Fastest Guy You've Raced

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 320 comments
Most guys I know have it at ZERO. TCS hurts your lap times, I don't even use TCS with a Viper or a Corvette.

Now, you see, I use TCS for the Viper, because although I can handle zero TCS, I drive a lot more stable and hence faster with it on when racing.
For hotlapping, I turn TCS off. For racing, it depends on what car it is, but any RWD car above PP600 usually needs a little.

GTXD_pivot (IT) was yesterday online. He drives in Suzuka 600PP his R8. really quick this guy. But on the straights is my NSX faster :).

I´ve practiced so much with the NSX, and now i know how to drive this thing.

That only thing, that me interests is - how high is the traction control setting of the top NSX-drivers? i set it to 5 or 6.

edit: ..in case someone ranks me there... :nervous:

I find the TCS doesn't do a damn thing except curb the explosive acceleration of these cars and gives you no forward momentum at all when coming out of the Suzuka Hairpin. I can't get used to the AI adjusting the throttle for me, it's an unnatural feel when I'm looking for some extra turn in and need just a bit of burnt rubber at the rear to point the nose where I need it to go.

I really haven't done any back to back tests with TCS on/off, but I'm certain that it's slower overall. More tricky and more demanding yes, but at the end of the day it doesn't take much to adjust to a little bit of slip at the rear end.

I currently have it on 1 using the N3 tyres around London. Otherwise it is a bit too easy to spin the wheels putting on the power out of a corner. Previously for S or R tyres I haven't found the need for it.
I'm not driving an NSX around Suzuka though. Just experiment and find what works best for your car and driving style.

Masaya02, real pleasure to race him, always fair, willing to wait for you if you spun out, but incredible fast. Always drives a black tuned Evo X.
I ve also seen another japanese guy with an normal NSX at unbelieveable pace, he was going into the pits every lap and i still didnt have the slightest chance of catching him with an Evo... forgot his name though :)

That would be just about everyone ELSE!

I've got some respect for vesinator and gamegangsta, clean good racers I seem to race against the most, always at the top.

FatLeadFoot was unstoppable tonight in that yellow Corvette on High Speed Ring, in spite of two rail-riders constantly trying to slide past evryone that passed them on the rest of the track: krenz93 and redliner7.

I had my first chance racing Zabeu today after hearing all about him...but he never got to the end of the race. I was driving my Ferrari F40 and him in his NSX, was sooo stoked i could get a glimpse of what everyone is raving about! off the line i held my place through the S bends, he caught me coming up through Dunlop curve and tipped me off which i managed to hold from spinning and cut back onto the track just after degner 1, he waited for me and was passed by the other F40 driver in the race because of that. He managed to get around the other F40 driver coming through spoon and i ended up running wide through 130R, i kept on wheel on the track but saw him coming so i stayed on the edge of the track to let him past but enough on the track to avoid the penalty...he ended up running into me and spinning out...then quit :( i really wanted a chance to race him well and good but i guess i scuffled my chances by getting in his way...slow F40 drivers :P

So the fastest drivers i've had a chance to race would be Dragonistic, AeroHDT, i just recognize those names as i've always had a good race with them when i've caught them online. Also GTP_mr_Volcano today in another F40...which i lost too...then found out i was running my Fuji setup on Suzuka circuit....NEXT TIME!!! :D

edit: ..in case someone ranks me there... :nervous:

Do you mean with "0" you drive without TCS? Whoa, respect! I can´t handle this beast without TCS - this thing comes always sideways.

Maybe you got a good setup for the NSX, that makes it smoother to drive.

Dont get nervous, i am not so fast than you @ Suzuka 600PP. My best Time with the NSX is a 2:17:4xx in a Online-Race, I´ve read that the best times turns around 2:16:1xx!

I'd say so far GTP_Mr.P, Zabeu, and truth123 have been about as quick as I have seen, although GTP_ALRIGHTMATE was pretty fast-too bad he's a punter, at least from my limited experience. There are several others that rank right up there, those are the people I've seen recently.

hey whats up everyone just wanted to thank cudadude and twisty for some good racing you guys are pretty fast good racing!!

