Fastest Prize Credit Race (Not Cheating)

No need to stress on the transmission because it’s not very important on this track.

Optimizing gearing might not be imperative, but I feel it is important.

For oval racing in IndyCar, teams typically employ a three top gear setup. This track very greatly resembles Pocono Raceway. For a six speed gearbox, sixth is my primary gear & used for greater than 50 percent of the lap. It also must leave capacity for drafting overspeed.
I use fourth for T1 & for accelerating following rare big trouble in overtake situations.
Fifth is an intermediate gear for acceleration or sometimes after difficult T3 overtakes.
I settle on a final gear I think the car can handle; stock typically is satisfactory. Then I experiment running laps until I'm satisfied with times & speeds.

Optimizing gearing might not be imperative, but I feel it is important.

For oval racing in IndyCar, teams typically employ a three top gear setup. This track very greatly resembles Pocono Raceway. For a six speed gearbox, sixth is my primary gear & used for greater than 50 percent of the lap. It also must leave capacity for drafting overspeed.
I use fourth for T1 & for accelerating following rare big trouble in overtake situations.
Fifth is an intermediate gear for acceleration or sometimes after difficult T3 overtakes.
I settle on a final gear I think the car can handle; stock typically is satisfactory. Then I experiment running laps until I'm satisfied with times & speeds.

I guess what I meant to say is, my transmission setup isn’t important lol all the flipping to get the ratios higher... I’m not sure it really has any effect tbh. All I do is make 5th gear 2/3 of the max RPM’s while taking turn 1, which usually makes the sound of the downshift while braking going into turn one on Automatic Transmission the drivers que to get back on the throttle. Having a que to listen/watch for leads to consistency. As for 6th gear, I just make it a few MPH higher than what the car can reach while in a draft. I don’t know the ins and outs of a transmission and proper gearing for acceleration. I strictly tune my gears for the maximum grip in turns.

I'm using the Ford GT 'N400', to win 345.000, clean race, RSS. (against the Veyron or Enzo or Veneno as leaders).

I'm about to complete 20 million, but I think I'll wait for the Ford GT40 mklV, which I consider the most beautiful of the 'Trio'.

I'm using the Ford GT 'N400', to win 345.000, clean race, RSS. (against the Veyron or Enzo or Veneno as leaders).

I'm about to complete 20 million, but I think I'll wait for the Ford GT40 mklV, which I consider the most beautiful of the 'Trio'.

What’s the total race finishing time on the N400 Ford GT?

That's a bit slower than the XBow, though. :(

XBow with only Racing SS tires (untuned) can get you 350.000 credits in 11:45-11:50.
The tuned XBow that's in the first post gets you 350.000 in 11:35-11:40.

E - You can also finish 10+ seconds ahead of the Veyron, and at least 7+ seconds ahead of the LaFerrari.

That's a bit slower than the XBow, though. :(

XBow with only Racing SS tires (untuned) can get you 350.000 credits in 11:45-11:50.
The tuned XBow that's in the first post gets you 350.000 in 11:35-11:40.

E - You can also finish 10+ seconds ahead of the Veyron, and at least 7+ seconds ahead of the LaFerrari.
I run with Ford GT to have a bit more classy.;)👍

Today I Learned: If top 3 cars are the following: Enzo, F40, Veneno, you can finish 30 seconds ahead of the Enzo with the tuned XBow. :D
Just hit 20m, time to get me a new car...

Today I Learned: If top 3 cars are the following: Enzo, F40, Veneno, you can finish 30 seconds ahead of the Enzo with the tuned XBow. :D
Just hit 20m, time to get me a new car...

Only 20 Million More to Go! :lol: I don’t like the new 20 Mil Cars lol especially being Gr.X... if they were the N-Class it would have more value. If people set the Lobby to Gr.X the Vision cars/Race cars just dominate the field.

