Fantasy Football 09/10

Well it was HOPEFULS, as it was made up of players I personally admire/not always fit/could do alright, But I didnt think they players I did select would be so useless that by the time the others were back i'd be last!

My first team was players I knew would be fit and do well, my 2nd team was reservers and crocks.

Ok I understand that, but I don't see the point of it, loyalty means nothing in Fantasy Football. I am a Manchester United fan, but I have only one of their players (Rooney) in my first team. You may aswell use some transfers and go for it with that team, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Of course it's your team and it is completely your choice to run it how you see fit.:sly:

Pippin:- I can't find out a definite return date for Arteta, it shouldn't be too long, maybe around the end of the month, you probably will be better off transfering him for someone else though, because he has been out of Football for a while and it could take him a few games to get going.

Last edited:
Ok I understand that, but I don't see the point of it, loyalty means nothing in Fantasy Football. I am a Manchester United fan, but I have only one of their players (Rooney) in my first team. You may aswell use some transfers and go for it with that team, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Of course it's your team and it is completely your choice to run it how you see fit.:sly:

:lol: Na I understand mate, I wasn't having a go, as you see I have changed my flops now anyway 💡

I'm so loyal to Northampton Town In my Championship FF I wont even pick any players who are playing for P*sh or MK :sly:

Well, Smallhorses has gained massively on me in just 1 day. What a difference a day makes!

It sure does, especially when you have Gerrard and Keane in one team and Torres and Defoe in the other. I had a good day as far as Fantasy Football goes and yet that doesn't make my feel any better, after Manchester Uniteds' loss at Burnley, who just happen to be the nearest professional team to me.:irked: Are you going to comment on the best performer of Week2 Touring Mars, that might make me feel a little better.:lol:

Well I didn't have a great week last week in Fantasy Football, I ( Team Ash ) have lost the lead to Pippin United and looking at the team Touring Mars has got now, I might struggle to keep ahead of him too. Add to this that Modric is now injured and Micah Ricards limped off, costing me two points that would have made it at tie at the top at the end of the month, I am not in that great of posistion. I have ideas on a couple of possible changes, but I am going to wait until after the internationals before changing anyone else, as if I did it now they are bound to get injured.

Add to this that Modric is now injured and Micah Ricards limped off, costing me two points that would have made it at tie at the top at the end of the month, I am not in that great of posistion. I have ideas on a couple of possible changes, but I am going to wait until after the internationals before changing anyone else, as if I did it now they are bound to get injured.

Thanks for letting me know! I have Modric too. I'll be waiting until after the Internationals too.

Thanks for letting me know! I have Modric too. I'll be waiting until after the Internationals too.

No problem. Modric has suffered a broken leg, so he will be out for at least six weeks, so he definitely needs transfering out.

Edit:- I have made some changes to Team Ash now, Modric out, Arshavin in. I had to lose Vidic to make this happen,:guilty: he has been replaced by Upson. I am hoping West Hams defense can stay solid. A few goals from Upson wouldn't hurt either.:sly:

Last edited:
Well, 3 weeks after I recieved this reply:

We are aware of this problem regarding managers, and Chairmen, trying to add their second team into a Private League. We are currently doing our utmost to solve it.

Billy Roberts

Games Administrator
fantasyleague.com

It appears people such as C-ZETA and my Brother-In-Law are still unable to add a second team to a league...

I sent the following email and another response to their "Contact Us" link. Let's see if this helps:

A further 3 weeks have elapsed and still there's no resolution to this issue.
Some managers cannot enter a 2nd team into the same league that their 1st team is a member of, and yet others can. Why is this?
Surely you can't have ignored this for 3 weeks?
While your game this year appears far more fancy, it's lost a lot of the interactivity that made it so good last year, such as the ability to sort the player list by things such as points per week, month and total.
Similarly the game results with scorers and players who assisted was as lovely feature. Gone.
The essence of the game is lost, and it's difficult to believe that it's hard to fix such a simple issue as adding teams to a league.
Please start making amends, your utmost doesn't appear to be cutting it.

