Favorite car to drive in GT2

• Thread starter Randy
  • 607 comments
You are right Drifta.I used to dirt track race a little and there is nothing like trading paint with another car and wondering what he will do next.

I like my cerbera LM , she,s just plain bad with class. lol.  She can run with the big boys like the GT 1, & altezza, the tt, and zexels.  Basically all except the suzuki ,and that ain,t a road car and the hp is far from competitve

I didn't really like it much either. I was always a Supra GT fan myself, they have 686hp and are pure speed. Supra is probally my favorite non-hybrid in the game. Any MKIV Supra is fine by me.

FAVE CAR: Weigert Vector W8 Twin-Turbo
FAVE HYBRID: CLK DTM? Does that count as hybrid? I got it off spanky.

Well, I have a list of favorites.  I dont think that you all would want to see it.  
My overall favorites for appearance and best overall everything would be:
Altezza LM edition
Jaguar xts
Audi TT LM edition (sweet)
Honda Civic Dx (my first car modified in the game and definitely a fave)
Unisia Jec Skyline

There are many others, but Im most loyal to these cars.  

If i had only one pick i`d have to pick the 97 camaro.It`s not a way out dreamcar type,it has decent hp and handles sweet for my style.
    Or maybe the z-1 corvette .......or maybe the........oops sorry i forgot i did say one pick!

If i had only one pick i`d have to pick the 97 camaro.It`s not a way out dreamcar type,it has decent hp and handles sweet for my style.
    Or maybe the z-1 corvette .......or maybe the........oops sorry i forgot i did say one pick!

Hey ,True & Evo , The fact that the cerbera is not to your style is great , I look forward to racing you , you in yours and me in my cerbera . cheshire grin

My favourite GT2 car would have to be the hybrid coldfire of Thunder Road Racing built for me for the online series GTXR-3.

The car won it`s class, since then a few extra hp has been added, bringing it up to 646hp and can take it up to the big boys with no probs at all..

R-390-1.jpg

My fav non-hybrid car would have to be the MItsubiti FTO LM. or One of the Toyota GT-Ones.
My fav hybrid car would be my Renault Espace. 8000h.p. and weighs 2222lbs. It may be big and bulky but it flies and turns with no problems. and I hybrided a FTO LM just to make it a second faster. Added 50h.p and knocked about 150lbs of the weight. Now it does what ever i want it to.

Easy, Ford GT40. That is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. There are other cars Im better in, but that is the first car in the game that I REALLY enjoyed driving. The only thing is, I dont think I could choose between the regular one and the Gulf racing version. I love em both.

Mister roboto, let me tell you something..... or sk you soemthing..... Have you ever played a game so much that no matter hat you do with it, it's still boring? Well, before I started using gameshark, I was gonna sell my gt2. Then gameshark opened a whole new gt2 for me and it hasn't gotten boring and it's been about 1 year.

Same here.  GT2 was done and over with a month or so after I got it, beaten up to whatever percent you could finish in 1.0, around 96.5% (I could be wrong about that number)

So it just sat on the shelf for about 2 months.  You can't really do much with a racing game after you complete it and try out every part of it.  

Then one day as I was looking at a few gaming messageboards, I saw someone mention hybrids.  That's how I got my start in hybrid building.  

And if you think we use hybrids to cheat, you're wrong.  Only people who are pathetic losers use hybrids just to beat the A.I. racers, unless the hybrid cars are the same class as the other cars.  Some of us use them for online races that allow hybrid cars.  Some of us who aren't good enough to compete in the online races (like me, for the most part.  I'm good enough to win the races in GT2, but not good enough to compete with most of the online racers around) just build them for online races or our own enjoyment and help other people learn how to do it themselves.

And another thing, many of us have gotten so good that we can win races in GT2 with hugely underpowered cars.  So some have found ways to race against hybrid cars, making the races that much tougher.

I had yet to see a racing game keep anyone's interest more than a few months after it was released, but that changed when I started playing the GT series.  The hybrids you can make in these games have given them new life.  I know people who still play GT1 every day, just because of the hybrids they can make.

And another thing, have you ever wanted to drive a car in GT2, but the developers had only included a low powered piece of crap excuse? (kinda like the 'cuda they put in there...too underpowered, that doesn't live up to the 'cudas reputation)  Well, with the right code, you can slap in that 426 Hemi engine that they should have put in that 'cuda, and you finally have a car worthy of the 'cuda name.

(Edited by skynyrd at 11:44 pm on July 30, 2001)

I love the GT40s and the Racing Vipers (oreca, STP, GTS-R), and also the Speed 12 with super soft tires and no adjustments at all.  Which reminds me, I also love the fully modded 427 Cobra, with super soft tires.  

Also the GT90, the 155 Touring Car, the 300zx GT racing car...

(Edited by skynyrd at 5:51 pm on July 31, 2001)

Camaro Z28, I have gotten mine up to 225.64 MPH.  Not bad for a 23k car eh?  On the test coarse also...  I have gotten the escudo up to 250.42 not much of a difference for 1.8 million dollars less!  Woo CAMAROS ROOL!

Back