Fantasy Football 09/10

I don't think I need to make any changes to my teams thanks to transfers or ijuries yet.

Hmmm... E-mail confirmation should come through more or less immediately.
I helped my parents set up teams for our family fantasy league the other night, my Dad registered there & then and the email came back in the time it took him to open another browser window and log into his email provider.

:irked:

It seems the latest irritation iteration of this competition has a few bugs in it - I was greeted with the alert that "The players in your team break the game rules" and then given a link to a page to reselect my team... except the link doesn't work :ouch: So I've been forced to reregister and make a whole new team. Annoyingly, you have to clear all the cookies off your system before you can login with an alternate account, as it will automatically sign you in to whatever account you last signed in on :ouch:

In other news, I need to make 4 (yes, four!) changes to my first team already, with Arbeloa and Alonso gone already, and now Van Der Sar and Tevez both out with injury. :crazy: I notice that you only get 25 changes for the whole season this time around - that's going to make it something of a challenge...

I'm having the exact same problem. :irked:
Do I have to recreate both teams then?

That's what I did - you will also need a new email address to re-register with, although you can create a gmail account on Google easily enough...

That's what I did - you will also need a new email address to re-register with, although you can create a gmail account on Google easily enough...

What a flippin pain in the behind.
I now have a new account itgirlx; 2 teams pending acceptance.

Last edited:
I just created a League for my office, but I have only been able to join one of my teams. If I try to join the second team, it takes me to the league page as my first team. Any ideas?

I'm back on the 8th (or tomorrow) so I should be able to grab a spot. I still have the PM from Smallhorses, mnd you, so I still have the link.

I just created a League for my office, but I have only been able to join one of my teams. If I try to join the second team, it takes me to the league page as my first team. Any ideas?

I seem to remember there being a check box, just tick both of them, one for each off your teams and it should join them both. If I remember wrong just ignore this.:sly:

C-ZETA, the link is also in the first post.:sly:

Well the good news is the managers aren't wearing Burnley shirts anymore, it has now been fixed. 👍 The bad news however is both of my teams now have players playing for free, 👎 It is not just a display error either, I could spend way over the budget if I wanted to. After a quick check of a couple of other teams, it seems it is happening to everyone. While I am sure the organisers are aware of this, lets hope it is fixed before the season starts and that nothing like this happens during the season, or it could ruin the game and that would be a shame.

Yeah, all the players values are 0 for me too. I'm just going to leave it as it is until the problem is fixed. Not that I want to make any chages yet anyway.

After looking through everyones' teams so far, I have noticed a few have injured players in them. So I thought I would see if I can come up with a list of them, for people who don't have the time to research it. Ok I know I shouldn't really help out my oppenents, but I am kind like that.:sly:

Here are a few.

Woodgate has had surgery and is going to miss the start of the season, Tottenham won't comment on how long he is going to be out for.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_5484998,00.html

Downing is out until at least December.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5451578,00.html

Van Der Sar will probably be out of action until October.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5473995,00.html

Vidic will probably miss the start of the season aswell, but it should be a few games at most.

Nasri is also injured, he is targeting a return in September.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5470270,00.html

Joe Cole is still out injured, no word yet on when he will return.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5321145,00.html

Edit:- According to the fantasy section of www.premierleague.com, these players are also out.

Jagielka is not back until Novemeber, Aurelio until September, Ferreira until October, Bullard until September, Boa Morte until Febuary and Rosicky is injured but has an unknown return date.

There are also quit a few other players who have injuries aswell, but I can't go listing everyone, especially players that have minor knocks. This has to be better than nothing though.

Last edited:
Good start for Man City, but Villa look shaky indeed. Whoever has Drogba will be a happy camper tonight, although Bobby Zamora scored for me :D That said, I can barely remember who is in which team - I think I may go for one "high maintenance" team and leave the other one alone as much as possible...

edit: Gah :grumpy: The Arsenal - Everton game was a bit of a disaster for me, despite getting a goal and two assists (Gallas, Van Persie). Lescott will score a -5 for conceding 6 goals, and Gallas will fail to get 3 points for a clean sheet for a last minute consolation goal by Everton. So I reckon that I will get a measly 2 points out of the game altogether. Good news for anyone with Fabregas though - 10 points for him alone, and if you have no Everton defenders, then even better...

Last edited:
Good start for Man City, but Villa look shaky indeed. Whoever has Drogba will be a happy camper tonight, although Bobby Zamora scored for me :D That said, I can barely remember who is in which team - I think I may go for one "high maintenance" team and leave the other one alone as much as possible...

edit: Gah :grumpy: The Arsenal - Everton game was a bit of a disaster for me, despite getting a goal and two assists (Gallas, Van Persie). Lescott will score a -5 for conceding 6 goals, and Gallas will fail to get 3 points for a clean sheet for a last minute consolation goal by Everton. So I reckon that I will get a measly 2 points out of the game altogether. Good news for anyone with Fabregas though - 10 points for him alone, and if you have no Everton defenders, then even better...

Thanks for saving me the trouble of calculating my points for that game :sly:

Congrats Rachel, you scored the most points in total in Week One (30), and commiserations Nick, you scored the least (10), although it is the 2007 champion, DQuaN, who takes first blood in the league 👍

Congrats Rachel, you scored the most points in total in Week One (30), and commiserations Nick, you scored the least (10), although it is the 2007 champion, DQuaN, who takes first blood in the league 👍

This is how I started last year, amd finished 4th (or was it 5th?) so I won't let it go to my head just yet.

I've got rid of Lescott after than shambolic display over the weekend. I wouldn't normally do that but there's a chance he won't be leaving Everton and if he doesn't then I think it will be a couple of weeks at least before he's either picked again or starts to up his performances.

Is it sort of too late for me to enter? The season's already started and I've got my teams in...

Since the hyphen in my name isn't allowed in the names it's been replaced with an underscore and I've been forced to add a number on the end of my name too (94 because it obviously fits in with my name).

Team names are 'I 12 Principali' (The Top 12 in Italian) and 'La Squadra di B' (The B Team and for whatever reason isn't getting an entry option. Anyone know why?)

Last edited:
No problem C-ZETA, I'll approve them now.
You'll enter the league on 0 points as you'll not score any points for the first fixtures over the past weekend. However, much like I did last year, some people have delved into minus points territory for the first weeks, so you'll not start at the bottom! (It seemed to work in my favour last year, 2 weeks of minus points, and then a march up the table to finish 2nd overall! :D)

I've made transfers to both teams already :guilty: I'm not getting rid of Lescott though as I believe that was a one-off mega-defeat for Everton, and if (more likely when) he goes to City he'll more than likely play there too. He's also got good potential for scoring or assisting goals as we saw last year.

No problem C-ZETA, I'll approve them now.
You'll enter the league on 0 points as you'll not score any points for the first fixtures over the past weekend. However, much like I did last year, some people have delved into minus points territory for the first weeks, so you'll not start at the bottom!

I was also looking to enter with a B team but there isn't an entry option into the league with them. Can you confirm why?

I can't understand why this is happening, but it's happened to DQuaN entering his work league, my Brother-in-law entering my family league and now you entering this one. :confused:

It appears there are enough bugs in this years version of the Rock'n'Roll Fantasy Football game to keep an entire Entomological conference happy!!! :lol:

Try using the "Support" option and "Contact Us" to let them know about your problem.

In my other league, the league host couldn't enter his second team :dunce:

He's now reregistered under a new email address and entered the same two teams 💡

Back