Feature requests

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xanonymous
  • 25 comments
  • 1,535 views
Messages
65
This would certainly ease the grinding pain a bit and eliminate the frustration of getting the e.g. same MX-5 for the umpteenth time. If you like this idea, please post in this thread. Thanks.
 
Good idea, but I can't imagine anyone getting the same car more than once from that ticket
 
Good idea, but I can't imagine anyone getting the same car more than once from that ticket

Maybe not, but you often end up getting a car you already purchased. I just think it would be nice if the ticket always gave you something new to play with. It shouldn't be too hard to implement for PD, as they have the check marks for owned cars at the dealerships in place, so the garage check is already in there.
 
Maybe not, but you often end up getting a car you already purchased. I just think it would be nice if the ticket always gave you something new to play with. It shouldn't be too hard to implement for PD, as they have the check marks for owned cars at the dealerships in place, so the garage check is already in there.

Oh yeah I forgot about one you already bought
 
Xanonymous
Maybe not, but you often end up getting a car you already purchased. I just think it would be nice if the ticket always gave you something new to play with. It shouldn't be too hard to implement for PD, as they have the check marks for owned cars at the dealerships in place, so the garage check is already in there.

I would definitely appreciate this feature. Nothing is worse than having 3 Veyrons in your garage from tickets when you refused to drive the first one :/

But remember, as I have recently learned, you can always quit and try the ticket again.

Some call it "cheating" (still don't see how).

I call it taking care of what PD didn't.
 
Why can't we add more than 100 cars to our favorites? There's over a thousand(!) cars in the game and I can easily spot more than a hundred nice ones in the official car list. This feature should be very easy for PD to implement and would be a nice little improvement probably welcomed by many. If you like this idea, please post in this thread. Thank you.
 
Xanonymous
Why can't we add more than 100 cars to our favorites? There's over a thousand(!) cars in the game and I can easily spot more than a hundred nice ones in the official car list. This feature should be very easy for PD to implement and would be a nice little improvement probably welcomed by many. If you like this idea, please post in this thread. Thank you.

You're full of good ideas tonight. Go apply at PD.
 
Waiting for a certain car to appear in the UCD can be a real pain, and most of us employ various means (e.g. re-loading Sunday Cup or license tests over and over again) to rotate the UCD. I think a simple "Skip to next day" button in the UCD would go a long way to improve game enjoyment. If you like this idea, please post in this thread. Thank you.
 
I don't understand how anyone could have more than a hundred "favourite" types of a certain thing. Surely, you have only a handful of ice-cream flavours or colours of shirt that you consider to be your "favourites". Or is your brain capable of comparing 100 very different things at once and deciding it likes them all equally and more than the other 900?
 
I would definitely appreciate this feature. Nothing is worse than having 3 Veyrons in your garage from tickets when you refused to drive the first one :/

But remember, as I have recently learned, you can always quit and try the ticket again.

Some call it "cheating" (still don't see how).

I call it taking care of what PD didn't.
Exactly. It's not cheating but a(nother) hassle that could be avoided.
 
The thing is the list itself isn't permanent. Anything that you've chosen as your fave can be unchosen at which point you can choose a new one. By limiting it to 100, PD probably wants the player to put some thought (and therefore effort) into which of the cars in his/her collection are truly the favorite (most-liked, favored, dearest; preferred, chosen, choice). Remember at the end of the day, GT5 will always be a game.
 
I think it's an essential part of the game that you have to "work" for UCD updates. A refresh is a reward. So I don't agree.

Instead of implementing a "skip to next day button", I'd rather just implement a UCD catalogue where you can just scroll through. Otherwise there will be countless rants in the future about having to click that stupid "skip" button like an autistic retard.

But as I said, I believe it will take away an essential and fun element in the game.
 
I don't understand how anyone could have more than a hundred "favourite" types of a certain thing. Surely, you have only a handful of ice-cream flavours or colours of shirt that you consider to be your "favourites". Or is your brain capable of comparing 100 very different things at once and deciding it likes them all equally and more than the other 900?
For example, I have 4 favorite tuning setups each for the BMW M3 GTR, RUF CTR2, and Mercedes SLS AMG - that's a dozen favorite slots already gone with 3 cars. If you start e.g. adding your favorite colors for each car, 100 favorites is not that much. And is there any valid reason against adding this feature?
 
When you've seen the e.g. car wash, oil change, new car etc. animations hundreds of times they tend to become a tedious waste of time. I think an option to press the X button to skip those animations would immensely improve game enjoyment. If you like this idea, please post in this thread. Thank you.
 
Feature request: Take away his "New Thread" button.
 
While I agree there should be more features in the game, some a lot more important than this, did you need to start 3 different threads within 10 minutes to suggest that? No. There are plenty of places already on top of a feedback section.

Edit: 4 threads within 15 minutes. I mean c'mon...really?
 
I see what you mean, but I think even with this feature there would still be enough grinding 'work' in the game for even the most hardcore masochists. :)
 
While I agree there should be more features in the game, some a lot more important than this, did you need to start 3 different threads within 10 minutes to suggest that? No. There are plenty of places already on top of a feedback section.

I only created this ONE thread suggesting this feature.
 
I don't understand how anyone could have more than a hundred "favourite" types of a certain thing. Surely, you have only a handful of ice-cream flavours or colours of shirt that you consider to be your "favourites". Or is your brain capable of comparing 100 very different things at once and deciding it likes them all equally and more than the other 900?

I thought the same as you but once you get to about 300 cars it is difficult especially as there are so many great standards!
 
I only created this ONE thread suggesting this feature.
Correct, but it seems you tourette your features out. Maybe combine them into one or just post in a similar thread.
 
Why can't we add more than 100 cars to our favorites? There's over a thousand(!) cars in the game and I can easily spot more than a hundred nice ones in the official car list. This feature should be very easy for PD to implement and would be a nice little improvement probably welcomed by many. If you like this idea, please post in this thread. Thank you.

Unless you spend loads of time in Arcade mode then making that list bigger is pointless, just can the list and just let you have access to all your cars. I feel that it was limited to 100 cars because of arcade mode, the select screen has to load that small shot of the car and well when your car list gets up there, that will be a heck of a lot of loading. I think they need to use the triggers as page skip when cycling through cars, geez.

Weird thing is when you play online, you have access to your entire garage now. I was confused and surprised by update 1.06...I am enjoying it to, no more having to go favorite a car I forgot to put on the list just to drive it online.
 
I don't understand how anyone could have more than a hundred "favourite" types of a certain thing. Surely, you have only a handful of ice-cream flavours or colours of shirt that you consider to be your "favourites". Or is your brain capable of comparing 100 very different things at once and deciding it likes them all equally and more than the other 900?

Yes, your brain is capable of comparing +100 very different things at once, and more.

Do you play GT4?

Im in for the GT4 garage feature, simple.
 
Merged. You don't a thread for each of your feature requests. They're not that interesting.
 
Merged. You don't a thread for each of your feature requests. They're not that interesting.

I thought it would be nice to have actual thread participation gauge interest in each requested feature. Oh well... guess the new non-descriptive title will kill any potential interest soon enough.
 
I like that the UCD doesn't cycle at my command. It's interesting to visit after doing a couple of races/time trials, to see what might be in there.

If you wanted a career mode, you should enjoy these elements, at least a bit.
 
Back