Fantasy Football 09/10

Oh well, just gonna have to put up with an even amount of teams for now in the league. My first team was around £3mil better anyway.

Submitted the following message to the Support team at R'n'R Fantasy Football:

I now know of several instances of people being unable to enter a 2nd team into a private league. I am currently running 2 private leagues, one for the members of the gtplanet.net website and one for my family members. Most entrants have been able to enter 2 teams for the league, however, over the past week I have had an entrant for both leagues try to submit 2 teams. Their first team enters OK, but their 2nd team is never given the option to join the private league, defaulting back to their first team name and only the option to remove that team from the league.
From more discussion on the gtplanet.net website I can see this has affected many more people trying to enter teams into their work leagues or other private leagues, and this strikes me as a rather significant bug in this year's game.
Why is this happening and what may be done to fix it?
Please let me know as soon as you can so that I may pass on the information to the affected teams.
Regards,
Nick

We'll see what they come back with...

Try using the "Support" option and "Contact Us" to let them know about your problem.

The Support - Contact Us got me nowhere the other week. I submitted a message through the site, and didn't hear anything back at all. Not even an automated reply to say "thanks for contacting us" etc. etc.

Perhaps we should all think about joining a different fantasy league? The "official" one through the Barclays Premiership website perhaps?! (but then if we do that, we'll be 1 weekend down and I won't have my good score :()

2 games on today:

Sunderland v Chelsea
Wigan v Wolves

I swear if Darren Bent scores, I'm doing an immediate transfer for him.

Well while my first team ( Team Ash) had a decent first week, my other ( Ash's Allstars ) were rubbish, thank you Everton and Tim Howard,👎 so I have transfered him and used the opportunity to change it around quite a lot, I have used 4 transfers already. :lol: I hope my team doesn't suffer any injuries, at least for the time being. :nervous:

Brave move! Remember that you only get 25 changes all season, and you will need them as the season goes on! Last year, we got something like 20 changes in the first half of the season, unlimited changes over the Xmas break, and another 20 for the second half of the season. This year, they say nothing about the free transfers, and that 25 is the limit for the whole year :ill:

Brave move! Remember that you only get 25 changes all season, and you will need them as the season goes on! Last year, we got something like 20 changes in the first half of the season, unlimited changes over the Xmas break, and another 20 for the second half of the season. This year, they say nothing about the free transfers, and that 25 is the limit for the whole year :ill:

I know I only get 25 and yes I admit it is a gamble, but I think it one I need to take, I am currently last with that team ( sure it is only week one ) but I can only improve right. If I only had one team, maybe I wouldn't have done it, I don't know. I do know that I have made the decision now and I couldn't change it now even if I wanted to, thankfully I am happy with the decision, lets see whether it works or not.:sly:

Actually, I think it is important to chop out the dead wood early on, and since we have two teams anyway, taking more risks with one team and playing it safer with the other is probably a good idea.

That said, I still have faith in the Everton defence, since they were rock-solid last year, and almost cost me the Championship! Ironically, it was only by signing Tim Howard that I was able to stop the rot. I can only hope that Lescott doesn't go in a big huff and either get dropped or play like a donkey for the next few games, though, since I have him in both my teams :crazy:

Both my sister & I have received the same feedback regarding the problems with entering a 2nd team into the league for some people:

We are aware of this problem regarding managers, and Chairmen, trying to add their second team into a Private League. We are currently doing our utmost to solve it.

Billy Roberts

Games Administrator
fantasyleague.com

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon...

Better get your cheque book out, because he's just scored...

I am not liking the fact that I have 2 Chelsea defenders in the same team. But then, at least I can only lose points on 1 team and not both. hmmmm..... (scratches head in thought)

I am not liking the fact that I have 2 Chelsea defenders in the same team. But then, at least I can only lose points on 1 team and not both. hmmmm..... (scratches head in thought)

I would stick with them if I was you, but that's just my opinion. Look at it this way, to lose points Chelsea would have to concede at least 2 and that isn't going to happen often, also when Chelsea keep a clean sheet you will get double points. If your defence only consists of players from three teams. rather than 5/6 there is far less chance of losing points, especially if one of the teams is as good as Chelsea. It is a risk/reward strategy for sure, but if you don't take risks you won't stand a chance of winning. Having your defence consist of players all from different teams could net you five/six clean sheet points compared to a max of three with this strategy, but it is not likely that all them teams will keep a clean sheet, especially consistantly. Mind you I scored minus points with one of my teams in week1, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.:sly:

Maximum ownage for me. I thought I had Robbie Keane (who has scored 4 points in 45 minutes tonight already), only to realise that I have Keane in 3 (out of 4) of my unused teams, but neither of my active teams. :(

I have a conflict of interest... Robbie Blake has scored for Burnley :D but I have money on Man Utd :grumpy: Hopefully the game will turn around...

Oh. My. God. That was depressing for several reasons. That's the worst I've seen United play for ages.

I'll slit my wrists now.

Good grief, that's a shock result :eek:

I'm mad for not having Keane earlier - I even have Keane and Lennon in two of my other teams, and they scored 11 points between them tonight :ouch: I've signed them now, and got rid of Lescott :P

What?!?!?!?!?!?!? United got beat by Burnley?! :lol: That's what happens when you lose Cristiano Ronaldo and switch him for Michael Owen.

