Fastest XP/Credit Farming Setup

@uMayBeSeated time for an update on the settings mate. The 250 GTO means I'll be going back to good ol' BMB but the new tyre model made the XBOW understeery on your old settings. Still easy enough to win, but not as comfortable to drive in long runs. I'll be patiently waiting :)

@uMayBeSeated time for an update on the settings mate. The 250 GTO means I'll be going back to good ol' BMB but the new tyre model made the XBOW understeery on your old settings. Still easy enough to win, but not as comfortable to drive in long runs. I'll be patiently waiting :)

I will play around with it tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder.

I’m hoping the update made the AI suck even more so I can find an N200 to stomp them with.

I will play around with it tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder.

I’m hoping the update made the AI suck even more so I can find an N200 to stomp them with.

Yeah, I was happily grinding away Saturday with a X-bow tune done by TeamShmo. After the update I can’t even finish one lap with out spinning out.

I tried quickly with my X bow, I can't go through the last corner without spinning, even with a crazily understeering setup...

I didn't try the GT40 yet. Is it still doable with it? Any other N300 / N200 car?

And just one question: can we use the SRT Tomahawk steet version to farm millage points quicker? For my main issue is milage points, not really money. Though I don't have all the 20m Cr cars yet.

After a few month not playing this game. I just used @uMayBeSeated XBOW tune using my wheel but with my own gearbox, I found his tune no different but a bit slower in lap times most likely due to the tyre model.

Hey @fastone371 I can still get in the very high 45s with uMaYBeSeated tune, but I can not get any low 45s due to the tyre model change.

I was doing the race a few month ago, I was getting in the low 45s with slip steaming using my wheel.

Do you remember who's tune up you were using? I had 1 tune up that had that car lowered all the way, I raised it up slightly and it drove much better, I can hit a high 46 by myself but even drafting cant get more than low
After a few month not playing this game. I just used @uMayBeSeated XBOW tune using my wheel but with my own gearbox, I found his tune no different but a bit slower in lap times most likely due to the tyre model.

Hey @fastone371 I can still get in the very high 45s with uMaYBeSeated tune, but I can not get any low 45s due to the tyre model change.

I tried today for the first time since the update, I spent 45 minutes confused and changing tune up until I remembered the tire model change. :dunce::dunce::dunce::banghead::banghead: I push in #1 and way, way loose in #3. I ran someones tune slightly modified but never saved it so I am really lost right now. I will have to try some tunes. i know that whatever I ended up with on my tune was RSS rear and RH front. I prefer to drive with no aids and ABS on weak.

I made my own setup for this on the xbow after the tyre fix. It's stable but probably needs more work for faster times. Does 47 and 48s. Might look at gearing again also.

I made my own setup for this on the xbow after the tyre fix. It's stable but probably needs more work for faster times. Does 47 and 48s. Might look at gearing again also.

I started over on my N300 X-Bow too, I am only able to get mid 48's so I need to find some more speed. The problem I am having is that the car has a bad push in T1, I am a full second slow at the first timing line, occasionally I can hit 16.8, before I was always 16.0 with occasional 15.8's. Then the car is horribly loose in T3, I am tapping the brake throttle off then I start picking up the gas when the car downshifts, using auto trans. I come off the corner at a turtle like speed of 140 MPH, I used to exit at 154 MPH. I don't use any aids except ABS weak. Feel free to share your tune please. :cheers:

PD=FAIL !!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Try as they might to keep us from farming credits and XP it is still possible to win with X-Bow at N300. I did not pass the Veyron until last lap T3 but it is still a win and under powered car/clean race bonus. I used to get the lead on L9 so it's a little worrisome watching the laps tick by while gaining very slowly. You really have to watch out for the other cars in the turns now, especially T1 because the corner speeds (at least mine) are so much lower that you spend more time next to the car you are passing. I always, always pass on the outside, I had one car drive into the drivers door of my car and push me into the wall exiting T1 but I still got the clean race bonus because I did not cause collision. Apparently the AI cars drive their usual line regardless of who is there.

