Ferrari VGT

• Thread starter coyb20
  • 270 comments
Whatever to please the infidels, trust me, Ferrari is a cult, and Red is its color.

:bowdown:Ferraris are red
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet

And so are you.

Ferrari is a cult???

Violets are blue???

foot slap1.gif

You get a foot slap for talking nonsense ****. And stop smoking crack.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were designer I would make front intake smaller make wheels smaller make wheel areches smaller and remove that light bar in the back.

Fortunately, you're not a designer.
Design is subjective, what looks better to them isn’t bad because you don’t share the same feelings. Art cannot be objectively bad. Someone can find meaning from some splats of paint, whether they were intentionally done like that or not.

Quite a few people dislike the Veyron’s design, but I really like it. I don’t much find some classic cars to be gorgeous, but that doesn’t mean they’re bad, they’re just not the kind of design I like. And that’s not to say I don’t like the classic cars in question, just that some specific ones don’t jump out for me as beautiful designs, whereas for others, they do.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
If I were designer I would make front intake smaller make wheels smaller make wheel areches smaller and remove that light bar in the back.

Everything is getting larger and not smaller according to the design trend of automobiles. Why everything is getting larger is a mystery. I am not sure if it's consumer demand or the styling aspect that make these latest cars desirable to consumers.

As you can see from these example pictures below, the older SUVs have smaller front intake versus the 2022 SUV models. And the wheels are smaller (15") from the older SUVs compare to the 2022 SUV models with larger wheels (21"):

Lexus 2000
SUV 2000a.jpg

Lexus 2022
SUV 2022.jpg

Mercedes 2000
SUV 2000.jpg

Mercedes 2022
SUV 2022a.jpg

Last edited:
Everything is getting larger and not smaller according to the design trend of automobiles. Why everything is getting larger is a mystery. I am not sure if it's consumer demand or the styling aspect that make these latest cars desirable to consumers.

As you can see from these example pictures below, the older SUVs have smaller front intake versus the 2022 SUV models. And the wheels are smaller (15") from the older SUVs compare to the 2022 SUV models with larger wheels (21"):

Lexus 2000
View attachment 1212367

Lexus 2022
View attachment 1212368

Mercedes 2000
View attachment 1212371

Mercedes 2022
View attachment 1212370
The growth of rims and grilles is an interesting trend to look at. In the case of SUVs with low profile tyres, it seems the trendsetter was the 2001 Range Rover, and every manufacturer eventually followed suit as they marketed off-road 4WD vehicles into honestly-never-leaving-the-suburbs practical/luxurious/"safe" big cars.

Grilles have been stylised for brand identity for a century, but the recent "BMW gaping nostril" and "Toyota whale shark" are perplexing. I suppose it's to differentiate new cars from old, and cover all of that new space as cars grow more computers and crumple zones.

as they marketed off-road 4WD vehicles into honestly-never-leaving-the-suburbs practical/luxurious/"safe" big cars.
SUVs are the most pointless vehicle type. They try to be everything in one package, and are not the best at any of them.

The off-roading aspect being probably the worst offender... Ok, maybe trying to be a "supercar/sportscar" is arguably worse.

This is so unexpected, never thought Ferrari, someday, would become a part of the VGT program. I'm really excited to see and know more about the car.
Frankly I am surprised Ferrari is even in this game.
Seeing as how crazy they are when it comes to their cars.
They went nuts when someone wrapped one of their cars with Nyan cat.
With the livery editor in GT, you can do that and more.

But I could see them using one of their concepts as a VGT thing.
VGT cars dont have to be real.

Last edited:
Ferrari went nuts when that someone tried to flip the Ferrari on Craigslist as a rebadged "Purrari".
They dont like it when people change the look of their cars in general.
Remember reading about a guy who took a Enzo to Pininfarina and asked them to make it look like a modern P4/5.
Ferrari when nuts when they heard, they only approved it when they saw how it would turn out.

They dont like it when people change the look of their cars in general.
Remember reading about a guy who took a Enzo to Pininfarina and asked them to make it look like a modern P4/5.
Ferrari when nuts when they heard, they only approved it when they saw how it would turn out.
They do a ton of one-off customer specials and companies like Novitec and Liberty Walk exist.

Khyzyl Saleem does plenty of wacky Ferrari renders and they've not told him to stop.

Last edited:

Lexus 2000
View attachment 1212367

Lexus 2022
View attachment 1212368

Mercedes 2000
View attachment 1212371

Mercedes 2022
View attachment 1212370
And don’t forget the aggressive look and fake air-intakes a lot of cars have today!

I think that all of this got into a cycle of consumer demands, market analysis and the overall notion of car companies to make their cars be an eye-catcher no matter the cost. And the cost their is in my eyes often to have a harmonic design, this gets sacrificed for making it look more aggressive, sportier, edgier, more muscular, which then again influences consumer demands and it gets even more over the top.
There’s not a lot of designs nowadays that will pass the test of time in my opinion, but we will see.

The best VGT cars are those that stay somewhat grounded in reality, for me the red bull 2019 we got as a reward is beyond that. Still fun to drive but at the same time stupid.

I hope this one isn't to stupid

I like how most people say "It's a copy of Lambo VGT" but when i see it i see more the Porsche VGT which isn't a bad thing but you see most of these car designers going for similar aesthetics eh - i am glad it is not Skoda VGT lol

I like it
Why has it got the exhaust at the front?

SUVs are the most pointless vehicle type. They try to be everything in one package, and are not the best at any of them.

The off-roading aspect being probably the worst offender... Ok, maybe trying to be a "supercar/sportscar" is arguably worse.

Seem to be very appealing to sheep and thick people.

