(FGT3) - Formula GT Championship S3Open 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,097 comments

What track should be used for the US GP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Formuula GT never interested me sow i probably dont sing up for this, as well I noticed FGT will be at saturday sow Friday night I will have free for racing, sow I will be able to introduce my own idea for racing series:).

with the extra ballast you can balance it very well
And giving an extra challenge to the alien to handle it.
Its too easy with 550kg and full downforce, and the Alien guys knew that

Love ya Maxx, but am gonna have to disagree with you on this one.... I LOVE the idea of tinkering with things, but the lack of D-Force in relation to power is low and don't think adding weight will help that situation in particular.

Oh... Did I mention that I'm IN with bells on!!!! :cheers:

Blue. Let me know if I could be of ANY HELP in helping us, in any way possible getting this show off the ground?

Figures, the ONE day I had to work 14 hour day, I miss all this yesterday :lol:

One thing though... When you guys said earlier "9-10pm our time." What time zone are we talking about?

I love the idea of 2 divisions, and how we're throwing out ideas on making the settings more interesting.

Just a few ideas of my own here. Please don't think I'm adimant about these ideas and that I necessarily want them, but just thinking out loud:

-90 Minute races, instead of 60. Maybe mix it up... Some races 60, some 90.

-Not only mandatory Tyre Compound Changes between Softs n Mediums, but to also, have 3 Tyre Compound Changes. Meaning, Hards, Mediums and Softs need to be used.

-Another one that has had me thinking lately is.... Everybody on track for Quali's. This would only work if we werent pressed for time though. As the Quali session would need to be much longer in order for this to work. (Be a nightmare for me to cut off IP or Filo in only a 10 min Quali session :nervous:). I know, this would be extremely difficult to do, because of several reasons. One being, some drivers may have over inflated Quali lap time with circumstantial draft etc.

Don't quote me on these thoughts guys, as they are, just thoughts and am thinking out loud.

Soooo excited!!!

Love ya Maxx, but am gonna have to disagree with you on this one.... I LOVE the idea of tinkering with things, but the lack of D-Force in relation to power is low and don't think adding weight will help that situation in particular.
I agree. The power isn't having extra weight, nor power. In season 1 specs were tested at that, as logic would suggest it makes the car easier to drive. However there wasn't much difference. As prior said, the FGT is ALL about tyre wear. 20 minutes (even on hards) and the tyres are gone, and makes the car undriveable. Also, the extra weight gives a lot more setup options for the aliens. I know a lot of great tuners, however at the end of the day if you are an alien/FGT you are going to have the best setup too, and there isn't really a 'challenge' for them. So I agree 👍

Oh... Did I mention that I'm IN with bells on!!!! :cheers:

Blue. Let me know if I could be of ANY HELP in helping us, in any way possible getting this show off the ground?

Figures, the ONE day I had to work 14 hour day, I miss all this yesterday :lol:

One thing though... When you guys said earlier "9-10pm our time." What time zone are we talking about?
Not really much to do to be honest mate, the only thing to organise is divisions, which could be decided one week before if we really had too, although it will be done after a test session in a week or 2 :)

BST, UK time. So, depending on where you are in the US (sorry, awful with US time zones) it will be during the afternoon/early evening.

I love the idea of 2 divisions, and how we're throwing out ideas on making the settings more interesting.

Just a few ideas of my own here. Please don't think I'm adimant about these ideas and that I necessarily want them, but just thinking out loud:

-90 Minute races, instead of 60. Maybe mix it up... Some races 60, some 90.

-Not only mandatory Tyre Compound Changes between Softs n Mediums, but to also, have 3 Tyre Compound Changes. Meaning, Hards, Mediums and Softs need to be used.

-Another one that has had me thinking lately is.... Everybody on track for Quali's. This would only work if we werent pressed for time though. As the Quali session would need to be much longer in order for this to work. (Be a nightmare for me to cut off IP or Filo in only a 10 min Quali session :nervous:). I know, this would be extremely difficult to do, because of several reasons. One being, some drivers may have over inflated Quali lap time with circumstantial draft etc.

