Far Cry 5 - Feb 27, 2018

• Thread starter Techy
  • 166 comments
That's what I thought initially as well, but I was wrong: FC5 map is bigger. 👍

Yeah, I would have said that FC4's map was bigger - interesting. FC5 certainly feels big enough, having tracked down those lighters yesterday and flying to each one took me a good few hours overall. No artificial barriers to keep me out of the different areas, which is good.

Having played the game for a few hours now I realise this. I've barely played any story missions, been going after the treasures and hunting.

One thing I would say to players, keep checking your challenges and try to clear them off for perk points.

...One thing I would say to players, keep checking your challenges and try to clear them off for perk points.
Are those the daily club challenges? Could be be a good idea for me to check those in that case, as I don't really play with many icons or HUD elements (not that there are so many in the first place) I'm probably missing out on those. Will have a look today now that I've settled down into this.

Apparently at 20 hours now and still haven't got more than half of John's area missions completed and been snatched twice and now am marked (hence the pictures of planes below.)

Apart from a prevalence of the Mime surprise hands pose for dead enemies (plus a few mistakenly killed civilians...oops!) I'm glad there are some more natural poses starting to take dominance in Far Cry games as well.

Far Cry® 5_20180329235447.png
Far Cry® 5_20180330143424.png
Far Cry® 5_20180331111649.png
Far Cry® 5_20180331120210.png
Far Cry® 5_20180331132150.png
Far Cry® 5_20180331220909.png
Far Cry® 5_20180331222312.png
Far Cry® 5_20180331234038.png
Far Cry® 5_20180401015805.png

Are those the daily club challenges? Could be be a good idea for me to check those in that case, as I don't really play with many icons or HUD elements (not that there are so many in the first place) I'm probably missing out on those. Will have a look today now that I've settled down into this.

I don't think the daily challenges are active yet. Go to the perk screen then press triangle or R1. You get 1-3 perk points for getting kills with each weapon type or takedowns. Other challenges are for killing a certain amount of each animal/fishing/using wingsuit. They are all pretty easy.

I don't think the daily challenges are active yet. Go to the perk screen then press triangle or R1. You get 1-3 perk points for getting kills with each weapon type or takedowns. Other challenges are for killing a certain amount of each animal/fishing/using wingsuit. They are all pretty easy.
Ahh, I'm with you now - thanks. I did see those and have seen the notifications cropping up. Sort of glad you don't need to constantly keep killing beasts to get bigger carry capacity, definitely an improvement 👍

Ahh, I'm with you now - thanks. I did see those and have seen the notifications cropping up. Sort of glad you don't need to constantly keep killing beasts to get bigger carry capacity, definitely an improvement 👍

One of the random fighter guys I have has a perk which allowd me to carry 10% more ammo when he is with me. Also worth noting those guys and swapping out ones you don't use.
Been using Grace Jones and the pilot but its a bit OP.

Nice, thanks for the tip there @STI9 - Boomer's been my helper so far, great for going into camps unnoticed and spotting the enemy positions, plus fetching ammo, cash and occasional weapons as he goes:
Far Cry® 5_20180401134537.png

I will definitely give the others a go though.

I am tempted by this as I enjoyed Assassins Creed by UbiSoft. I couldn't get into Watchdogs but I have never played a Far Cry game and any open world games I tend to get overwhelmed and not know what to do and actually get bored even though there is so much to do :guilty:..it does look good. I see a short Farcry5 'The movie' Inside Eden’s Gate is on Amazon Prime at the moment, https://www.amazon.com/adlp/farcry5 I may watch that and see what it's like.

P.S @MeanElf Great shots. Are those screenshots with the binoculars I was reading about? I guess no Photo mode yet? Any photo mode due in the future mentioned?

...P.S @MeanElf Great shots. Are those screenshots with the binoculars I was reading about? I guess no Photo mode yet? Any photo mode due in the future mentioned?
No, no photo mode mentioned that I've heard of. I used a mix of binoculars with the UI removed (one button) and not having too much HUD up in the first place so I can catch some good pics. Apparently PS Pro is far better/richer too.

The Amazon short film is worth it for background info and a bit of the atmosphere - as for the game and story missions, it will let you do whatever you want in whatever order. Start getting their attention though and you'll get 'marked' which means snatched and put through the wringer. The game can be pretty intense as a simple rescue the captives from a forced baptism can lead to a Bear or Cougar joining in as well as a few mobile patrols and even a helicopter or plane. You can get chased all across the local area getting into a wider embroilment as more attention gets drawn to you. On the other hand, it's a pleasure stalking about in the countryside, absorbing the atmosphere, staying alive, stirring up trouble and having fun flying or driving around the place. Some fun races in plane and car and likely jet-ski to take on too.

Thanks by the way - shame the richness doesn't quite come through.
Far Cry® 5_20180401102124.png
Far Cry® 5_20180401135213.png
Far Cry® 5_20180401135224.png
Far Cry® 5_20180401135459.png
Far Cry® 5_20180401135801.png
Far Cry® 5_20180401140819.png
Far Cry® 5_20180401141645.png

Thanks @MeanElf I can see the detail in your photos :cheers: It looks a great world to explore by walking, flying or driving. I am v.tempted :sly: as I will also pick up The Crew 2 in the Summer which looks good as well.

Ubisoft are coming out with some great graphics lately and also Beyond Good and Evil2 is on my radar (not having played the original) as it looks fantastic as well due out later this year 👍

I stumbled upon an "interesting" location.

A Radon mine health spa. A note I found near it recommended looking it up online and it was real. Radon health treatments were a thing in the US but ultimately just caused lung cancer.
Navigating through the mine was pretty creepy though.

This game looks glorious in 1440p. Great fun too.

