Favorite quotes

Did Frankenstein’s monster have a name though?
When speaking to its creator it did say "I am thy creature: I ought to be thy Adam, but I am rather the fallen angel, whom thou drivest from joy for no misdeed," but Shelley never specified a name for it.

When speaking to its creator it did say "I am thy creature: I ought to be thy Adam, but I am rather the fallen angel, whom thou drivest from joy for no misdeed," but Shelley never specified a name for it.
Milton? Hermann?

"What are you doing?"

- Question to MacGyver asked in bewilderment, shock, consternation, surprise, irritation, or similar emotion by one or another of the other characters in various episodes.
MacGyver TV Series.

James - "Quite frankly everyone else has an interest to sent you to the electric chair."
Rudolf - "Alright."
"..."
James - "You don't seem alarmed."
"..."
Rudolf - "Would it help?"

Bridge of Spies

James - "Quite frankly everyone else has an interest to sent you to the electric chair."
Rudolf - "Alright."
"..."
James - "You don't seem alarmed."
"..."
Rudolf - "Would it help?"

Bridge of Spies

Rudolf has a very good point 👍

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not living"

Not sure where it came from. I like to believe I made it up (circa 2005) as I don't remember reading it anywhere but I'm just as sure it was coined long before my time.

Left of Mel's face.

51WhM9qfycL.jpg

When you're pointing the finger at someone, you're only pointing three back at yourself.

Saw this on Faceache today and liked it:

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

Winston Churchill

“Let me get this right: The ice caps are melting, a movie where a girl goes all the way with a fish wins Best Picture, and that damn fool idjit from The Apprentice is president… And you call where we come from Apocalypse World?”

- Bobby, Supernatural S13E23

Now that I have finished Nineteen Eighty-Four, I do particularly love the scene in the book with the simple:

We are the dead

It speaks volumes about the hopelessness demonstrated by the two main protagonists; that whatever they try to do to buck the system and pursue their independence, they will only end up dead... or worse.

Back