FH3 Hot Wheels Expansion - Now Available

• Thread starter Justuxful
  • 549 comments
upload_2017-5-13_14-30-48.png

Only got the one Achievement left. If anyone else is also doing it and sees me racing online, feel free to join in Co-Op as progress will still count.

Just got all badges and starting my first championship now. That Gymkhana Focus was perfect for the drift zones!

Completed all the danger zones, speed traps and zones, and the bucket lists yesterday. Still have a few races to do including the Goliath one.

There also this really long circle turn that's like two circles on top of each other, the only car I can keep up with the ai with is the radical, other wise I have to brake for far longer than the ai

Call me petty but it's satisfying when someone tries to ram you off the road when there are parts that don't have guard rails, and they miss and end up just falling themselves. People telegraph when they're gonna do this too much and I just slam on the brakes and they miss almost all the time.

Maybe a silly question but do you gradually unlock the Hot Wheels cars along with the Zonda R etc as you progress with the Hot Wheels challenges?

Maybe a silly question but do you gradually unlock the Hot Wheels cars along with the Zonda R etc as you progress with the Hot Wheels challenges?
Yeah each time you level up a class it gives you a hot wheels car. Not sure about the R etc.

finished everything. (not rivals though)
imo hot wheels expansion is the closest horizon can get to motorsport gameplay, without being motorsport.
hot wheels tracks bring the narrow definition of "road" back in horizon. but with tracks themselves being all out fantasy loop-the-loop, jump, etc.
I give it 10/10

This is driving me nuts. I want stock rear tire width on the back of my hot-rodded '32 Ford, and apparently it's possible as proven by the two photos below. But I've spent an hour trying everything I can think of and I just can't figure out the trick that will give me stock tire width with a fenderless or cycle-fendered/bob-fendered body.

VXR
Hmm, wonder if it's LoD related? Are those two Drivatar cars?
They're player cars, I recognize the names on the license plates. This was a Goliath run with all cars at D100 against my completely stock '32 Ford.

View attachment 646516

For those who don't speak Corporate, "noticed too late to fix before release" translates to "noticed after release when users pointed it out"

Good that they're on it, in any case.
Cynicism and chuckles aside, I can assure you I personally noticed this problem a nearly a month before we released the Hot Wheels expansion, and brought it to the attention of the audio team. To those of you not familiar with game or software development in general, even a month before release there is such a thing as too late to fix when a build is about to be sent into final certification. Do you stop that critical process to fix a mismatched engine audio bug for one out of over 500 cars already in the game, which while unfortunate and potentially embarrassing, is not a game-breaker? No, it gets prioritized relative to other bugs for a future update.

Part of the reason for the cynicism is that audio issues never used to be a part of the Forza series and now with FH3, they are a regular feature.
Hopefully it's just a temporary situation rather than a new reality.

I am absolutely and unconditionally in love with the Zenvo, easily my favourite car from the expansion.

It can almost challenge the second gen R8 as my absolute favourite car in the whole game.

This expansion made me go back to FH2, and start hoping that FH4 will be situated in Japan.

Somehow FH3 feels so pointless to play through. The narrative has an inherent conflict of interest - You're the boss, the organizer of the events, but you're also supposed to win everything? With so much being free - especially if you buy any of the DLC - the campaign just feels utterly lifeless, like a token afterthought.

Maybe they should completely drop any narrative for the next game if they want to keep this up.

The Hot Wheels thing feels like they've literally jumped the shark now too. I can't take the game seriously anymore *at all*.

You're not. At no point in the Single Player campaign is it a mandatory requirement that you win a Festival Race.

You're right on that, but you're always made to feel guilty when you lose, and the restart button is *right there*. It's just so jarring that the player, as the supposed boss of the entire event, is rewarded for winning them, and is encouraged to do so.

You're right on that, but you're always made to feel guilty when you lose, and the restart button is *right there*. It's just so jarring that the player, as the supposed boss of the entire event, is rewarded for winning them, and is encouraged to do so.

I mean, if you're the boss you should at least make yourself look good

The Hot Wheels thing feels like they've literally jumped the shark now too. I can't take the game seriously anymore *at all*.
I understand what you're saying. If the game's not working for you, it's not working for you. I think the difference between us is that I have never taken Horizon seriously. That's why it continues to be my favorite racing game. It's ridiculous and over the top and utter nonsense, and I love it that way. If I want to be serious about a racing game, then I play Forza Motorsport. FM allows me to work on lap times and improve my skills, and FH allows me to just have fun with cars without a lot of pressure.

I understand what you're saying. If the game's not working for you, it's not working for you. I think the difference between us is that I have never taken Horizon seriously. That's why it continues to be my favorite racing game. It's ridiculous and over the top and utter nonsense, and I love it that way. If I want to be serious about a racing game, then I play Forza Motorsport. FM allows me to work on lap times and improve my skills, and FH allows me to just have fun with cars without a lot of pressure.

I can get behind that line of thinking, were it not how well-done FH2 felt in that aspect. It was *the* open road car game. There's something behind a believable experience where you can drive a car over public roads and just enjoy it.

I personally had hoped FH3 would continue that, but somehow it went balls out arcade rather than continue the semi-believable realism from the previous games. It jumped out of it's supposed niche into a genre which is more akin to Trackmania than anything Forza related.

Latest Posts

Back