Favorite quotes

I like these (and try to live by them and remember them):

"The Best Prize Life Has To Offer Is Working Hard, And Work Worth Doing" - President Roosevelt

"As We Express Gratitude, We Must Never Forget That The Highest Appreciation Is Not To Utter Words, But To Live By Them" - President Kennedy

"When You Believe In Something, Believe In It All The Way, Implicitly And Unquestionable" - Walt Disney

"Try Not To Become A Man Of Success, But Rather A Man Of Value", "I Have No Special Talent, I am Only Passionately Curious" - Professor Einstein

"It Does Not Matter How Slowly You Go, As Long As You Do Not Stop" - Confucius

"By Failing To Prepare, You Are Preparing To Fail" - Benjamin Franklin

"A Strong Man Is Not The One Who Is Strong At Wrestling, But The One Who Controls Himself In Times Of Anger" - Prophet Muhammad

"The Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn" - Unknown

"People Who Boast About Their IQ are Losers" - Professor Hawking

"You're Only Given A Little Spark Of Madness. Don't Lose It" - Robin Williams

"There Is The Wisdom Of The Head, And A Wisdom Of The Heart" - Charles Dickens

"Fool Me Once, Shame On You. Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me" - Chinese Proverb

"The Best Way To Cheer Yourself Up Is To Try To Cheer Someone Else Up" - Mark Twain

"Believing Oneself To Be Perfect Is Often The Sign Of A Delusional Mind" - Cmdr Data, Star Trek

"Knowledge Will Give You Power, But Character Respect" - Bruce Lee

And Quotes I really Like:

"I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life less so. Some say it has yet to appear on the Planet Earth" - Professor Hawking

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

"Politics is so personal, vicious and immediate. How are you going to get anything done?" - Robin Williams

"I love that feeling of being in love, the effect of having butterflies when you wake up in the morning. That is special" - Jennifer Aniston

"A Matter Of National Security - The age old cry of the oppressor", "No being is so important that he can usurp the rights of another" - Capt Jean Luc Picard, Star Trek

"All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust" - Peter Pan

"Any day spent with you is my favourite day. So, today is my new favourite day" - Pooh Bear

And A few of my own:

"Grow Responsible, But Never Grow Up"
"Sometimes those that are best of heart find it the hardest to fit in in a world that lives without morals"
"Sometimes the right type of love, as much as it hurts, is the love that let's go"

Last edited:
Frazier and Ali before and after the Thrilla in Manilla.

Ali: "Joe Frazier should give his face to the Wildlife Fund. He's so ugly, blind men go the other way. Ugly! Ugly! Ugly! He not only looks bad, you can smell him in another country! What will the people of Manila think? That black brothers are animals. Ignorant. Stupid. Ugly and smelly."

Ali: "He's the other type Negro, he's not like me," Ali shouts to the now stunned white interviewer. "There are two types of slaves, Joe Frazier's worse than you to me … That's what I mean when I say Uncle Tom, I mean he's a brother, one day he might be like me, but for now he works for the enemy"

Frazier: "I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want."

Ali won the fight after Frazier was retired by his corner with one round remaining.

Ali: "It was like death. Closest thing to dyin' that I know of."

Frazier: "He shook me in Manila. We were gladiators. I didn't ask no favours of him and he didn't ask none of me. I don't like him but I gotta say, in the ring, he was a man. In Manila, I hit him punches, those punches, they'd have knocked a building down. And he took 'em. He took 'em and he came back, and I got to respect that part of the man. But I sent him home worse than he came. He was the one who spoke about being nearly dead in Manila, not me."

Ali: "We went to Manila as champions, Joe and me, and we came back as old men."

Ali: "I heard somethin' once. When somebody asked a marathon runner what goes through his mind in the last mile or two, he said that you ask yourself, 'Why am I doin' this?' You get so tired. It takes so much out of you mentally. It changes you. It makes you go a little insane. I was thinkin' that at the end. Why am I doin' this? What am I doin' in here against this beast of a man? It's so painful. I must be crazy. I always bring out the best in the men I fight, but Joe Frazier, I'll tell the world right now, brings out the best in me. I'm gonna tell ya, that's one helluva man, and God bless him."

Frazier: "If we were twins in the belly of our mama, I'd reach over and strangle him."

Frazier: "Ali would not be Ali unless I had come along. Him and me had three fights," Joe says. "He won two of them, I won one. But if you look at him now, you can see who won them all. Me!"

Frazier: "Why did he say the things he said? Only he has the answer to that, and I would prefer not to comment on it. He just seemed to have a bad word for everybody. It was just foolishness."

Ali: "I'm sorry Joe Frazier is mad at me. I'm sorry I hurt him. Joe Frazier is a good man, and I couldn't have done what I did without him, and he couldn't have done what he did without me. And if God ever calls me to a holy war, I want Joe Frazier fighting beside me. "

Frazier: "I hated Ali. God might not like me talking that way, but it's in my heart. I know things would have been different for me if he hadn't been around. I'd have gotten a lot more respect. I'd have had more appreciation from my own kind. Twenty years I've been fighting Ali, and I still want to take him apart piece by piece and send him back to Jesus."

Frazier: "The Butterfly and me have been through some ups and downs and there have been lots of emotions, many of them bad. But I have forgiven him. I had to. You cannot hold out for ever. There were bruises in my heart because of the words he used. I spent years dreaming about him and wanting to hurt him. But you have got to throw that stick out of the window. Do not forget that we needed each other, to produce some of the greatest fights of all time."