Don't quote me on these thoughts guys, as they are, just thoughts and am thinking out loud.

Soooo excited!!!
I agree, it's the whole point of introducing it. Although it won't affect the racing, it may give us guys at the back some enthusiasm and a target to chase.

90mins won't be happening sorry. If the car was good enough, i'd be happy to do an hour of racing at a time, although with the poor tyre wear which would make the driving frustrating due to being unable to control the car and then running by yourself without another car in sight.

All 3 compounds won't be used in the race, although there will be mix and matches, such as RS/RM one round, RM/RH another. That's worked well before as it gives different driving styles and setups.

I'm not 100% sure if I got the bit about qualy, although I think it might just be because i'm tired. The 12 minute session isn't that bad. It will still be enough for an out lap, base lap, in and 2 flyers, or whatever way you want to do it. Also, beating IP/Filo in 10mins may be unlikely, although if you were given more time to hook up a lap, i'm sure they could go quicker.

The slipstream is just a part of racing. Some don't like it, some do. I'm happy to have everyone as ghosts during it if the majority prefer, although traffic and getting a tow is just part of racing to me, something which could spice the racing up.

:cheers:

Id be keen!
I'd help make up the back markers
:cheers:

Sorry I couldn't get the OP up today, been having to get some new bike gear for my test tomorrow. So i'll have it up tomorrow :cheers:

One of my favourite cars. I´m in. I have to participate at least once on this kind of events. How will the two divisions be decided? I personally think the unique 60/90 minute race is the best method.

One of my favourite cars. I´m in. I have to participate at least once on this kind of events. How will the two divisions be decided? I personally think the unique 60/90 minute race is the best method.
Welcome mate :cheers:

Most likely based on overall speed. All this signed or signing up are great drivers and aren't exactly 'slow' however have no chance of a podium at the minimum, so basically alien and non alien lol

90 would be a stretch. Many don't race that long and the stops and race would just become a bit excessive. However if the majority of people really want to do a 1 hour race and won't quit if it ends up becoming spread out then I'm happy to stick it out :)

Out of curiosity, what is the f1 career championship tyre wear like? Haven't done that event in years

Not really much to do to be honest mate, the only thing to organise is divisions, which could be decided one week before if we really had too, although it will be done after a test session in a week or 2 :)

BST, UK time. So, depending on where you are in the US (sorry, awful with US time zones) it will be during the afternoon/early evening.
No worries for me. Sounds like it's about 4-5pm for me (EST.) That's very doable for me!

Yes. As we get closer to it, please don't hesitate for anything! Always eager to be of assistance if need be.

Do we ordinarily designate some sort of a practice night during the week Blue?

All 3 compounds won't be used in the race, although there will be mix and matches, such as RS/RM one round, RM/RH another. That's worked well before as it gives different driving styles and setups.
I gotta be honest here ("If I'm honest" lol), and tell ya that my triple compound suggestion gets shot down by pretty much everyone lol! However, I'm excited on the various pairs on different tracks :). This, I did not know of.

Also, beating IP/Filo in 10mins may be unlikely, although if you were given more time to hook up a lap, i'm sure they could go quicker.
LOL LOL!!! No, no, you definitely musunderstood me. Don't blame ya, as I did a terrible job of explaining.
You know when you make a room, you have the option on how to have the options of Qualifying set. One option is to chose "Race Alone", and the other, I can't recall, but it's to have everyone visable on track at same time.
I was trying to say, if we had that option on, we'd have to have a longer qualifying session, because the slower guys such as myself wouldn't want to be in the way of some of the faster drivers. Meaning, If we're all visible, we can also be a physical hindrance.

Again, this is just me thinking out loud, being caught up in the moment:boggled:.

I'm not 100% sure if I got the bit about qualy, although I think it might just be because i'm tired. The 12 minute session isn't that bad. It will still be enough for an out lap, base lap, in and 2 flyers, or whatever way you want to do it.
I couldn't respond to this without responding to the paragraph above, in which responds to this altogether.

I think the settings you have here Blue, are indeed, as good as can be.