Well, it seems even though Arshavin played 90mins for Russia the other day, he has picked up an injury, that means he will miss at least two games. I sure wasted a transfer there.:ouch: So I have now gone with another idea I was going to do, which has used up two more transfers, I really need a good run with this side for a while now, I am fast running out of transfers.:nervous:

It's not good that there are still problems with people adding there second teams either, if it has taking so long for them to fix, maybe they are struggling to fix it,:dunce: or maybe they are not trying hard enough.:sly: It'll be interesting to see how they replay to that email Smallhorses.

I was regretting ditching Arshavin so that I could afford a decent striker, but now I'm not feeling so bad! Tevez and Robinho are out too...

I'm dead last. Does that make me a bad person?

No of course it doesn't, I am first, does that make me a bad person?:sly:

Seriously though while I do lead at the moment by eight points, I have used up a few transfers, while second and third place are held by pippin and he hasn't used any transfers. Right now he is the best performer in Fantasy Football 09/10, congratulations on your performance so far.👍

I just hope I can continue to hold you and everybody else off, there is still a very long way to go.:nervous:

Congrats to the Emeryville contigent on a stellar weekend... :crazy: Keane and Jones for you Nick, very tasty indeed... :)👍

I had quite a good weekend for my top team, but the less said about my other team, the better. But since I am in a good mood, I will share my tale of misfortune with you, nothing like a good laugh on a Monday morning... :indiff:

I renamed my 2nd team "Useless Basterds" since they were (are!) underperforming, and subbed out Van Persie and (wait for it) Robbie Keane :ouch: They scored 5 goals between them at the weekend. I had Keane for 4 games, in which he scored precisely bugger all. How crap is that? Atleast his replacement, Agbonlahor, scored one goal.

Yep, he got one this weekend (1 point total, as he conceded 2 goals as well) and he scored 5 points either last week or the week before, which must have come from a clean sheet and an assist. It would help if the game website kept track of who scored what in what game like it did last year, but never mind...

No responses, and no activity within another 4 weeks of emailing fantasy football. Suggest we switch out allegiance to Guardian or Telegraph for next year.

To be frank I'm a little ticked off at the fact that your email unsubscribe link still doesn't work ( a great holdover from last year) and your complaints department are as effective as Andrex at wafting out forest fires.
3 or 4 times already I've tried to unsubscribe from your useless mailing list, and despite confirmations to the affirmative that it's been successful, I still receive emails from you twice every weekend, the same exact thing to the same exact email address. It's absurd.
Couple this with the fact that myself, several members of my family and several members of the website where I organise a fantasy league have complained via your "Contact Us" link and requested an explanation as to why we can't enter a second team to a league and have, as yet, gone unanswered, and it's possibly unsuprising that next year we'll switch our allegiance to a better organised fantasy football website.
It's a sad thing. Last year your site and league were second to none. This year it's as though you've been taken over by Portsmouth.
Please sort it out.

On the other hand, going on holiday for 3 weekends and totally ignoring scores and fantasy league points seems to have done wonders. I'm therefore taking the rest of the season off. See you in June! ;)

Good day yesterday for anyone with Cesc Fabregas :ill:

Atleast my team are keeping up with the leaders (only just)... I am also consoled by the fact that I am 9 pts off the lead in my other league, and the new leader is only there because of Fabregas' 11 pt tally this weekend, otherwise it would be very tight at the top.

Still, I need to make a couple of changes after the game tonight methinks...

It seems that a lot of my players are injured, but I'm going to leave my best 2 where they are and instead get rid of my poor performers - bye bye Ireland! I hate to do this, but he's just not the same player as he was last year :( Now my problem is trying to decide whether to opt for a Fulham FB or a Man City FB. I've been doing okay with my non-playing defenders as they're not losing points.
It's soooo hard!!!