'Easier getting kids in/out'. Struggle strapping a kid into a 'normal car'? Dread to think what state you must be in if thats one of the leading reasons. Granted, visibility is better, but I'll never own one due to that. An then we have the 'crossovers'... somehow managed to create a bigger abomination, and people actually buy them it seems.

Personally, I prefer an angry looking german high performance car with 4 exhausts for my c**k extension, rather than a car on stilts, that has as much utility as a vw polo... :D.

Last edited:
B80
Why has it got the exhaust at the front?

'Easier getting kids in/out'. Struggle strapping a kid into a 'normal car'? Dread to think what state you must be in if thats one of the leading reasons. Granted, visibility is better, but I'll never own one due to that. An then we have the 'crossovers'... somehow managed to create a bigger abomination, and people actually buy them it seems.

Personally, I prefer an angry looking german high performance car with 4 exhausts for my c**k extension, rather than a car on stilts, that has as much utility as a vw polo... :D.
SUVs have better visibility is a funny one.
People still seem to be blind and cause accidents with them.
As for crossovers, they're nothing more than a hatchback with a factory fitted lift kit
1670155154310.png

Crossover Toyota Prius?
1670155273654.png

When we're quite done with the gatekeeping (and there's nothing more car enthusiast than gatekeeping car enthusiasm) and sexism, there's a Ferrari Vision GT to discuss here.

Apologies for my post(s) and for any offense caused.

I'll remove my remarks now.

Actually, the Lambo VGT looks not only nicer, but more "realistic" than this Ferrari. Still way over the top, but I could totally see a special edition Lamborghini looking like the Lambo VGT.

This Ferrari? No way in hell is it ever going to be a thing... Not even as a track car, let alone road legal. I can't for the life of me even associate that thing with a Ferrari. You remove the badge, you can't tell, at all, it's a Ferrari. Unlike with the Lambo VGT where you can easily recognize as a Lambo.

I don't like VGTs in general, but the brands that do stick to making them according to their own identity, at least deserve some respect.

B80

I wanted to avoid saying this, but in reality, it really is like this. Everytime I make a legit question to people I know, on why they prefered to buy this car over any other, it all comes down to them saying because "I like how they look" or "I ride higher"... After I pretty much shut down any other argument they use like being more practical, useful for off-roading, but the ones that grind me the most is when they say the car is safer or drives better... I. Don't. Even...
Oh, and let's not get into the few that say those cars are... economic... :lol: Usually, it's those people that bought those small crossovers like Seat Arona, Nissan Juke, etc.
I wouldn't say Crossovers are the worst kind... The very worst kind are definitely those SUV Coupé abominations for damn sure, like the BMW X6 which started this terrible trend, and even despite pretty much any car show and ethusiast crap talking, with all solid reasoning at that, that car, brands like Mercedes and Porsche actually decided to follow that trend...
And now even Ferrari, who are so ashamed of themselves for making that car that they instead of calling it an SUV, they say it's a FUV (Ferrari Utility Vehicle). 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Last edited:
Actually, the Lambo VGT looks not only nicer, but more "realistic" than this Ferrari. Still way over the top, but I could totally see a special edition Lamborghini looking like the Lambo VGT.

This Ferrari? No way in hell is it ever going to be a thing... Not even as a track car, let alone road legal. I can't for the life of me even associate that thing with a Ferrari. You remove the badge, you can't tell, at all, it's a Ferrari. Unlike with the Lambo VGT where you can easily recognize as a Lambo.

I don't like VGTs in general, but the brands that do stick to making them according to their own identity, at least deserve some respect.

I wanted to avoid saying this, but in reality, it really is like this. Everytime I make a legit question to people I know, on why they prefered to buy this car over any other, it all comes down to them saying because "I like how they look" or "I ride higher"... After I pretty much shut down any other argument they use like being more practical, useful for off-roading, but the ones that grind me the most is when they say the car is safer or drives better... I. Don't. Even...
Oh, and let's not get into the few that say those cars are... economic... :lol: Usually, it's those people that bought those small crossovers like Seat Arona, Nissan Juke, etc.
I wouldn't say Crossovers are the worst kind... The very worst kind are definitely those SUV Coupé abominations for damn sure, like the BMW X6 which started this terrible trend, and even despite pretty much any car show and ethusiast crap talking, with all solid reasoning at that, that car, brands like Mercedes and Porsche actually decided to follow that trend...
And now even Ferrari, who are so ashamed of themselves for making that car that they instead of calling it an SUV, they say it's a FUV (Ferrari Utility Vehicle). 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Oh gosh, yes those x6 and whatever the merc equivalent is, are something else. Absolutely horrendous imo. Recall tge 1st time I saw them, thinking wtf is that. Then I visited my parents and turns out my dad really likes them. I couldn't hold back and exclaimed 'you must be joking, they're horrendous...' which started a debate about them/suv's in general.

Eh, say what you like but I'd 1000% rather have gotten the Purosangue than this VGT.

1. Naturally aspirated V12
2. An actually thought out design that makes the best of its shape
3. It represents the actual future direction of the brand and the industry as a whole
4. It will be a landmark in Ferrari's history long after the VGT's been forgotten about

I dont like them because to me they're pretty much useless.
You cant really tune them.

Like that Daihatsu Copen Racing Jacket VGT.
Good power but cant be engine tuned in any shape or form.

Or some of the other VGTs are unrealistic.
Higher downforce than an LMP1, better fuel economy than an LMP1, more power than an LMP1.
Yet same amount of PP as one

Last edited:

Tried this yesterday, it’s the best VGT yet. Also fitting the Ferrari VGT released at such a significant milestone for PD.

Meanwhile the designer was using a 30 cent ballpoint pen for his drafting. LOVE IT 😄

Back