Ferrari VGT

• Thread starter coyb20
  • 270 comments
That would be the only saving grace...

Where's the 488? 296? Any variant of the 812? SF90? Nah, we get a fantasy car that will only be usable if we get lucky enough to see a Gr. 1 variant, lol.

If PD could develop that technology IRL we'd solve the energy crisis within hours! Totally renewable in perpetuity! lol
Maybe it’s already happening and we live in some kind of matrix

I kind of get the point in VGTs when the manufacturer has nothing remotely similar in their line up, gives them a chance to 'compete' with manufacturers who do or did produce LMPs/Group Cs or GT1s.

But Ferrari have just released their 499P LMH. Why not just have that modeled instead of going down the Ridge Racer/Wipeout route?

I am loving the fact more marques are taking on the challenge personally, and I love these concepts too (most of the time)
Nobody is taking on the original "challenge" any more, creating a modern GT car. Manufacturers are just pushing off their existing concepts of whatever they want because they think it'd make good promotion for their brand, or the upcoming real car they've based it off.

Nobody is taking on the original "challenge" any more, creating a modern GT car. Manufacturers are just pushing off their existing concepts of whatever they want because they think it'd make good promotion for their brand, or the upcoming real car they've based it off.
That is nothing more than a claim of yours and I doubt you can back that up, especially that this would be the case for the majority of VGTs.

And if you critize PD for not sticking to the actual definition of what a Grand Tourer (GT) is, okay because yes that is true, but then you must critize a lot of manufacturers too for using these two letters wrong, like the Ford GT(40), VW Golf GTI, a lot of those GTOs, GTVs, GTCs etc. ain’t having a lot to do with a Grand Tourer.

That is nothing more than a claim of yours and I doubt you can back that up, especially that this would be the case for the majority of VGTs.
Back what up? I already gave you clear evidence in one of the other threads, that the Chiron design came before the VGT, as did the McLaren drawings. As for cars like the MINI, Golf, FT-1 it's pretty obvious they're not new designs. For the ones that weren't based on future production cars I'm not going to be able to find much evidence they were existing drawings, am I? But it's pretty obvious to anyone with common sense and knowledge of the industry.
And if you critize PD for not sticking to the actual definition of what a Grand Tourer (GT) is, okay because yes that is true, but then you must critize a lot of manufacturers too for using these two letters wrong, like the Ford GT(40), VW Golf GTI, a lot of those GTOs, GTVs, GTCs etc. ain’t having a lot to do with a Grand Tourer.
Most of those do still have some aspect of being a grand tourer, a traditional 2 door, 2 seat sports car.

Advanced suspension allows wheelies on all four wheels at once, providing superior acceleration while maintaining control and agility. Infinite speed is not possible due to accurate modelling of general relativity, but because the car is wheelie-ing on all four wheels at once it is possible to reach a maximum speed of 4 times the speed of light.
There is also a rng aspect that makes the car catch on fire from time to time.

I don't think so. We don't even know yet when this car is gonna be officially available in game.
Well, I just noticed from their official account post that - if you answer the last quiz - you will be able to get it BEFORE it makes it to Brand Central, maybe you'll get it at the end of the quiz period? (Which would make it December 4)

ferrari-499p-1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Why not?

PS: Imagine a 2022 racing game having a Ferrari 458 GT3 '12 as the most racing car from the brand.

Last edited:
Just had a thought. You know the Bugatti VGT kinda gave us an idea of what the Chiron would look like and then McLaren turned their VGT into the recently revealed Solus GT?

Could this give us an idea of what the LaFerrari's successor will look like?

Would be awesome if it's a road-going version of 499P. And would also be awesome to get the LeMans one with it as well.
It may very well be the basis of the 499P as the new Hypercar rules state that you need to sell 20 (I think) road going versions over two years so it may be an early design concept??

Back what up? I already gave you clear evidence in one of the other threads, that the Chiron design came before the VGT, as did the McLaren drawings. As for cars like the MINI, Golf, FT-1 it's pretty obvious they're not new designs. For the ones that weren't based on future production cars I'm not going to be able to find much evidence they were existing drawings, am I? But it's pretty obvious to anyone with common sense and knowledge of the industry.