What?!?!?!?!?!?!? United got beat by Burnley?! :lol: That's what happens when you lose Cristiano Ronaldo and switch him for Michael Owen.
We lost because we played crap and Burnley were up for it. Fergie shouldn't have taken Owen off, he was making all the right runs and once Berbatov came on it would have been ideal for him He souldn't have had Park on the pitch, he's no use at all attacking, he's great for games against a team like Arsenal where we need to hassle the oppositions midfield but he was shocking today everytime he came forwards like he usually is when he comes forwards. Giggs was only good in the last 20 mins. Rooney was letting frustration get the better of him and ended up taking long shots all the time. Berbatov should have been on form the start. Just an all round awful performance. I do think we're a weaker team now but it's not specifically Ronaldo we're missing, what we're missing is just another player who when Rooney has a bad game can step up and be the match winner instead. That was Ronaldo but it can be someone else, we just don't have that player yet.

Just a bad day at the office and highly frustrating, I'll have to unwind with a nice cool beer.

Great goal for Burnley though, I don't think he could have struck it better.

So there's no updates on the new site with regards to scores, who scored and who assisted like there was last year. :grumpy: It's pretty hard therefore to get an idea of how many points you've amassed for a given game.
According to the BBC site for example, Kenwyne Jones assisted Darren Bent's goal yesterday, but he got 0 points here. :confused:
Conversely there was no mention of a Lampard assist yesterday, unless 2 players get an assist for the corner that Lampard took, someone flicked on and Ballack scored from, and yet Lampard scored 5 points for a goal and an assist. :boggled:
By this rationale, Gerrard should score 6 points for 3 assists tonight, for Torres and Kuyt's goals, and taking the corner that Johnson scored from.

Can't believe Park played tonight... I looked at the teamsheets after Sunday's game and noticed he'd not played, and therefore put in Fletcher who did play. Tonight, however, it's a role reversal with Fletcher not even making the bench. Anyone know if Fletcher is injured already? Dave A? Anyone?

Yeh, it looks like they've not got the Results section up yet - hopefully they'll add it shortly, since it was very handy. There is sometimes a discrepancy between reality and their scores though - but I think Stevie G gets 4 points tonight, as his corner was flicked on by Kuyt for Johnson's goal. The BBC sport website now has assist info for every goal :D

Yup, and Rock'n'Roll Fantasy Football ignores the BBC website! :P

On the BBC Website:

Branislav Ivanovic is credited with the assist (flick-on) for Ballack's goal although Lamps took the corner.

Drogba is credited with the assist for Lamps' penalty.

Bosingwa is credited with the assist for Deco's goal.

And yet Lamps got 5 points. (Not sure if Ivanovic got 2 too though?)

Kenwyne Jones is credited with the assist for Darren Bent's goal.

And yet Jones got 0 points.

To be consistent R'n'R FF now has to award Gerrard & Kuyt the assist for Johnson's goal.

The sortable player list that was available last year isn't in place yet, as you could sort by points, value, goals, team etc. and it would've been easy to see if Ivanovic has got 2 points. But it's a jumbled mess at the moment and totally unsortable, listing only a team, a name and a value. :yuck:

Can't believe Park played tonight... I looked at the teamsheets after Sunday's game and noticed he'd not played, and therefore put in Fletcher who did play. Tonight, however, it's a role reversal with Fletcher not even making the bench. Anyone know if Fletcher is injured already? Dave A? Anyone?
Fletchers not injured, he was just left out of the squad. I don't know why, he'd have been more use than half the team were today.

3rd and bottom!

Eeek

Sir Bobs Team News:
2 early season transfers, Bridge out for Johnson, and King in for Skrtel.

Might bring Bridge back for Shorey if A, Villa start shipping goals & B, I can replace Jo, for a cheaper, more free scoring player!

The Hope(less?)Fuls Team News:
Terrible start led to ALL 5 changes being made.
Ins:
Richards
Hangeland
Barry
Modric
Cole
Out:
Turner
Naughton
(Joe) Cole
Rodwell
Ashton

Last edited:
3rd and bottom!

Eeek

Well I can see how you are bottom. You have a couple of problems with your team. Here are a few for a start.

Joe Cole - Injured
Woodgate - Injured
Ashton - Injured

Add to that you have Naughton and Rodwell in your team and they are not first team regulars. You have half your team not currently playing. It's no wonder you are not scoring points.:sly:

Your team in third however is pretty much fine.

Well it was HOPEFULS, as it was made up of players I personally admire/not always fit/could do alright, But I didnt think they players I did select would be so useless that by the time the others were back i'd be last!

My first team was players I knew would be fit and do well, my 2nd team was reservers and crocks.

I'm hoping for a pretty fast turnaround from Lescott, he is the only person letting my team down! Defoe and Gerrard are raking in the points though :D

Does anybody know how soon Arteta will be returning to action? He got a cruciate injury in February apparently, I have him in my team, but I'll have to change him if he isn't back for a while.

I will hopefully bring back the likes of Cole and Ashton too my team when they are fit. I'd take him out anyway until he's back and shown a little form.

Back