The stealth is too forgiving though. You knock a guy on the head with a shovel with a loud *thump*, the guy lets out a cry .... aaand the guard 10 feet away doesn't notice anything unusual.
T8fjkW7.jpg

All of the melee weapons and blunt, no machete. Thought that was a bit strange considering 3&4 had machetes. Can't even get a pointy stick even though you can through weapons like a spear.

Bought this game last week and needless to say, this game is insanely fun. The introduction I have to admit was pretty sweet especially with that car chase, that chase was crazy! :eek:

While people are praising this game and giving it good ratings, I find it ridiculous how people are giving the game backlash because it doesn't support their political ideology. I think there was one person from polygon who got offended by the game because one of the NPCs were calling Obama supporters Obama Libtards. Pretty ridiculous, I mean if you don't like the game's ideology, don't play it or don't support it like damn. Games were made for entertainment purposes and it's not like Ubisoft or the team behind Far Cry are Neo Nazis. I'm pretty sure they did that because of the way how things are currently in America or maybe they just don't like Obama.

Other than the political drama surrounding this beautiful masterpiece, this game is really fun. I'd give it a 9/10. *Incase of moderation, if the context of this post doesn't seem appropriate I apologize since I used a little bit of profanity.*

Finished the game today.
No happy endings I guess. :D At first I thought it was the cult that set off a nuke, but it turns out there's already warnings you can hear on the radio about things going awry abroad. Love the fact that this game has three endings, none of which are happy. There's lot's of hurt behinds about this on the interwebz. :lol:

I haven't bought yet but I'm guessing it'll take me a month or so to complete this type of game. I don't spend a ton of time gaming (maybe 10 hours/week) and I tend to take my time to get my monies worth. I'll probably wait for a sale as I do for most all games - I have enough to hold me over. I also only like to buy 60 FPS game for my console (XBOX 1X) so mostly likely will get this for my PC. Definitely looking forward to this one...

Spent a few hours cutting into and then across Faith's territory today. It's definitely different from the valley with more elevation and therefore enemies able to see and snipe at you from afar - a different level of enemies too and the whole atmosphere is again, different in pace, approach and effect.
Far Cry® 5_20180403233800.png
Far Cry® 5_20180403233907.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404090427.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404092259.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404100122.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404100130.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404100138.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404115130.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404115422.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404115511.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404115519.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404123719.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404125926.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404134506.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404134754.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404162804.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404163023.png
Far Cry® 5_20180404170135.png

Anyone encountered an enemy soldier (red triangle icon) whose icon switches to a pale blue? can't seem to find anything on the 'net. It's only happened to me once so far and he isn't an ally.

Anyone encountered an enemy soldier (red triangle icon) whose icon switches to a pale blue? can't seem to find anything on the 'net. It's only happened to me once so far and he isn't an ally.
I've seen it switch to black a couple of times. Figured it was just a visual glitch.

I've seen it switch to black a couple of times. Figured it was just a visual glitch.
Cheers, that's my take on it too. I waited for him to drive up to me on his quad and shoot at me to be sure he was an enemy - still, it was odd.

Two areas completed now (well, still a few camps and story missions in the second to go. I'll say that my only issue is with the forced captures; not the captures as such but the result thereof. Once you have been taken the main camp, all resistance fades back and leaves only the outposts but nothing in between and that takes a lot of the edge off. Otherwise though, all good.
Far Cry® 5_20180405124743.png
Far Cry® 5_20180405134449.png
Far Cry® 5_20180406102230.png
Far Cry® 5_20180406102934.png
Far Cry® 5_20180406110653.png
Far Cry® 5_20180406112105.png
Far Cry® 5_20180406112550.png
Far Cry® 5_20180406120807.png
Far Cry® 5_20180407170608.png
Far Cry® 5_20180407170640.png
Far Cry® 5_20180407172046.png

This game is deceptively short. I enjoyed it massively but in the 2nd and 3rd areas I seemed to fill the progress bar awfully quickly then before I knew it I finished the story.
I have played the arcade mode for a bit and some of the user generated maps are wild. I don't generally play a lot of pvp but in this game it's pretty good but that's mainly because I am half decent at it :D.

...I don't generally play a lot of pvp but in this game it's pretty good but that's mainly because I am half decent at it :D.
I get irritated by people jumping about all over the place like they're on Pogo sticks but I agree, there are generally some really creative maps available since FC2.

Finished the game today.
No happy endings I guess. :D At first I thought it was the cult that set off a nuke, but it turns out there's already warnings you can hear on the radio about things going awry abroad. Love the fact that this game has three endings, none of which are happy. There's lot's of hurt behinds about this on the interwebz. :lol:
Honestly I somewhat understand the people who are confused by the Ending more than the lefties getting mad at Hurk's dad for talking smack about Obama and the liberals because if you think about it. It's like a mind fart. I mean don't the cult have full control of the radio stations and could have played that for their end of the world propaganda? Also lets not forget to mention that you were possibly still under the effects of the bliss when the nukes hit Montana and that the whole thing could have just been a hallucination.

Just really confusing to think about, though such a satisfying ending.

You know I just realized something. You know how some people on the Internet are arguing whether or not if that nuclear ending was a hallucination? Well there's something about that I want to talk about.

Ubisoft have talked about how their games share the same universe. If that ending was real, wouldn't this have a really huge impact on their games like Tom Clancy and Watch Dogs which both have modern day settings like Far Cry 5? If this was the case, I could see Tom Clancy getting maybe a new game set in a war between the US and North Korea kinda like Homefront considering North Korea is mention on a radio broadcast on Far Cry 5 but watch dogs? I don't know how could a post nuclear war Watch Dogs game would work out.

Maybe I'm just overreacting a bit but it's nothing that should be taken too serious since this ending really got a lot of people confused.

Back