Most of those do still have some aspect of being a grand tourer, a traditional 2 door, 2 seat sports car
What is a „traditional“ 2 door sports car for you?
The Ford GT40 wasn’t traditional at all at the time it came out. And a big aspect that is part of being a GT is that it should have a kind of comfort and luxury to separate it from raw sports cars that have barely any luxury, so the GT40 goes into the exact opposite direction, as the Ford GT70 does too.
And does a 5-Door Hatchback like the Golf get a pass too but VGTs ain’t?
Or a modern Alfa Giulia GTA, the BMW 5-Door fastback „GTs“, a Audi E-Tron GT, is a Porsche 911 GT3 a Grand Tourer in the traditional sense?
Hell since the introduction of this acronym it got bended to any direction to give their cars some kind of a sporty flair.
And how many 2 door, 2 seat VGTs are there?
-Honda VGT
-MB VGT
-Bugatti VGT
-Porsche VGT
-Audi VGT
-Suzuki VGT
-Jaguar VGT
-Zagato VGT
-Daihatsu VGT
-Mini VGT
-BMW VGT
-Fittipaldi VGT
-VW VGT
-Peugeot VGT (#1)
-Lexus VGT
-Infiniti VGT
-Subaru VGT
-Toyota VGT
-Aston Martin VGT
-Nissan VGT
-Mitsubishi VGT
Just had a thought. You know the Bugatti VGT kinda gave us an idea of what the Chiron would look like and then McLaren turned their VGT into the recently revealed Solus GT?

Could this give us an idea of what the LaFerrari's successor will look like?
Isn’t the SF90 Stradale supposed to be the successor to the LaFerrari (even if it can’t hold up to it my opinion)?

Ferrari VGT? Sounds cool tbh, kinda looking forward to its presentation ngl. Don't know how much the rest of the community will like this news tho.
Sound stupid FERRARI doesnt need VGT I cannot understand how Ferrari has authorized that probably the main reason for Binitto firing😂

I'd say this could make up for there no longer being a Pininfarina VGT in the game, since I'm admittedly a Pininfarina fanboy. I definitely am looking forward to this one.
I kind of get the point in VGTs when the manufacturer has nothing remotely similar in their line up, gives them a chance to 'compete' with manufacturers who do or did produce LMPs/Group Cs or GT1s.
Yeah, I was real disappointed that the Jaguar VGT SV was a pure EV without a Gr.1 hybrid version like the Hyundai VGT. I was similarly disappointed that the Lamborghini VGT wasn't in Gr.1 despite its general shape and power figures, but at least for them, we could get their upcoming LMDh racer instead. (I mean, it's either that, or the really old Countach QVX from the Group C era, haha!)
But Ferrari have just released their 499P LMH. Why not just have that modeled instead of going down the Ridge Racer/Wipeout route?
What if it's some sort of hypothetical road-going version of the 499P? That'd be real cool, especially since the headlamps in the preview resemble it.

What is a „traditional“ 2 door sports car for you?
The Ford GT40 wasn’t traditional at all at the time it came out. And a big aspect that is part of being a GT is that it should have a kind of comfort and luxury to separate it from raw sports cars that have barely any luxury, so the GT40 goes into the exact opposite direction, as the Ford GT70 does too.
And does a 5-Door Hatchback like the Golf get a pass too but VGTs ain’t?
Or a modern Alfa Giulia GTA, the BMW 5-Door fastback „GTs“, a Audi E-Tron GT, is a Porsche 911 GT3 a Grand Tourer in the traditional sense?
Hell since the introduction of this acronym it got bended to any direction to give their cars some kind of a sporty flair.
And how many 2 door, 2 seat VGTs are there?
-Honda VGT
-MB VGT
-Bugatti VGT
-Porsche VGT
-Audi VGT
-Suzuki VGT
-Jaguar VGT
-Zagato VGT
-Daihatsu VGT
-Mini VGT
-BMW VGT
-Fittipaldi VGT
-VW VGT
-Peugeot VGT (#1)
-Lexus VGT
-Infiniti VGT
-Subaru VGT
-Toyota VGT
-Aston Martin VGT
-Nissan VGT
-Mitsubishi VGT

Isn’t the SF90 Stradale supposed to be the successor to the LaFerrari (even if it can’t hold up to it my opinion)?
Did I ever say all VGTs weren't grand tourers? No. I simply said PD were allowing manufacturers to leave that original request if they wanted to.

As far as the website saying what the VGT is https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/vgt/, it seems the only cars that are not “The videogame’s name "Gran Turismo" (GT) refers to a 2-door sport car, known as a Grand Touring car in the automotive world.” appear to be the Chapparal, Alpines and I guess, both Peugeots(I can‘t pick out the door gaps).
Most brands that participate seem to be adhering to the 2-door ethos. The MINI, Mitsubishi and Subaru and stretching(no pun intended) their interpretations.
The LM cars fall under the sports car category anyway. We’ll, we’ll see what this Ferrari looks like in a few.

Back