Do you remember who's tune up you were using? I had 1 tune up that had that car lowered all the way, I raised it up slightly and it drove much better, I can hit a high 46 by myself but even drafting cant get more than low

I tried today for the first time since the update, I spent 45 minutes confused and changing tune up until I remembered the tire model change. :dunce::dunce::dunce::banghead::banghead: I push in #1 and way, way loose in #3. I ran someones tune slightly modified but never saved it so I am really lost right now. I will have to try some tunes. i know that whatever I ended up with on my tune was RSS rear and RH front. I prefer to drive with no aids and ABS on weak.
@uMayBeSeated tune I used a few months ago I was doing the low 45s with slipstream, now after the update the first time with the tyre model change, and no change to his XBow tune, I can only get a lap time in the high 45s.

Are you using a wheel or DS4

@uMayBeSeated tune I used a few months ago I was doing the low 45s with slipstream, now after the update the first time with the tyre model change, and no change to his XBow tune, I can only get a lap time in the high 45s.

Are you using a wheel or DS4

Wheel, Fanatec CSL with V3 load cell brake

While we're waiting for the new tune, I found that changing the rear tyres to Racing Soft instead of RSS helps with the understeer in Turn 1, without worsening the oversteer too much in Turn 3. It's still not as fast or consistent as the old physics, but lap times are consistently in high 45s now instead of low 46s.

I tried changing fronts to Racing Mediums instead of RH, and while it helps with understeer, it's too unstable in Turn 3. I think this further supports the hypothesis that all the new physics does is basically just adding rear tyre grip.

The tire model change took what little fun there was in grinding Blue Moon away imo. I'm stuck in the 46s now and wish there was a better way to make money / do my daily workout.

While we're waiting for the new tune, I found that changing the rear tyres to Racing Soft instead of RSS helps with the understeer in Turn 1, without worsening the oversteer too much in Turn 3. It's still not as fast or consistent as the old physics, but lap times are consistently in high 45s now instead of low 46s.

I tried changing fronts to Racing Mediums instead of RH, and while it helps with understeer, it's too unstable in Turn 3. I think this further supports the hypothesis that all the new physics does is basically just adding rear tyre grip.
I've done 45.2 since the update. Passing cars on T3 is when the car gets unstable so I'd say the lack of grip off the racing line is coming into play

I don't change the tranny settings because I can't stand the tranny whining sound. Plus the stock tune doesn't seem to limit you in anyway besides.

The rest of the settings are helpful though. Thanks.

I love the Blue moon /xbow for farming credits, but for the life of me I never get a clean race, been doing it for weeks now every day Lol, got 9 laps in today coming out of T2 of all places and nicked the wall, its just me ...no discipline.

I love the Blue moon /xbow for farming credits, but for the life of me I never get a clean race, been doing it for weeks now every day Lol, got 9 laps in today coming out of T2 of all places and nicked the wall, its just me ...no discipline.
To get the clean race bonus, do not try too hard in the race or you are going to make a mistake or two.

I've done 45.2 since the update. Passing cars on T3 is when the car gets unstable so I'd say the lack of grip off the racing line is coming into play

You went 45.2 on the new tire model?? I SUCK!!!!! I cant go any faster than 48's right now on my set up, can still win with the clean race bonus but I dont get the lead till lap 15. I am 12-14 MPH slow coming out of 3 right now, thats killing me. I was 47 by myself on the old tire model with a best of 45.2, was trying forever to go in the 44's but never got it. My car drove so nice I was able to race at 100% every lap, T1 there was nothing you could do to make it spin, it would just slide up if you were too fast and T3 was wide open with a nice smooth arc. Care to sure your set up?? No aids right??

I'm still using OP's tune. I've only done the race a handful of times since the update. Most laps are 45.7-46.1. I've only gone below .5 three times. Everything has to line up perfectly. Full tows when lapping the faster cars (P6-8?) so they give space going into the corners.

Edit No aids except ABS.

If I nail each of the corners I can still get the same exit speed as before. I tend to have a spin at some stage though.

Last edited:
Adding 0.2 to rear camber helps stability in Turn 3 a little bit. Turn 1 I'm actually taking it faster and smoother than pre update now. The biggest issue is keeping flat in Turn 3. It's just not happening. Either I scrub off too much speed or the rear end breaks loose. To add insult to injury, I think the leading cars are faster now. I'm struggling to pass the LaF before lap 9, whereas before if I'm on point I can catch up to it early lap 8...

New tune can't come soon enough.

