[FGTA] Renault Megane/Toyota 86 Endurance Challenge -- VELOCI_2NR and ares118785 class winners!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 173 comments

PLEASE READ THE MASTER POST BEFORE VOTING! Now with that out of the way... Where do we race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fun practice last night! Shaping up to be a good one!

So, for this Thursday, we will run a 25 lap race in addition to practice!

Room will open at 11:30 pm EST for practice.
Qualifying will be at 12:00 am for 10 minutes, race will probably be about half an hour long (I think).

Please remember that we will use a rolling start for this race, and note where the formation point and acceleration zone is. We will add one lap to the race to do this.

There will be one pit stop with a tire compound change. You will have to run a set of each compound, just like we will on race day.

Any questions feel free to ask. See you guys Thursday!

Fun practice last night! Shaping up to be a good one!

So, for this Thursday, we will run a 25 lap race in addition to practice!

Room will open at 11:30 pm EST for practice.
Qualifying will be at 12:00 am for 10 minutes, race will probably be about half an hour long (I think).

Please remember that we will use a rolling start for this race, and note where the formation point and acceleration zone is. We will add one lap to the race to do this.

There will be one pit stop with a tire compound change. You will have to run a set of each compound, just like we will on race day.

Any questions feel free to ask. See you guys Thursday!
Same rules for tires in qually...start what you ran right.

Same rules for tires in qually...start what you ran right.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that whatever compound you qualify on will be the one you start on. Opens up a lot in terms of strategy. This race will probably only be one pit stop.

Somebody beat me to it fractions of a second before I hit post...
He and I were getting mid 1:25s on softs.
I feel something like... "So.. Felipe... Fernando is faster than you..." I need to understand why!!!!! Jjajaj, flip, sbsm or wharever... wilsonfrancoz@hotmail.com is my mail, PLEASE win the heaven and send me yours setup. I need understand why you guys are almost 2.5 ****.. seconds faster than me...

One of the things I wanted to ask you guys about it tire wear. We briefly tried both, and here's what I predict happening.

With fast tire wear, everyone will probably have to make 2, maybe 3 pit stops depending on a few things. Fuel on the Renault is good for about 28 laps (from my super rough numbers). I admittedly have no data for the Toyota, but I don't think it'll be all that different, probably 2 stops. And we saw last night that tire wear was pretty quick.

With normal wear, I do not have as much data... but on fuel, I think 1 stop in 75 laps is possible for both classes. Tire wear appears to take much, much longer to happen.

So for what I see, fast wear will rely more on tire management and pit strategy. Normal may be more about all out pace. And I haven't considered the tire switch yet, of course the mediums will last longer, but be slower in pace. One thing we could to with normal is force everyone to make 2 pit stops in the race. Like the DTM used to do last season (of course, they changed their rules this year). Just an idea.

I will let you guys tell me what you think.

One of the things I wanted to ask you guys about it tire wear. We briefly tried both, and here's what I predict happening.

With fast tire wear, everyone will probably have to make 2, maybe 3 pit stops depending on a few things. Fuel on the Renault is good for about 28 laps (from my super rough numbers). I admittedly have no data for the Toyota, but I don't think it'll be all that different, probably 2 stops. And we saw last night that tire wear was pretty quick.

With normal wear, I do not have as much data... but on fuel, I think 1 stop in 75 laps is possible for both classes. Tire wear appears to take much, much longer to happen.

So for what I see, fast wear will rely more on tire management and pit strategy. Normal may be more about all out pace. And I haven't considered the tire switch yet, of course the mediums will last longer, but be slower in pace. One thing we could to with normal is force everyone to make 2 pit stops in the race. Like the DTM used to do last season (of course, they changed their rules this year). Just an idea.

I wouldn't mind required two stops but please not fast wear

I am down for a two stop min race. We are going 75 laps. With that said, I am torn though. We must change tire compound if I am correct you could in theory make the race on one stop. This dynamic is being introduced now which will change the way people will race. It will become more of a chess game throughout the field.