Welcome mate :cheers:

Most likely based on overall speed. All this signed or signing up are great drivers and aren't exactly 'slow' however have no chance of a podium at the minimum, so basically alien and non alien lol

90 would be a stretch. Many don't race that long and the stops and race would just become a bit excessive. However if the majority of people really want to do a 1 hour race and won't quit if it ends up becoming spread out then I'm happy to stick it out :)

Out of curiosity, what is the f1 career championship tyre wear like? Haven't done that event in years

Understood. It would be nice to do a qualyfing or a free training to set times on a concrete track and decide the two splits. My ideal tyre wear for the FGT is the normal one.

On July I raced on one of the last races at the spanish team championship, it was at Mónaco, we raced with normal wear and no driving aids were allowed (no abs also). Also we must change our compound type at least once (from racing soft to racing medium) and my strategy was pitting twice. I would like to share it with you:

No worries for me. Sounds like it's about 4-5pm for me (EST.) That's very doable for me!

Yes. As we get closer to it, please don't hesitate for anything! Always eager to be of assistance if need be.

Do we ordinarily designate some sort of a practice night during the week Blue?

I gotta be honest here ("If I'm honest" lol), and tell ya that my triple compound suggestion gets shot down by pretty much everyone lol! However, I'm excited on the various pairs on different tracks :). This, I did not know of.

LOL LOL!!! No, no, you definitely musunderstood me. Don't blame ya, as I did a terrible job of explaining.
You know when you make a room, you have the option on how to have the options of Qualifying set. One option is to chose "Race Alone", and the other, I can't recall, but it's to have everyone visable on track at same time.
I was trying to say, if we had that option on, we'd have to have a longer qualifying session, because the slower guys such as myself wouldn't want to be in the way of some of the faster drivers. Meaning, If we're all visible, we can also be a physical hindrance.

Again, this is just me thinking out loud, being caught up in the moment:boggled:.

I couldn't respond to this without responding to the paragraph above, in which responds to this altogether.

I think the settings you have here Blue, are indeed, as good as can be.
The offer for help is very much appreciated mate, and if needed i'll let you know :)

Not really, mainly due to commitments which conflict or everyone. Usually when someone is free we'll post and if people can, they'll join. However Wednesday nights (when the season starts) we'll also have GTTCC, so it would seem likely we'd run some practice laps afterwards too.

It's not a bad idea mate lol, I just think with this car it might make things a bit more difficult, and although it would make strategy interesting, it could make a lot more traffic.

I get you now mate, my bad. Yeah it could be a pain at times, but it depends on how you've ran it before. Usually we start from the pits, and you can wait 5 seconds to let the aliens go in front. However it could trip people up if they decide to stop for fresh tyres.

Understood. It would be nice to do a qualyfing or a free training to set times on a concrete track and decide the two splits. My ideal tyre wear for the FGT is the normal one.

On July I raced on one of the last races at the spanish team championship, it was at Mónaco, we raced with normal wear and no driving aids were allowed (no abs also). Also we must change our compound type at least once (from racing soft to racing medium) and my strategy was pitting twice. I would like to share it with you:

Agreed, the best thing to do is instead of a test night, just run a full scale practice event to see how it works :)

Normal wear is what we've always used and still have issues with. In the video I notice it was 40mins with 2 stops, which highlights the poor tyre wear, however it seemed to last a few laps longer than I expected. Mind if I ask what specs you were using? :)

Agreed, the best thing to do is instead of a test night, just run a full scale practice event to see how it works :)

Normal wear is what we've always used and still have issues with. In the video I notice it was 40mins with 2 stops, which highlights the poor tyre wear, however it seemed to last a few laps longer than I expected. Mind if I ask what specs you were using? :)

The specs were 750 CV and 550 Kg. Two years ago we raced with this car at full power on Fuji and with fast wear, that was crazy.

The specs were 750 CV and 550 Kg. Two years ago we raced with this car at full power on Fuji and with fast wear, that was crazy.
sorry mate, I have no idea what that is in HP/BHP, nor how to convert CV :(

@Ash9414 this is it mate. 3 years of studying for your physics degree and now is your moment to shine :P ^^^

Unfortunately, it's just the nature of the FGT, but regardless of what happens or format, it should still be some great racing. :cheers:

All in favour of Antares getting a three race ban, say aye! :P
Aye! :lol:

CV (Cheval Vapeur I think?) is a horsepower unit mostly used in France, Switzerland etc.