I wonder If you can tune up one of the new Kei cars to do it?

edit: Derp, I forgot the car needs to be worth enough to enter

Last edited:
Finally with the 1.25 update we have an alternative race which I find much less boring than the Blue Moon race. The Nostalgic 1979 Race 2 around Le Mans without the chicane (Professional League). I have used a maxed out Ferrari 330 on RS tires (RSS is not allowed). My results are below which i believe can be easily beaten.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180831145136.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180831145149.jpg

So 240,000 Cr. per 6.83 minutes makes more than 2.1 million Cr. per hour. Be careful not to cut the track limits because it seems to void the clean race bonus. Happy farming!

alp
Be careful not to cut the track limits because it seems to void the clean race bonus.

You are absolutely correct on this. There is nothing to show you those limits and no warnings during this race so I'm not sure how lenient those track limits are but if you definitely cut the track then no clean race bonus for you.

You are absolutely correct on this. There is nothing to show you those limits and no warnings during this race so I'm not sure how lenient those track limits are but if you definitely cut the track then no clean race bonus for you.

Be extra careful at Indianapolis to Arnage. The invisible track limits are quite strict in that section. For the rest simply stay within the white lines to be sure.

After reading all the posts, and tuning my x-bow accordingly (with a few minor changes) and only abs on, I was able to get lap times down in the low 43.xxx's! Overall time I believe if I'm not mistaken was 11:38!! Such a fun race to try to push the limits of how fast you can go while still getting a clean race bonus! Will try again tonight and post pics!

alp
Finally with the 1.25 update we have an alternative race which I find much less boring than the Blue Moon race. The Nostalgic 1979 Race 2 around Le Mans without the chicane (Professional League). I have used a maxed out Ferrari 330 on RS tires (RSS is not allowed). My results are below which i believe can be easily beaten.

View attachment 762782 View attachment 762783

So 240,000 Cr. per 6.83 minutes makes more than 2.1 million Cr. per hour. Be careful not to cut the track limits because it seems to void the clean race bonus. Happy farming!

I really need to get one of those 20 million credit cars... Just gotta rack up that $$ on blue moon bay for now

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading all the posts, and tuning my x-bow accordingly (with a few minor changes) and only abs on, I was able to get lap times down in the low 43.xxx's! Overall time I believe if I'm not mistaken was 11:38!! Such a fun race to try to push the limits of how fast you can go while still getting a clean race bonus! Will try again tonight and post pics!
Think you mean low 46s if that was your final time. 43s weren't possible even before the tire model change.

Need to be very careful with the track limits at Tetre Rouge and then Indianpolis all the way through to the Ford chicanes with the new method. I also use a fully tuned 330 P4 as Sven Jurgens mentioned. Also need to be wary of slower cars through the Dunlop curves on the first lap as it is easy to career into the back of them when they brake mid-corner (!)

It has definitely got to be more exciting than doing that blasted oval race over and over again. I've already bought the 250 GTO with the new method! Next up for me is the Daytona Cobra Coupé.

I have heard of people rubber banding overnight with the KTM X-Bow R against GT4 opponents on Blue Moon Bay but I can't get it to work for me. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction. Then we can make money whilst we are away from the console too. :D

Last edited:
Think you mean low 46s if that was your final time. 43s weren't possible even before the tire model change.
I'm almost positive my FL was in the 43's. My avg was in the high 45's for the race if I remember correctly... Again, I will try to Re race tonight and post pics!

Need to be very careful with the track limits at Tetre Rouge and then Indianpolis all the way though to the Ford chicanes with the new method. I also use a fully tuned 330 P4 as Sven Jurgens mentioned. Also need to be wary of slower cars through the Dunlop curves on the first lap as it is easy to career into the back of them when they brake mid-corner (!)

It has definitely got to be more exciting than doing that blasted oval race over and over again. I've already bought the 250 GTO with the new method! Next up for me is the Daytona Cobra Coupé.

I have heard of people rubber banding overnight with the KTM X-Bow against GT4 opponents on Blue Moon Bay but I can't get it to work for me. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction. Then we can make money whilst we are away from the console too. :D
I hadn't heard them doing it in the x-bow. But the tomahawk absolutely!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't heard them doing it in the x-bow. But the tomahawk absolutely!

Interesting... I assume you mean the Tomahawk X with nearly 2700hp? That would definitely make more sense! I'll have a search of the forums as I can't seem to get any rubber banding to work for me at the moment. 👍

Latest Posts

Back