[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
One would think the car would go even slower without any suspension but you are quite the magician behind the wheel so who knows, probably just dragged that car round. ;)
Where we're going we don't need roads.

2349d4.jpg

gotta be a few seconds somewhere been round two flying laps one with aero one without, one with was 3sec faster :confused:.
You probably need more practise than that ^^ At least I've had some practise at the track with the 24 hour race earlier this year.

Haha Rono we're screwed! I tried a few laps on le sarthe just now and I'm about 5 seconds slower with my 12 pp penalty. ^^ At least we can battle each other. I've done a 3:51.7 on a decent lap.

Haha Rono we're screwed! I tried a few laps on le sarthe just now and I'm about 5 seconds slower with my 12 pp penalty. ^^ At least we can battle each other. I've done a 3:51.7 on a decent lap.
I've done a dodgy 3.52 :) could have been quicker its going to be a very different race, but its going to require others to have clean races and not get any damage, least not at the beginning of a lap :) and no dc's this pp pen has got to clear... đź‘Ť

edit: @Phouchg just made 51.7 also :), on the other hand, Nik Makosi just pulled a 44.5 :scared:

Last edited:
Benjv wanted himself off the entry list because he doesn't like 24h simulation in a 2 hour race. So he made a bearly readable post swearing at us and saying he was born to win and said the PP system was ****. The post was deleted by a mod overnight.

Ahh ok....lol

Round 4 -- Silverstone
Results and Race Report

hr.png

Qualifying
Once again, qualifying saw some close gaps between drivers up and down the grid, with a decent mix of cars. Congratulations to @RS__96__oO and @roberte for taking pole in their respective classes, and the bonus point to go with it.
The full list of qualifying results can be found HERE.
hr.png

Incident List - PRO
Driver: MerlinRichards
Incident: Contact with Nik_Makozi
Lap: 2
Result: No Further Action.
Notes: Merlin spun the rears on traction causing the car to swing across the path of Makozi who had nowhere to go.

Driver: Nik_Makozi
Incident: Contact with GTP_PASM
Result: Avoidable Contact. +25s added to race time (stop + 10).
Notes: GTP_PASM was fully along side by the apex of the corner, albeit on a tighter line. Makozi swings in from wide and makes contact. The contact resulted in damage for PASM.

Incident: Contact with GTP_PASM
Lap: 26
Result: Avoidable Contact. +25s added to race time (stop + 10).
Notes: GTP_PASM was bumped from behind in the final chicane, resulting in damage for PASM. The car ahead has the right to take any corner as fast or as slow as he sees fit. It is the responsibility of the car behind to do everything they can to avoid contact.

Incident: Unsafe track rejoin
Lap: 30
Result: Penalty for unsafe track rejoin. +15s added to race time (drive through).
Notes: Please be aware of cars approaching when re-joining the track. In this case, the cars were a lap ahead.

Incident: Contact with RS__96__oO
Lap: 30
Results: No Further Action.
Notes: Makozi spun the rears on dirty tyres following his off at the previous corner. This pitched the car infront of RS who had nowhere to go.
hr.png

Incident List - AM
Driver: VicarsRACING1
Incident: Use of chat box during qualifiying
Result: First warning for use of chat box during a live session.
Notes: The use of the chat box or voice chat is prohibited during a live session except in extreme circumstances.

Incident: Improper start procedure
Result: Second warning for improper start procedure +15s added to race time (drive through).
Notes: Out of position during formation lap causing following cars to also be out of position.

Incident: Making more than one defensive move.
Lap: 18-19
Result: Second warning for weaving. +15s added to race time (drive through).
Notes: You may make one defensive move only, weaving to break the tow is prohibited.

Incident: Pit Exit Line
Lap: 29
Result: Third penalty for improper Pit Exit Line. +20s added to race time (stop +5). Single reprimand awarded.

Driver: GTP_HAMILTONR
Incident: Pit Exit Line
Lap: 48
Result: Second penalty for improper Pit Exit. +20s added to race time (stop +5).

Driver: Matheus-007
Incident: Contact with Roberte
Result: Avoidable contact. +25s added to race time (stop +10). Reprimand for third AC awarded.
Notes: Whether intentional or not, you appear to be a magnet on the opening lap. Please be careful and patient. :)

Driver: Nail-27
Incident: Contact with Revoy
Lap 43
Result: Avoidable contact. +25s added to race time (stop +10).
Notes: Although this was a very unfortunate misunderstanding, it is the responsibility of the car being lapped to maintain their line with no sudden changes in speed or direction. Had you done this, the responsibility would have lied with Revoy if contact was made.

Driver: Makozi_Akademik
Incident: Contact with xNikodemusx
Lap: 55
Result: Avoidable contact. +25s added to race time (stop +10).
Notes: Similar to above. When being lapped it is your responsibility to maintain your line with no sudden changes in speed or direction.

Driver: Makozi_Akademik
Incident: Medium Tyre Useage
Result: Insufficient tyre useage. +19s added to race time (stop + 2s per minute under).
Notes: We calculated your medium tyre useage to be 48'28.
hr.png

Race results
HERE are the race results with times adjusted for the above penalties. Some positions have changed due to penalties being applied.

Congratulations to Mr Grumpy, @gtpcaine and @RS__96__oO for podium finishes in PRO class.
In AM we have @Phouchg, @rono_thomas and @roberte taking the podium slots. Congratulations to you three.

Fastest laps were taken by @Nik_Makozi and @roberte, so congratulations on those bonus points.

This means we now have the following PP penalties for Round 5 at Le Mans:

PRO

@rclark83 -- -3pp (584pp)
@gtpcaine -- -3pp (606pp)
@Glenalz81 -- -2pp (603pp)
@RS__96__oO -- -2pp (590pp)

AM

@Phouchg -- -15pp (590pp)
@rono_thomas -- -12pp (575pp)
@HAMILTONR -- -2pp (603pp)
@roberte -- -1pp (591pp)
hr.png

Championship Standings
The full rundown on standings can be found HERE. In the bottom left corner you will see different tabs to view the respective tables.
hr.png

Closing Thoughts
Once again, I want to thank everyone who attended and to the stewards. Links to the qualifying and race results, as well as championship standings can be found in the OP. I look forward to seeing you all at Le Mans. The driver's brief for Round 5 will follow later.

I need to find out a way to make the Vette better on it's tires. I love it on one lap pace, but it seems like everyone walks away once my tires start going off:(. Haven't even gotten a podium yet:crazy:

I need to find out a way to make the Vette better on it's tires. I love it on one lap pace, but it seems like everyone walks away once my tires start going off:(. Haven't even gotten a podium yet:crazy:
I figured it out at Indy. Only on softs though. Still getting bad tire wear on Med. I think we could do a vette 1,2 in PRO. It's possible! ;)

Back