Ferrari VGT

• Thread starter coyb20
  • 270 comments
That 3D model is like...

wow.gif

If Update December 23rd 2022: Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo, Fittipaldi Vision Gran Turismo please, and more
The update have to come earlier, when the car will get distributed to the winners of the right question answer on 15. of December.

but a good add would be the Ferrari 512 s as pebble beach winner from 2021. it’s confirmed they want to integrate it in gt7 and the base of the vision gt was 330 and 512. that would good match.

Last edited:
Did I ever say all VGTs weren't grand tourers? No. I simply said PD were allowing manufacturers to leave that original request if they wanted to.
So what is your argument then?
You question or let’s say delegitimize the whole VGT-Program because of a few cars that don’t fit to these standards that neither does the automotive industry for decades, the world of Motorsports nor the game franchise itself do.
The handful of cars, and correct me if I’m wrong here, that don’t fit to your strict rules are the Chapparel, SRT (both because of technology’s that ain’t based on currently available technology’s and one-seaters), and cars which just have 1 seat/ 1 door or whatsoever, like the Hyundai, Mazda, Alpine, McLaren, Peugeot L500, Lamborghini, Porsche Spyder, and that’s it already.
Porsche Spyder: in the tradition of open top race cars like the 550 Spyder.
Lamborghini: nothing uncommon and a more extreme approach like the Egoista.
Peugeot: Yeah one-seater too
McLaren: the same, also nothing special coming from a brand that has also two 3-seaters under its belt (which also would be disqualified under your strict interpretation of a GT).
Alpine: Race Car and the same as the Porsche Spyder.
Hyundai & Mazda: both interpretations of future Gr.1 kind of race cars.
Not that close to a traditional GT for sure, but they are GTs in the sense of all other GTs in Motorsport (GT1, GT3, GT4, GTX,..).
Chaparral & SRT: Concept cars that ain’t based on currently available technology’s/ or ain’t feasible in real life. But that is also in the tradition of concept cars, these ones also come up from time to time in the real world, but very rarely as these two too.

You could see the VGT-program as kind of an extension of the concept car culture into the virtual world (and back into the real world sometimes).
Most concept cars are more conservative and oriented on feasibility, but concept cars can have all kinds of purposes, so it happens that there’s also manufacturers who try to test the borders what a sports car can be (like the McLaren for example) or go even further and try to give a glimpse of how this or that could eventually look like in the far future (like the Chapparel or SRT).
So we have actually no difference to what was practiced for decades now in the automotive industry. There were also these kind of cars like the Lancia Stratos Zero, Citroën Karin or the even extreme and mostly impossible ones like the Ford Nucleon, Cadillac Thorium, GM Firebirds, BMW Next 100 etc..
There’s the term „Vision“ in front of it for a reason. If every car just sticks to the existing frame of what this or that car should be like, than what would be the reason to create concept cars at all?
So we have an approach to concept cars in the tradition of how concept cars and prototypes been done for decades, and we have a term (and description) that get‘s used in a very free way, also like it’s been done with production cars, iconic cars, for decades (and Gran Turismo is a Game that is based on the real world car culture).
And on top of that the VGT program is, in my eyes, absolutely in the spirit of Gran Turismo itself. It is something that hasn’t been done before, it is another step to make car culture accessible to more people (another aspect of it), it’s about trying out new things and it’s ultimately what Kaz wants to do, what he’s interested in and that is the no. 1 reason why GT as a franchise even exists. Yes it is also a way of marketing for the manufacturers, but that’s what Gran Turismo always has been.
And as i often read the Arguments: but the fans don’t want it, it isn’t popular, GT Concept hasn’t sold well..
There‘s still a lot who like VGTs, it doesn’t have to be the most popular thing to have a legimitation to exist and I think we can be happy when sales numbers or popularity ain’t the most important criteria after which everything else has to follow (even if VGT sure has also commercial reasons), with this criteria Gran Turismo as á Game wouldn’t even have come to life in the first place.

So what about your claims:
1. „everyone is just pushing off their existing drawings..“
2.“nobody’s sticking to the original concept anymore.“
1: it’s still not more than a claim of yours based on two examples of pre-existing concepts, other claims got even debunked (I think it was Famine). It is a very cynical claim, because you don’t know anything about the intentions/ motivations behind all of this, it’s just a negative interpretation that you claim to be fact the way I see it. But please correct me if I’m wrong.
Btw, recycling concepts or parts of it, has always been a part of concept cars. Designers or Design Studios proposed concepts to different manufacturers for example, re-used styling features and so on. Which you can also see happening with VGTs as features also move over to real world cars like the backlights of the Aston Martin, the grill of the Mercedes-Benz etc..
That there’s designers/ manufacturers who give in ideas/ concepts that existed before PD reached out to them i wouldnt deny, there sure are some (what doesn’t have to be a bad thing because otherwise they wouldn’t have seen the light of das probably), but saying that „everyone“ is doing that is nothing more than an exaggeration, and as I see it one that comes out of a misunderstanding of the VGT Program and a (rightfully) disappointment with the latest GT games. But you are aiming at the wrong things here, the problems lie in other departments and I highly doubt that GT7 would have significantly more content if VGT wouldn’t exist.
2: I think my view on this is clear by now, there‘s for the most part a misunderstanding on it, something I also misunderstood at first, but nailing PD on this when the whole automotive industry and the Motorsport world (which GT is just taking and bringing over into the virtual world, so they can’t just change the terms) ain’t caring for that much long before
GT or the VGT Program came to existence, seems unfair to me and I suspect the same reason behind this as for point 1. And you can’t just give cars like a 5-Door Hatchback Golf, a GT40 or something like a BMW GT, which is more a family car than a sports one, a pass but PD has to be 100% precise with that definition.