Can't forget a fellow kiwi can I Lionface? LOL it's great to see you finally posting at GTP, you are soooo quick in that damn F40, you are by far the fastest F40 driver I've ever seen!

I tremble to think what you'd be like in an NSX or an F430! I haven't come across you in a few weeks, if you're looking at joining up with a few kiwis and aussies on the weekend, I'll throw you my MSN id and introduce you to some top GTP blokes!

👍

The quickest car I've seen in the Suzuka 600 so far has been driven by el_greco. Ridiculously exhilaratingly wonderfully stunningly unfrigginbelievably quick. :dopey: The rare occasions that I've had the pleasure to see him perform never failed to put a big, lasting smile on my face. I'd love to see that guy in an NSX and have a go (myself, or perhaps send one of the quick Honda lovers in my place) with equal material but since I would not want to drive the car he's using, I can't really demand he adopts my choice. :)

And about that race with lion face (which he is right to complain about): to me it was an extremely laggy experience, making proper close racing next to impossible, so I decided to call it a day and not cause any more nuisance. I'm sorry about that.

I used to have wicked battles with El Greco back in GT3 Time Trial days ... he was damn fast on the Alps too, would love to hook up in a Suzuka race with him even if it was just to choke on his dust 👍

As for the fastest guy I've raced? I could name an armful of speed demons from GTP and beyond ... but I reckon its more about car control than speed issue, the fastest guy can go off many a time with blatant speed ... wicked fast on lap 1 and a bag of nerves on lap 2 to lose it all! .. but a relaxed controlled racer will keep there cool whilst all others lose theirs and cruise home to a decent finish most races.. I fall into the first group as I'm fast out of the blocks but too eager to keep my gap from 2nd place which will inevitably cause errors and everything was in vain :(

Still waiting for Hugo (Boss) and Hekke (hsh) to get hooked up with this game and then I'm sure we will all be witness to another level of racing .. and you can take that to the bank ;)

Mr P, with all respect, I'm not so sure the Suzuka 600 can really be taken to another level anymore. Yes, el greco is ridiculously quick, but it's not like you cannot beat him at all. In fact, the same holds true for all the guys that competed with the best in the old hotlapping days. At least for those who I have met online, and I have absolutely no reason to believe that the real aces still lie hidden. Yes, the "old" champions are very quick but they are performing at the same level as the "new" ones.

Then again, I never was that much into hotlapping so perhaps I'm lacking the necessary nostalgia. :D Sorry, I just couldn't keep myself from writing that. :P ;)

And about traction control: from what I've seen, I'm pretty certain that neither Truth nor Honey use it.

Don't say I never warned you ... and today is Hugo's birthday! If he gets that PS3 we are all doomed! :P

Seriously though I was there to witness Hugo in action on the G25 racing online at a Dutch LAN event last month and he was pretty much unbeatable, not only did he do a full sweep and win every single race over the 2 days of racing GT4 LAN and gaining maximum possible points .. but when he raced online with GT5P he seemed to have lost nothing between the 2 games. so maybe last night it may have looked like I hyped things up just a bit .. but I do believe the best driver is not on the track yet, I'm sure the countless German LAN's and Dutch LAN's can attest to his abilities and domination over live participants. The guy has a natural gift and thrives on racing the cars with the crappiest tyres going :scared:

Anyway thats how I see things .. I believe my eyes and I saw some crazy cool stuff across the water yep :)
Thanks for the reply Zabeu :cheers:
Ron.

Can't forget a fellow kiwi can I Lionface? LOL it's great to see you finally posting at GTP, you are soooo quick in that damn F40, you are by far the fastest F40 driver I've ever seen!

I tremble to think what you'd be like in an NSX or an F430! I haven't come across you in a few weeks, if you're looking at joining up with a few kiwis and aussies on the weekend, I'll throw you my MSN id and introduce you to some top GTP blokes!

