Favorite quotes

"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person." - John Green, Paper Towns.

One of my favorite Motorsport-Qoutes of all Times....
"Timo, schieb ihn raus!!!" :-D

English: "Timo, push him off!"
Source:

“I find myself regarding existence as though from beyond the tomb, from another world; all is strange to me; I am, as it were, outside my own body and individuality; I am depersonalized, detached, cut adrift. Is this madness?” Henri Frédéric Amiel - The Journal Intime (1882).

VBR
“I find myself regarding existence as though from beyond the tomb, from another world; all is strange to me; I am, as it were, outside my own body and individuality; I am depersonalized, detached, cut adrift. Is this madness?” Henri Frédéric Amiel - The Journal Intime (1882).

maxresdefault.jpg

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

'And there's that moment when you're sitting there and the scale of it hits you. The NSA is really tracking every cell phone in the world. No matter who you are, every day of your life, you're sitting in a database just... ready to be looked at.

Not just terrorists or countries or corporations...
but you.'

Snowden

Both from Mythbusters:

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage
"When in doubt, C-4." - Jamie Hyneman

Anyone can achieve their fullest potential, who we are might be predetermined, but the path we follow is always of our own choosing. We should never allow our fears or the expectations of others to set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny can't be changed but, it can be challenged. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one. -McGee

VBR
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli.
"You know how the title came about--Disraeli Gears--yeah? We had this Austin Westminster, and Mick Turner was one of the roadies who'd been with me a long time, and he was driving along and Eric was talking about getting a racing bicycle. Mick, driving, went "Oh yeah, Disraeli gears!"--meaning derailleur gears--we all just fell over. We said that's got to be the album title."

--Ginger Baker

I like Vegas. My wife, too. We both like Vegas, you know.
Yeah, my wife likes to play the slots and I like to play the sluts, you know.
So it works out good for everybody, you know.

-Rodney Dangerfield

"When I want to read a good book, I write one." - Benjamin Disraeli.

"If it weren't for pick pockets I'd have no sex life at all." - Rodney Dangerfield.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.

"...a very fundamental part of my soul is to doubt and to ask."

"I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I'm not absolutely sure of anything..."

- Richard P. Feynman

Last edited:
Back