Favourite cars in GT5!

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 921 comments
Stumbled over a little something in the used car dealership today. It had 17 000 kilometers on the odometer and a cheap price tag. Overhauled the engine and restored the body before I took it for a spin around Nordschleife in one of the track day lobbies and ended up doing 10 laps. Such an amazing machine!

I'm talking about the Peugeot 106 S16 '03. Just brilliant!

I've got a few;

03' BMW M3 GTR in Carbonschwarz Metallic @ 500PP
04' Honda Civic Type-R in Championship White @ 400PP
03' VW Golf R32 in NERO TENEBRE @ 450PP

Road cars - Ford GT, Ferrari F430, Nissan GT-R Black Edition

Classics - Ford GT40 Race Car '69 and the Lamborghini Miura

Race Cars - Honda HSV is fun

Last edited:
Updated my garage. I bought cars from the original 10 manufacturers in Gran Turismo. And added my stealth and new manufacturers as my favourites.

Absolute favourite is the SLS AMG Stealth Model.

Other favourites: original manufacturers(not the original cars) from GT1
'10 Vantage
'14 Stingray
'08 Challenger
Stealth Honda NSX GT500
Stealth Mazda 787B
'07 EVO X
Stealth Nissan GT-R GT500
'10 STI
'11 FT-86 II Concept
'02 Tamora

New manufacturer favourites:
8C, F430 '06, Evora, C63, 270R, Gathers Civic, 2000GT and the rest are from the Chromeline package

That's my whole garage

Acura NSX '91

nsx2.gif

RE Amemiya FD3S

Mine is this the Lamborghini Aventador at the moment
I love the flames!
Also the "69 Ford GT40 race car
I love it!

For 625+PP I adore my Stealth GT-R GT500, not only does it have the great quirks the Stealth cars give but I think it's one of the nicest sounding cars to race with. The tune I use from these forums with it, has given it such great balance that I only have the ABS set to 1 as all the other driving aids are just not required.

When it comes to LMP cars I love to drive the Mercedes GTR. I think it's such a cool looking car and even though it's not as fast or popular as it's fierce rival the Toyota GT-One (another LMP car I adore) I still love to drive it and I find it's more forgiving than most of the other LMP cars (Only the Audi R8 is more noob friendly to drive IMO).

Recently I've started racing at the 500PP level and I've been using the Subaru BRZ, with the AMG Matt Black/Silver paint and white Ray Volks 6 spoke wheels. I think it looks the nuts and again just has great balance. At this PP that car is producing about the same bhp my Impreza P1 does (around 330bhp) and feels so much like my Impreza, even though it's a RWD and the Impreza is a 60/40 rear bias AWD car! The other car I love to drive at this PP level is the Spoon S2000 Race Car, again I love the look of the car and it's just so silky smooth with the power delivery and my god it's one of the best balanced cars in the game.

At the 550 area, I have really struggled to find a car that beats the NSX Type-R 02. The car has the same traits as the other cars I have listed, as in it has such brilliant balance and really gives me confidence to push in the car. I have mine to look like Keiichi Tsuchiya's :)

Finally a recent discovery for me was the Amuse Carbon R R34. At top PP it's a fraction under 600pp but the thing is so crazy fast and it really looks menacing. Like the BRZ I have the Rays Volks 6 spoke wheels in white.

The Honda NSX Type R '92 is amazing it drives really well and it looks beautiful.

Its cool because its rare, I have a few of these.

Unfortunately it doesnt handle anywhere NEAR as good as the '02. Which I consider a cheater-car for its PP. It definitely has secret downforce or something ...

Its a shame

Oh god so many cool cars to choose from. If I could only have one? Probably my 800+hp Chevelle SS '70. Amazing for drifting and not bad for racing. A bit of a boat however. A good challenge for sure.

Otherwise gotta love the R35 TC, FR-S, Corvette Grand Sport, Z28 RM, Audi TT-R Touring Car, Charger Super Bee, and the classic ZZII. The classic race cars are a hoot to drive as well.

As for everyone going on about the Lamborghini's and Vipers, I personally think you are all crazy. Even with a good tune these cars just never felt right to be. Also unless it's a classic Viper or Miura I think most of them are ugly too. Let the flame war begin!!! ;)

I'll admit the '08 viper is not a classic (yet) but even in real life it has great track times. It was faster (and a lot cheaper) than the Ferrari 458 in Car & Driver's lightning lap time trial.

I'll admit the '08 viper is not a classic (yet) but even in real life it has great track times. It was faster (and a lot cheaper) than the Ferrari 458 in Car & Driver's lightning lap time trial.

Maybe if the track was just a straight line, and if the Viper was the ACR.

The viper has a, what? 8.3L Engine? And the Ferrari has a 4.6L engine, yet despite that their power levels are very similar.

I have several favorites that vary far and wide but I have to say that the car I enjoy driving the most, the one that gives me most pleasure, is the Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce.

Aside from the fact that this car was modeled very well (in how it runs), it is beautiful (especially in Bianco Isis & Nero Aldebaran), is a well balanced machine on the circuit, is an excellent workhorse for several expert events, and to top it off with a ripe cherry, it has one of the more beautiful and realistic sounds of all the cars in the line-up (stock muffler extremely necessary!). It gives you that inexplicable satisfaction when you get on the throttle and push its finely tuned V12 to redline.

Add a torque sensing differential set to 10/90 F/R distribution and you have a machine that will demand skill and reward you with pure pleasure as you finesse this noble beast to the fine lines of the limit.

I agree with you man! But I gave my Lamborghini a polarized paint (grey and red), and it is down right sexy. Trust me, it's the best suited paint on a Lambo other than a nice pearl white (my preferred stock color option and my opinion). :D

Of course, the E46 BMWs! The CSL and M3 GTR... my M3 GTR had Laguna Seca Blau as a color (i believe that is the right name), and my CSL sported a white pearlescent color.

Besides those, the Gallardo finished in a beautiful Matte gray and the Mercedes SL600 :)

Beginning to absolutely adore the Mazda RX7 TC. Stock I managed a 6:30 on Nordschleife on RH tires. Excellent handling and boasts a great top speed as well.

The '07 BMW M3. Love that car, as it is one of my favorite cars in real life. The Maserati GranTurismo S and Aston Martin DB9 are two of my other favorites.

The Jaguar XJ13. I have one in Sterling Silver and on Sports Hards it is simply spiffing to cruise, but also jolly well fast enough to knock the socks off any chap silly enough to duel me in the ridiculous jalopy that they call a car. Long live Britannia, chums!

Back