👍

Thank you for your kind words, but im still getting faster and fine tuning my setup. Also due to a bout of MGS4 im a little inconsistant getting back into it. Im a big Ferrari fan but I dont like the F430 so much, brilliant car..i find it too easy to drive, and the NSX appears to be a much faster version of the F40, i can definantly feel and see the potential (potential thats already been proven by Zabeu and co) in the car being the fastest in PP600 in the few tests i've played about with it, but i hate driving cars for the sake of them being the fastest. I enjoy the challenge of driving the F40 and outperforming faster cars/drivers...although as the competition heats up, the F40 might be lagging a bit too far behind...:nervous:

Definantly keen on joining up via MSN this weekend though! 👍 cya online!

THE FASTEST GUY IN SUZUKA 700PT GOES BY THE IN Barbados246_12 also Sun_Odah, Bear Vomit & Luisfr.

These guys are constantly very fast and only when knocked off lose their races

I'm also keen to see some of the known GT4 heroes get into GT5p, Hugo for one, but of course Holl01 and hOtBoI, Zoky, Tannis, etc. I think zabeu makes a good point but I'm still very curious about what they would do. What about the French guy who wins the world champs, snake or something. I just wonder :sly:

Time will tell, Mr P and Mr Weary. :)

One thing is certain though: nearly every evening right now there is some of the quickest and most entertaining racing going on that I have ever seen. And I'd certainly be the last to object if the quality can be taken even further! :dopey:

Never thought I'd say this as I've raced against this guy quite a bit and to my utter shame, didn't rank him as a top driver.

Sinsemelia[AU], you put on the most amazing driving display today, and walked away from me in a Corvette Z06 at Suzuka600PP and a field of AWD blokes. Perfection, cleanliness and pure speed, I've never seen anyone drive a Corvette that fast before and you blew my previous best race time away by more than 4 seconds.

Hats off to you, mate, I'll be adding you very soon to my buddies list!

;)

i usally always drive with my FD RX-7 however its real hard to keep up with these skilled drivers driving the AWD cars so im thinking about switching cars...

i usally always drive with my FD RX-7 however its real hard to keep up with these skilled drivers driving the AWD cars so im thinking about switching cars...

It's not so much that all AWD drivers are so skilled (some are I know), or that AWD is always faster than RWD (because that's certainly not always the case), but it's that AWD makes recovering from mistakes a whole lot easier. You could make a bunch of little mistakes in a AWD car and your lap time would only suffer a few tenths. Make one or two little mistakes in a RWD car and you'll be up a full second. AWD also makes it really easy for those cars to bully and push their way through the field.

I think AWD has an edge in racing since they can take really tight lines for passing other cars and still be quick, whereas if a RWD wants to be quick he/she is limited to one racing line. IMO because of this AWD should race separately from RWD, FWD, and MR.

It's not so much that all AWD drivers are so skilled (some are I know), or that AWD is always faster than RWD (because that's certainly not always the case), but it's that AWD makes recovering from mistakes a whole lot easier. You could make a bunch of little mistakes in a AWD car and your lap time would only suffer a few tenths. Make one or two little mistakes in a RWD car and you'll be up a full second. AWD also makes it really easy for those cars to bully and push their way through the field.

I think AWD has an edge in racing since they can take really tight lines for passing other cars and still be quick, whereas if a RWD wants to be quick he/she is limited to one racing line. IMO because of this AWD should race separately from RWD, FWD, and MR.

👍👍

The current tyre regulations give the AWD brigade an advantage. Before guys could shoehorn a set of harder tyres onto the front of their RWD car to enable more understeer and more balance. And thus save Performance Points to use on MORE horsepower!

Sadly that can't be done with this 'one tyre fits all' regulation and I do believe the advantage of AWD is not penalized with the current PP situation. They need to add a further 10 points onto the base PP performance of these cars because they're far too underrated at this stage of the game.

Or maybe we're just not good enough to have a rear wheel drive car at the limits of performance....

shrug?

yea i understand this, however this is only because we are limited to S2 tires with my g25 i have to have a greater throttle control using my RX-7 then my R34 for the fact it helps to drive AWD cars with S2 tires (better grip). When we had no tire restriction i had no problem. i ran with R tires, also when it comes to racing FR/MR cars are usally the best IMO i dont think AWD is better i just think with the S2 tire restriction AWD cars make it easer to drive. if they are not very skilled AWD drivers i usally beat them. if they are skilled AWD its a different story

Back