As for tire wear, normal should be the setting for a long endurance, I would hate to see pitting occur every 15 to 20 laps just due to tire wear, it lessens the game of chess for this series imo, but I can go either way with it. Whatever cards are dealt are the cards you are handed.

I am down for a two stop min race. We are going 75 laps. With that said, I am torn though. We must change tire compound if I am correct you could in theory make the race on one stop. This dynamic is being introduced now which will change the way people will race. It will become more of a chess game throughout the field.

As for tire wear, normal should be the setting for a long endurance, I would hate to see pitting occur every 15 to 20 laps just due to tire wear, it lessens the game of chess for this series imo, but I can go either way with it. Whatever cards are dealt are the cards you are handed.

Flip the Renault/Toyota Endurance Challenge (OPEN) link in your signature is INOP

Hey can one of you other Toyota guys share your setup with me? I was like 3-5 seconds off the pace last night and I'm not a mechanic, I just drive these things.

I feel something like... "So.. Felipe... Fernando is faster than you..." I need to understand why!!!!! Jjajaj, flip, sbsm or wharever... wilsonfrancoz@hotmail.com is my mail, PLEASE win the heaven and send me yours setup. I need understand why you guys are almost 2.5 ****.. seconds faster than me...
Poor you.... I've been 2.5 seconds behind FLIP.....FOREVER:gtpflag:

If what ifs and buts were chocolate and nuts..We would have Christmas ever day .
That is how I felt when my pathetic setup was replaced by something so awesome even I could go quicker without fearing for my virtual Renault.....I got NUTS ! LOL. Am waiting for CHOCOLATE !

The first time I heard that saying was on TV when new commentator Tommy Kendall fresh from his horrific crash at Watkins Glen in his Intrepid , came out with it. The other two (less educated or at least less well read) commentators paused at a total loss for words as if race car drivers were not supposed to be clever....and commented...er....ah...er...

Last edited:
Yeah, it appears as though normal tire wear and a two pit stop minimum is going to be the way to go. Which, oddly enough, I think is what I have written in the race specs... So that's what were doing! Love races with multiple strategies!

Yeah, it appears as though normal tire wear and a two pit stop minimum is going to be the way to go. Which, oddly enough, I think is what I have written in the race specs... So that's what were doing! Love races with multiple strategies!
Want to confirm that regardless of time the Group A cars will be grouped in front of the Group B cars on the grid.

Want to confirm that regardless of time the Group A cars will be grouped in front of the Group B cars on the grid.

Yes, this is how I plan to run. All Group A should be ahead anyway, but come formation lap time, all Renaults will go to the front of the field in qualifying order. Toyotas will be behind Group A, but will be allowed to line up right behind Group A for the start.

All of this will also be discussed in the room on race day, as well.

Yes, this is how I plan to run. All Group A should be ahead anyway, but come formation lap time, all Renaults will go to the front of the field in qualifying order. Toyotas will be behind Group A, but will be allowed to line up right behind Group A for the start.

All of this will also be discussed in the room on race day, as well.
What brought this on was a GPA quallys on medium and a GPB on softs....they could be in the same time range depending on the ALIENNESS (damn spell check said this IS - a word...wonder what the non racing version means ?) of the drivers.:D

Sorry I missed the first couple practice sessions . I should be able to make the one on tuesday as well as the race. I some people asking for a tune for the toyota and I can share mine that I used in a series a little while ago. It works really well, but burns front tire bit, but that is just the car.

Aero:
150/120

Suspension:
105/115
13.08/13.98
5/6
5/7
4/7
0.0/0.0
0.0/0.20

Brakes:
9/8

LSD:
15/26/8

Is anyone on right now to run a bit of practice? I've yet to run any laps here

Last edited:
Hi Veloci, have you tried to ride with these settings on the brand, if so, what times you obtain, my best was
1:31, 630.

Back