Used the "Contact Us" link again to continue to notify them of the issues regarding entries of a 2nd team (and actually left some compliments about the improvements to the sortable player lists and results list this time to grease some palms as is were...) and got this in response...

Thanks for your email and comments.

I’m sorry if this sounds too much like the standard response...but the two teams thing is on our list of fixes and is currently being worked on by out I.T department. I’m told it will be resolved soon and thus will be happening during the 09/10 season.

Thanks for the specifics, but it’s a problem for all of the teams and leagues in the competition in question. So...can only thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Cheers

Tom Woodman
Fantasy Football.

There's hope for us yet...

It's about time they had the player's list sortable by points scored... it has made things very hard this year! That said, I have not been helped by some spectacularly bad decisions - dropping Keane for the two games in which he actually did something, dropping Lampard in favour of Gerrard, and watching Lampard net three times and Gerrard limp off... and the less said about Geofanni the better. Still, I have made a few changes now and will hopefully be able to hang on to the coat tails of the leaders... I am now 30 pts adrift in my mate's league, though :crazy:

I wish I hadn't made any changes. I'm now off the top spot :(

EDIT - That's really annoying... BBC credited Gabriel Agbonlahor with an assist on Saturday, but the Fantasy Football website didn't. How / Why is that?!

Last edited:
I wish I hadn't made any changes. I'm now off the top spot :(

EDIT - That's really annoying... BBC credited Gabriel Agbonlahor with an assist on Saturday, but the Fantasy Football website didn't. How / Why is that?!

They seem to really tight with their assists, while I haven't seen the goal in question, looking at the BBC website it seems Howard saved his shot and Carew scored on the rebound and I can only assume that as Howard touched the ball after Agbonlahor, they haven't awarded it. The assist probably should have been given, but I wouldn't worry, I would imagine a lot of people are effected by them doing this. I had the same thing happen with Darren Bent this week, Bent crossed it on Richardson's goal, but it deflected off a defender, so that assist wasn't given either.

You're probably right there, Ash... but they are inconsistent sometimes. I have been given an assist for a penalty before, and that normally doesn't happen!

It also seems to depend which team it is.
Surprisingly enough, :sly: there seems to be a London bias to this, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Fantasy League was full of bandwagonning Chelski supporters, just like the BBC, too.

Neither Sunderland goal got an assist on Saturday, and yet the entire Chelski team somehow seems to get credit for one goal or another. :boggled:
They even managed 2 assists for an own-goal?

Sunderland 2 goals, 0 assists.
Chelsea, 4 goals, 6 assists.

:irked:

You're probably right there, Ash... but they are inconsistent sometimes. I have been given an assist for a penalty before, and that normally doesn't happen!

Actually it depends on whether the penalty taker is the person who won the penalty. If so, no assist is given.
If it's Chelsea, it's usually Drogba's 18-stone frame going down when blown on gently, and so he gets an assist for Lampard who usually scores the penalties.

Okay, I need someone to verify something for me.
The Fantasy Football website included last Wednesday's West Ham - Villa game and last night's Liverpool - Birmingham match into this "weeks" calculations.
So how do the weeks run then? Clearly not Monday - Sunday.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

I'm not sure - they definitely do an update on Monday after the weekend football, but it seems they also add midweek games on an ad-hoc basis - but I'm not sure...

I've noticed that they have now added a player's injury/suspension status to the player list, which makes life a little easier - so you can now see at a glance who is likely to play for you ahead of time. It's about time, though - I only hope they are more accurate/timely with their injury info than my current source. That said, it is nigh on impossible to know the story for some players - Gerrard seems to be "injured" one minute and playing the next!

In other news, I had a quick look at the other teams I created before the start of the season but ended up not using... one team has 151 points and no changes, that's 4 points more than by current best team, after 14 changes... :ouch:

Last edited:
Who's got Defoe in their team? I think you'll be a bit happy today.

Back