Example, if you have 700 CV, that is 690 BHP.

1 PS = 1 CV and I think 1 CV = 0.9863 BHP?

So @SWR_WeiTN said 750 CV. That is 740 BHP.
At least it's a lot closer to HP and PS than kW :lol:

You think after all this time he'd be more interested in researching how Physics work when race car meets gravel :lol: :lol:
He doesn't need to study, it's all natural to him :P

All in favour of Antares getting a three race ban, say aye! :P

@True-blue-8 It was 4 years actually. ;) But I have no idea what CV is... ask an engineer haha.
You cant ban Grosjean, Grosjean quits.

Well done, I guess you've been training to work for McLaren Honda. Years of work and you still don't have a clue what you're doing ;)

CV (Cheval Vapeur I think?) is a horsepower unit mostly used in France, Switzerland etc.

Example, if you have 700 CV, that is 690 BHP.

1 PS = 1 CV and I think 1 CV = 0.9863 BHP?

So @SWR_WeiTN said 750 CV. That is 740 BHP.
Correct! @CrazyJohn

750 Caballo de vapor [CV] = 739,740 052 964 6 Brake horsepower [bhp]
Thanks guys :cheers:

Of course France wanted to be different. :P
They always do, it makes them seem like they're going faster, like americans in KPH :P

I think all Sainz fans should get extra points too ;)

I can't commit to any race but I might try out a single race later in the season if there's a spot.

Good luck, vroom, vroom.

:lol:

damn, wasn't sure if you were still on GT and was hoping you could race. Your outright pace couldn't match @IMMORTALPILOT (who can lol) but your race ability was brilliant, always gave a great battle at the front to watch. More than welcome to race a one off any time you want mate :cheers:

@DrAug are you racing mate? Second half of Season 2 you put IP under some pressure, perhaps a full season we can see a Mercedes situation ;)

:lol:

damn, wasn't sure if you were still on GT and was hoping you could race. Your outright pace couldn't match @IMMORTALPILOT (who can lol) but your race ability was brilliant, always gave a great battle at the front to watch. More than welcome to race a one off any time you want mate :cheers:

@DrAug are you racing mate? Second half of Season 2 you put IP under some pressure, perhaps a full season we can see a Mercedes situation ;)
Yes, ill be racing !! I'll try an entire season as i feel like asleep when racing other cars ^^... Cant wait to see a big line up !

@J_Starscream @Antares26 @Ash9414 @IMMORTALPILOT @o0Maxx0o @DannyB013 @AJHG1000 @DeltaJuliet @Ives40 @potvinsuks @SWR_WeiTN @DrAug

Just to let you know I have added the info into the OP. Everything is there, even if it is slightly messy but it will be tidied up and made to look a lot better in the next few days. If there is anything anyone doesn't understand or any suggestions, please let me know :)

17TH September - This will be a test race at Fuji F. The race will be an hour long, to test this setting, and gives us time to debate the format before Round 1. Weather will be prohibited for the time being, and this event will be used to get a feel for other drivers and determine divisions, and therefore teams and manufacturers.

The two compounds to be used is Racing Soft an Racing Hard. This can be checked after the race, so don't try and use mediums :P the purpose is to see how people handle the two most extreme types of tyres. Again, any issues please let me know :)

So far we have 13 definitely signed up, and there will be more to come. So a full grid looks definite, especially as those who have signed up so far are reliable and no issues with. Only other thing to mention is driving standards. These cars are more powerful and can catch you out. Don't weave or make aggressive moves that could end in an accident. Enter/exit the pits properly. and when being lapped/on old tyres be more careful.

If everyone can sign up as shown in the first part of the OP that would be great :cheers:

Hopefully this is going to be an awesome season! :cheers:

I am happy to share my tune if anyone wants it, although there are many changes I can make to it from last season. It's not quick, but feels comfortable to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back