Last edited:
I really like this Ferrari VGT. It reminds me a bit of a mash-up of the Pink Panther mobile, and a modern day version of the 1970's Ferrari 512s Modulo concept car.

This car, the winner!? LOL!!
At least it doesn't look like it got rammed by the Ugly Train. Run over, maybe... click ... Miyazono ... click ...loading... ,spin spin spin. Great! I just saved 4,200,053 credits, now we wait to see how it drives.
Electric with an anti-matter conversion fuel cell. The electric motors have their moving components extended into an extra-compactified dimension to save weight and reduce rotating mass. Inverse gravity generator to add downforce without drag. 10,000kW AWD, tyres made of polymeric diamond pico-rubber to combine durability with extreme grip. Driver to be mounted in an anti-acceleration tank filled with oxygen bearing fluorocarbons to support their lungs and organs against cornering forces. Negative friction paint adds acceleration the faster the car goes and looks super cool.

Optional truck nuts.
Also comes with pontoons for boat racing and rocket engines to blast off into outer space! Includes personal in cab beer cooler that runs on helium to make it lighter and you have to be completely stopped and every time you open the cooler door the car won't start for 10 hours. Includes 53 point restraint system and gem storage in the gas tank so you can safely drive on the roof or the catch fence. Features an onboard Atari 2600 and bulletproof glass. Also features an engine swap with the Chrysler Turbine, which might or might not be released with Gran Turismo 13, making the car run on anything from gasoline to hair spray, beer, or Chanel No 5. Comes with a forward compatible USB stick so you can transfer it to Grab Turismo 13, but it only transfers to the PC version that way, however, PD will transfer it to your PlayStation 9 garage for €12.
end sarc

Perhaps this game isn't for you. There's nothing here for you except for darkness, loneliness, and distress.

I hear the new Forza Motorsport will be released in 2023. FM7 will have plenty of old classic cars for you to play with. Just hold on tight and take a deep breathe. Breathe in and breathe out slowly. There you go my friend. You see, you are feeling much better now. You may also try Yoga or Tia-Chi. Great way to relax yourself. 👍
I have a 360 that still works. What Forza titles were released for it? I'll be happy to run a few races and cook my supper on the console exhaust.

Does look better in photos. Has an uphill battle to beat the Lambo VGT in fun driving in my opinion but looks like the sole absolute contender that might do it.

I personally just trashed my own expectations by loving their new Le Mans one so much. I’ll never drive it in real life, wanted to drive it in game without paying real life cash for it either as a best case scenario.
B54FCB5B-3DE8-4C5A-9819-1DC8B74FBC3C.jpeg
It’s soo sexy

Well it doesn't do much for me in terms of aesthetics, but it doesn't look like anything else they've done in the past so there's that.

Does look better in photos. Has an uphill battle to beat the Lambo VGT in fun driving in my opinion but looks like the sole absolute contender that might do it.

I personally just trashed my own expectations by loving their new Le Mans one so much. I’ll never drive it in real life, wanted to drive it in game without paying real life cash for it either as a best case scenario.
View attachment 1211368
It’s soo sexy
That’s not the 499P!

From Ferrari's channel:

Hater's gonna hate

You just can't please the whole world with any products.

The people at Ferrari put time and money into this Vision project. It's a shame many people don't have much respect. For me, this Ferrari Vision GT car alone is worth the price of this game.

But I believe most people are unhappy because we are not getting enough variety of cars on a monthly basis. 3 cars for each month is not enough to make everyone happy all the time. PD should provide at least 12 cars each month to please everyone. Within the 12 cars, we should have:

• Classic Cars
  • Supercars / Hypercars
  • Luxury Cars
  • SUVs / Trucks / Vans
  • Muscle Cars
  • Sports Cars
  • Electric Cars
  • VGT Cars

Not sure if I got all the categories there. Or you can categorize cars like some people on this forum:

• Spaceships
  • Toasters
  • Refrigerators
  • Ovens
  • Microwaves

If you put cars into shapes, that's how I see them. 🤣

Last edited:
Anyone know how many gigs I could free up if I could remove the VGT cars from the game file? I feel like eventually I'm going to have to choose between being able to install a new game and deleting this bloat, and guess which game is getting deleted.
You don't want to delete cars, racing against [null] is very difficult, and you'd only save about 200MB each. If GT7 did offer custom installs, your best bet would be the intro movie and 20GB of Scapes.

Back