make tranfers, the button is greyed out at the moment.

On the subject of transfers, does anyone know when we'll be able to make tranfers, the button is greyed out at the moment.

I just managed to replace Woodgate in my team, so transfers should be possible at the moment. Is the actual transfer button greyed out for you? I think you should be able to infinitely mess about with your team until the season starts.

I just managed to replace Woodgate in my team, so transfers should be possible at the moment. Is the actual transfer button greyed out for you? I think you should be able to infinitely mess about with your team until the season starts.

:lol: Typical, it was greyed out since I picked my team and was still like that this morning when I checked. It isn't now though, so transfers must have been made available sometime today. Now off to change my teams.

Ah well just good timing on my part then :lol:

Anyone know why the managers have decided to start wearing Burnley shirts? Not that it really matters what the boss is wearing, just curious.

Anyone know why the managers have decided to start wearing Burnley shirts? Not that it really matters what the boss is wearing, just curious.
:lol: I have absolutely no idea - that's bizarre!

Yay, can finally start tinkering with my teams :dopey:

The managers are wearing Burnley shirts on everyones then,:odd: glad it isn't just mine. :lol: Changes done, no doubt I forgot someone, or someone else will be selfish and get injured. :sly:

Hmmm, I've tinkered with my teams until they have come out almost identical :lol:

I would prefer to have two teams operating with two different strategies though, so that's what I'm going to work on.

Back