As most of you know there is a race in GT League that is 15 Laps at Blue Moon Bay Speedway vs N1000 opponents. I crafted a build really quick for the X-Bow (N300) so that you can farm 250,000-375,000 Credits in under 12 min with ease. I had previously posted a tune I threw together in a matter of minutes without prior testing. I just went back and actually played with it in Time Trials perfecting it and here is what I came up with.

Don’t Overlook the Front Tires! (Most Important Thing)

Here ya go... have fun, and let me know if you decide to tweak something that improves it even further.

Time Trial Fastest Lap
View attachment 709540
Suspension
View attachment 709541
Transmission - Reset to Default and then start a custom Transmission from scratch and follow these steps...
- Top Speed Max
- Final Gear Max
- Top Speed Min
- Final Gear Min
- Top Speed 180 mph
- Match the numbers below and you’re all set!
View attachment 709542
Race Fastest Lap was 45.2 :)
Total Time 11:32.007
View attachment 710324
Hey @uMayBeSeated can you do a tune on the shelby cobra for this grind? Its pretty quick without a tune just a little unstable. Its my fav car in the game. And if im going to grind may aswell be in my fav car. Im half way through lvl 47 so still a bit for me to go.

Ive changed tyres and set top speed to 290km and adjusted power to be n400 and minimum weight.

Im running in the high 48s and winning by 3.5 sec from la ferrari.

Im going to see now how far off a n300 cobra is. I dont think itll be enough.

EDIT cant be tuned under n400. Lol all good :-)

Last edited:
I use RSS front and rear on X-Bow N300, and much less camber and managing to get 0:47 lap times all the time without drag... Even LaFerrari can't escape :)

I use RSS front and rear on X-Bow N300, and much less camber and managing to get 0:47 lap times all the time without drag... Even LaFerrari can't escape :)

I think RSS rear and RM fronts is a little easier to handle. I can run 46 second laps in the X-Bow drafting, 47's by myself and I am far from being an alien.

After ten or more years of grinding I actually thought I'd never do this again :sly:. Well, the upcoming new update changed my mind and made me hop into my X-BOW.
Thank you @uMayBeSeated, I used your old setup ( didn't find the other ) - very cool. I really was astonished about the car's behaviour, almost felt like on rails 👍.

Tuned N300 / front RH, rear RSS / no assists but ABS.
Overtook the LaFerrari in lap 8 or 9, FL 45.7, best ( clean ) run 11.40 :).

IMG_0467.JPG

12.5 million credits now at least :D ... Cheers !

Just send a PM to a moderator, and see what they can do.

Done.

After ten or more years of grinding I actually thought I'd never do this again :sly:. Well, the upcoming new update changed my mind and made me hop into my X-BOW.
Thank you @uMayBeSeated, I used your old setup ( didn't find the other ) - very cool. I really was astonished about the car's behaviour, almost felt like on rails 👍.

Tuned N300 / front RH, rear RSS / no assists but ABS.
Overtook the LaFerrari in lap 8 or 9, FL 45.7, best ( clean ) run 11.40 :).

View attachment 739473

12.5 million credits now at least :D ... Cheers !

My new setup is the one @fordlaser linked a few messages back. Still waiting for this thread to get locked.

I like doing the Premium Sports Lounge Race 2. Nets me 405k @22minutes

Using the E30(because it's fun, sounds good and looks good with different liveries):

RSS
244BHP
1,080kg
TCS 0
Ride Height 105/105
NF 2.22/2.21
A-RB 9/9
DR(C) 59/59
DR(R) 89/89
Camber 5.0/4.0
TA Stock

LSD Fully Custom Stock

Fully Custom Transmission
1st 2.393/111
All other gears Stock

The lead car doesn't matter. I clear it by lap 6 or 7. Beware of the 650S. If it's passed before the final uphill esses, it catches up and may lose control making side to side contact. This bumps pay off down to 270k.

Thanks for tagging my updated post, because this is actually my original post... not the tune from a few weeks ago... can I get a moderator to lock this one? I have posted a new and improved version since this one.