Ali: "I said a lot of things in the heat of the moment that I shouldn't have said. Called him names I shouldn't have called him. I apologise for that. I'm sorry. It was all meant to promote the fight."

Frazier: "Look at him now. He's damaged goods. I know it; you know it. Everyone knows it; they just don't want to say. God has shut him down. He can't talk no more because he was saying the wrong things. He was always making fun of me. I'm the dummy, I'm the one getting hit in the head. Tell me now. Him or me, which one talks worse now? He can't talk no more and he still tries to make noise. I don't care how the world looks at him. I see him different, and I know him better than anyone. Manila don't matter no more. He's finished, and I'm still here."

My favourite quotes - Ordered by character or person

Layout:
Quotee (TV Show, Videogame or what they are known for

Quote - Where quote is from (TV episode, video game mission, etc.)

Trevor Phillips (GTAV)
You can't hustle a hustler! - Hood Safari
You wanna be a greedy ******* cow, huh? no.. - Hood Safari
The guns and crank in this area go through Trevor Phillip Enterprises or they ain't goin! - Mr. Phillips

Homer Simpson (The Simspons)

Beer is the source of, and solution to, all of lifes problems. - Unknown
D'oh! - Every Simpsons episode ever
Flanders! - Every episode with Flanders in it

Richard Castle (Castle)

A secret society of Santa's, who are the guardians of time. - Season 5 Christmas Special
Who was murdered and was it gruesome? - Season 1 Episode 6
The actual DVD will not kill me Esposito. It will be the spirit inside the DVD. Just like in the ring - Season 5 Episode 17
Hey, I'm a wiseass, not a jackass - Season 1 Episode 6

One of my life's mottos:

"Work smart, not hard." - unknown.

I live by that.

Also one of my favourite movie quotes:

Who's motorcycle is this?
It's not a motorcycle it's a chopper, baby.
Ok, so who's chopper is this?
It's Zed's.
Who's Zed?
Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

Haha . . . thanks for taking the bait; you won me the bet. ;)

IMG_4087_zps3b9d5acf.jpg

Talking about humourous quotations . . . should I just open the book and slam my finger down?

Okay:

"Predictions can be very difficult--especially about the future." - Niels Bohr.

Hmmm..... not very humourous. I'll try again:

"Never miss a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal.

Hmm.

Try again:

"The truth is rarely pure, and never simple." - Oscar Wilde.

Who are these people - there's nothing humourous in this book. :grumpy:

"Simplicity is not the goal. It is the by-product of a good idea and modest expectations." - Paul Rand

Something I try to keep in mind on a regular basis.

"If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer Simpson

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.” - Groucho Marx

I believe that if life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find somebody whose life has vodka, then have a party - Ron White

Nothing is Impossible. The word itself says "I'm possible!" - Audrey Hepburn

A day without sunshine is, like, night. - Steve Martin

Weather forecast for tonight: Dark - George Carlin

"I carry in my ears the most marvelous music that, to me, is the word of the argentine people." - Juan Domingo Perón, three-time president of Argentina.

"The wrong kind of guy to fall in love with is the guy who will let go the steering wheel as a joke--the kind of man that makes you grab the wheel for a second. That's just the kind of thing that the wrong guy does. Oh, and that's not supposed to be a metaphor. A guy who finds it amusing to make you feel uncomfortable--which is more common than you'd think--is someone you want to avoid."
Anna Kendrick - in an interview with Elio Iannacci.​

Some of my favourite NERDCUBED quotes!

Rule Number 1: Don't blow up the ****!

It's all gone wrong!

Everyone who goes skiing ends up dead. That's real. That's science

Nazis were filled with jam. That's a history fact.

Don't hesitate, relocate. That was an advert for Nazi Germany.

Who builds a jetpack to not use it? No one. There's no, like, jetpack Nazis

Last edited:
"It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere." -Keith Richards

"The weakest link in the chain is also the strongest. It can break the chain." -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Last edited:
First of all, the two from my signature, don't think it will change, but you never know, so here they are :

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow - Keith Tanner
When everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Some others now :

Peu importe le flocon, pourvu qu'on ait l'ivresse ! - Jean Ragnotti
>>> This comes from a French saying : "Peu importe le flacon, pourvu qu'on ait l'ivresse" >>> "No matter the flask, as long as you have the thrill". It was at the Monte Carlo rally, and he just threw that phrase, only changing "flask" with "snow flake".

I would buy a car capable of 300 kph only if I know the owner's driving style : seriously, you think it would be reasonable to buy a 911 from Jacques Laffitte, for instance... - Jean Ragnotti

It was the first race of that car, it has been built in less than 3 months. We did a few practice sessions, but as it was the first race, we had no clue about how it would be going, and after the first free practice, we saw the car was really fast. So, without thinking about reliability and the race's length, I promised myself that if the car made it to the end, I would do a 360 on the finish line. So [...] on the two practice sessions, I spent the last 15 minutes not trying to set up the suspension, the brakes or the engine with the engineers, but we spent the last 15 minutes trying to make the e-brake work [...] - Jean Ragnotti (video in French below)

We're not Kennedys, we're not going to let ourselves be shot ! - One of my brother's friend.

So if you want my address it's number one at the end of the bar Where I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars - Fish in Sugar Mice by Marillion

Back