Fantasy NASCAR 2011: Season Over, Congrats MustangRyan!!!

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 477 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Welcome to the 2011 season of Fantasy NASCAR on :gtplanet:

2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Schedule

Next Race:
Season Over

Standings:
39homesteadfinal.png

Previous Weeks

Bold= DNF, Driver is available for the next round.
Underline= Consecutive Pick was used for selection
Strikethrough = Invalid Selection.
Green Number=Locked into chase.
Red Number=Mathematically eliminated from chase.

Points Table:
points2.png

Basic Rules
  • You must be a current member of :gtplanet:
  • You must select 3 drivers each week you choose to participate.
  • You must use the pick form to submit your picks. Once you submit your picks you will be able to view all submitted picks. If you would like to change your picks, just re-submit them, the picks closest to the deadline will be used.
    You do not need to sign up for anything additional to submit picks
  • Picks must be submitted one hour prior to the scheduled start time. If a race gets postponed the deadline for picks will be moved to one hour before the new start time.
  • Each participant will receive 12 Consecutive Picks at the beginning of the season, these allow you to pick a driver in consecutive races up to 12 times throughout the season.
  • You cannot select a driver more than one race in a row, in the event you do and have no Consecutive Picks left you will not receive points for that driver.
    Note: Due to limited fields the Budweiser Shootout and All-Star race won't count towards the driver rule.
  • In the event you don't submit picks and have 3 or more Consecutive Picks left the drivers from the previous week will be used. If you have less than 3 the two lowest finishing drivers will be used. If you have no Consecutive Picks left you will not score any points.
  • If a driver you selected fails to finish you will be able to select them again the next race without penalty.
  • If there is an error let me know, I'm human so they do happen from time to time.
  • If you join after the first round you will be given the minimum points for the races you missed.

All-Star Race Rules:

• You must select 2 drivers to advance from the Showdown race into the All-Star race, this includes the fan vote.(25 points/driver that advances)
  • If a driver you selected gets in via the fan vote, you will only receive 10 points.
  • Only one driver will be selected for the All-Star race, 75 points will be awarded if they win, if they don't 0 points will be awarded.

Chase Rules:

• Each participant that scores 1,500 or more points following the September 10th race at Richmond will gain entrance into the chase.
  • A minimum of 5 people will make the chase.
  • Points will be set to 4,000 points following the race.
  • 10 points will be awarded for each win during the first 29 races.

Prize:
  • The Winner will receive a year of :gtplanet: premium membership.
  • In addition the person with the most wins and not leading the points at the end of the season will also receive a year of premium.
  • If someone wins both the F1 and NASCAR competitions they will receive a lifetime membership.
  • Prizes will be awarded following the Formula 1 finale in Brazil on November 27

Past Champions:
2010: Cale

Last edited:
Justin, thanks for putting this on again, I appreciate it. Makes the season much more enjoyable. 👍

For the consecutive picks thing... Does that mean If I pick Steve Wallace for the 500 I can use one of my 12 consecutive picks and choose him for the next race?

For the consecutive picks thing... Does that mean If I pick Steve Wallace for the 500 I can use one of my 12 consecutive picks and choose him for the next race?

If you really, really want to, you can.

Last edited:
That was just an example... you think I would let one of my secrets maybe slip out? :yuck:

I want to do this...but on the other hand I sucked last year so I don't know if I'm cut out for it. :lol:

I want to do this...but on the other hand I sucked last year so I don't know if I'm cut out for it. :lol:

Compared to a certain member that shall remain nameless, we all sucked last year.:lol:

Also, I figure I should mention this before the races start. Due to a change in my usual work schedule updates probably won't be up until the Monday after the race. The glories of working in retail.:grumpy:

The only reason that one dude didn't suck is because he has no life and no job. ;)

Reminder that the race is tomorrow, get your picks in!!!!

Not much to go on, qualifying was based on Bud bottles so practice speeds will have to work.:lol:

There's a mistake in my picks. I have to use my track pad on my laptop and it screwed me up.

I'm going to re-do them under the name Cale-fix

Congrats to the guy who supposedly isn't cut out for it for winning it. Also a welcome to the new faces and a welcome back to the returning ones.

shootout.png

You'll notice a new look for the standings, it's on Google Docs so once there are some previous weeks you will be able to view them much easier than last year. I'm also keeping track of top 5's and 10's as well as position changes.

Also, someone submitted picks but I couldn't find any member by that name. So please either leave a post in this thread or send a message my way and I'll add your points to the table.

Next up is the 500. Remember that the picks for the Shootout don't count towards the driver rule so you can pick any driver.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Erm.. Is it me or has the pick form link done a runner?

Bee
Congrats!

Erm.. Is it me or has the pick form link done a runner?

Thats right. I want to enter but theres no link.

Since the entry list changes from week to week I have to wait until it's out to make the new pick form. I should have it up fairly soon.👍

Edit: It's up now, but usually I have to wait until Monday to see the entry list.

Last edited:
Since the entry list changes from week to week I have to wait until it's out to make the new pick form. I should have it up fairly soon.👍

Edit: It's up now, but usually I have to wait until Monday to see the entry list.

Ah makes sense! 👍

Shows how out of touch I have been with no NASCAR in my life :(

I take it is the same rules as last year Justin? With a few mod tweaks?

Shows how out of touch I have been with no NASCAR in my life :(

I take it is the same rules as last year Justin? With a few mod tweaks?

Was wondering where you were.

Yes, it's the same for the most part, the only major changes are Consecutive Picks and the chase has been messed with.

Was wondering where you were.

Yeah, well, i kinda forgot all about this with all of my health problems but I'll put my hat into the ring this year.

Besides, give them a head start, I came close last year ;)

Just need somewhere now to watch the NASCAR so that I can see my picks and not have t find out somewhere else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back