I'm an avid user of your tune. With 125 wins at BMB, 7000 km later, and I'm still halfway to purchasing the 330 :lol: At least I already got the XJ13 and Miura - both grinded too btw (the daily spinner REALLY hates me :banghead:). Usually I run low 46s, occasional dip into 45s with good draft. Race time around 11.40 ish.

I tried your new tune from May and first thing I noticed it's more supple in the first turn. I'm driving with T-GT and the wheel doesn't judder as much even when taking it at 200 km/h. In the last corner however, the softer suspension and the hard springs makes the front end skip across the track. It's really weird. I can avoid it if I'm really really smooth, but this never happens with the old tune. If the skipping happens I lose oodles of speed and can't maintain 250 km/h (which I can easy with the old tune). So it's a bit of a mixed bag - the new tune is faster in turn 1, but slower/less consistent in turn 3, especially when having to drive a less optimal line due to traffic. Overall laptime and race time is similar. I can see how the new tune is more forgiving for pad users (the loss of grip is generally more progressive), but I like the first tune more. It's quite interesting because both tunes are completely opposite in terms of ride height, brake balance, toe and LSD decel, but still manages similar lap times (but completely different feelings).

So each to their own, and I suggest we keep this thread open (maybe put a link in the OP to the other thread, and vice versa) since some people might prefer one or the other 👍

Xbow N500 vs GR.4 Custom race rubber bands method - payout for 12 hours:

Blue Moon Speedway

2.jpg

So that's how I do it :

Tuning from here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-prize-credit-race-not-cheating.374124/ - just higher top speed. Should reach around 180mph/290km/h before corner 1.

Max HP, minimum weight. Racing super soft rear, hard front. No TC.

Usual custom race settings for max payout.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR RUBBER BANDS !

Throttle on the max obviously.

As for the steering though - the car must be steering right enough so it doesn't weer to the left after the slow corner.

Ideally it should exit the slow corner and briefly stop touching the wall and then get back to it - like half a meter from the wall.

Otherwise it will hit the lapped cars and spin.

PS4 REDUCE HEAT/USAGE TIP

1. Get another rubber band

2. Change to bumper cam

3. Attack rubber band to right stick so you're looking at the wall

4. The fan on PS4 should significantly slow down (mine did)

It's basically like looking at the sky in any video game and getting crazy fps - same here with the wall. Not much to process = less demand from hardware thus less heat and less wear.

Last edited:
Xbow N500 vs GR.4 Custom race rubber bands method - payout for 12 hours:

Blue Moon Speedway

View attachment 752600

So that's how I do it :

Tuning from here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-prize-credit-race-not-cheating.374124/ - just higher top speed. Should reach around 180mph/290km/h before corner 1.

Max HP, minimum weight. Racing super soft rear, hard front. No TC.

Usual custom race settings for max payout.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR RUBBER BANDS !

Throttle on the max obviously.

As for the steering though - the car must be steering right enough so it doesn't weer to the left after the slow corner.

Ideally it should exit the slow corner and briefly stop touching the wall and then get back to it - like half a meter from the wall.

Otherwise it will hit the lapped cars and spin.

...nice find, but, you can get those 3.3mils in like two and half hours :)

I don't know about total time, but my laps were mid-high .46 and low .47. I'm only low A DR though, you can do much better probably. Anyway, after few tries, La Ferrari is definitely the only "hard" opponent. I think I passed him on lap 10 or so and then he would pass me on every straight for the next 2-3 laps. I got away eventually, but I can see some lower rated players struggle with it.
Uhm, I don't race on Sport Mode anymore and I don't want to say anything but I get high .45-low .46 times and I'm DR B. I pass the LaFerrari on lap 8/9

...nice find, but, you can get those 3.3mils in like two and half hours :)

I have an hour a day to play and sometimes it's not going to be GTS. And when it is - it's not going be grinding with X-Bow. This is hands free and I want to be stashed before the update drops.

Back