FH3 Hot Wheels Expansion - Now Available

• Thread starter Justuxful
  • 549 comments
Engine swaps have always been a simple tweaking of the numbers in the physics model; the visual model doesn't change at all.
I'm very much aware of this. However, have you noticed when you swap engines in cars, or do things that would change how the underhood would look, they don't allow you to open the hood in Vista?

View attachment 643992

This is new, having the higher classes gated off by career progression. I hope something like this happens in the next Forza Motorsport title too, as it may help new players learn how to drive a car within their current skill level before they move up a tier.

Yeah this is a cool addition, the original Forza Horizon game had this sort of structure. I feel a greater sense of achievement if I can only access high performance cars later into the campaign mode. :cool:

And thanks to the Track Builder achievement, it is confirmed the track editor will at least grant us the ability to swap stunts! 👍

Very disappointed with this idea for a DLC. Unfortunately it seems that most of the recent games are heading in a different direction to what I prefer. Fallout 4 had lame DLC options that made the season pass a rip-off, as what they gave me I could download in a mod anyway (with the exception of Far Harbor). Then Call of Duty becomes a futuristic wall running game. And now Forza Horizon goes all crazy as well.

However, judging by the likes on You Tube it seems that most people do like the direction, so they are appealing to some sort of audience.

But sdotjoseph said on the official forums- Heck they may as well put floating powerups on the track.

I couldn't agree more...

Last edited:
Someone hasn't seen the CoD: WWII trailer yet...

FWIW, it's a nice escape from the genre's current attitude, which can be summaried as "Serious Business".
Ive seen it, and i as well hate the wall running, WOOOOOH look at me jump call of duty

Someone hasn't seen the CoD: WWII trailer yet...

FWIW, it's a nice escape from the genre's current attitude, which can be summaried as "Serious Business".

I did spend some time looking at the videos on the day they unveiled it. It is nice to see that the wall running rubbish is behind them, but you must admit that was a shocking direction for COD to take, no? Wall running. Really?

I am still disappointed though that the new game is 'oh, let's make it an American campaign. After all, we Americans are the only country that fought in WWII.' Unfortunately Americans still think we all want to be like them. Sigh.

If the Hot Wheels thing is a huge success I wish Playground good luck in the future. Obviously they are judging the market better than me. :) Me, I will be waiting for Pcars 2.

I'm sure it'll be fun as heck, but I feel the same way about this as I did for the GTA Cunning Stunts. It just makes me feel a bit weird about it all.

The way I see it, this gives them the chance to make Horizon the "super fun, casual friendly" series. My only hope is that this gives them the freedom to make Motorsport more focused on competition, sportsmanship and realism. If Motorsport continues to "dumb itself down" as it has over the last few years then that will be a worrying trend for those who have followed the series since the early days.

I did spend some time looking at the videos on the day they unveiled it. It is nice to see that the wall running rubbish is behind them, but you must admit that was a shocking direction for COD to take, no? Wall running. Really?

I am still disappointed though that the new game is 'oh, let's make it an American campaign. After all, we Americans are the only country that fought in WWII.' Unfortunately Americans still think we all want to be like them. Sigh.

If the Hot Wheels thing is a huge success I wish Playground good luck in the future. Obviously they are judging the market better than me. :) Me, I will be waiting for Pcars 2.
Personally, I thought it was a great direction for the series.

Same reason I enjoyed Killzone, it's been the same guns since at least 2000. The same sprint, crouch, prone and AK47 for nearly 20 ****ing years.

I've already been playing the upcoming Call of Duty for years, I have absolutely zero interest in it.

It would be like if Forza kept the exact same car and track list since Forza 2 only updating sounds and graphics since then.

Pretty dumb statement there, you have absolutely no idea what we think.

Relax. I served in the US Military and I don't take any offense to his statement.

No offense taken, just pointing out that it was an ill-informed, overgeneralizing comment.

Moving on, I must have been out of the loop last week. I just saw the Hotwheels trailer on Sunday morning. My initial impression was that it looks familiar to the Wild Run content in The Crew (as others have also stated in this thread), but the more I watched, the more impressed I became. While it does have some similarities to the Stunt Arenas, the Hotwheels content is really it's own thing entirely, it goes around a whole city, around skyscrapers and uses Hot wheels playset pieces that I can find in my son's toy box, like the giant T-Rex head shown in the trailer. I'm looking forward to playing it, in my opinion PG and T10 hit it out of the park with the usage of the Hotwheel's Brand name and it appears to have a fun factor of 10.

It's very ironic to see people say this expansion is copying GTA V and The Crew when Hot Wheels has been around much, much longer than either of those. The fact that there are numerous Hot Wheels video games as well makes it even worse.
Too be fair, I sadly don't even remember the last good Hot Wheels game.

2002? So 14 and a half years ago? That's too long ago.

Turn 10 should just make Forza Hot Wheels, tons of crazy fantasy cars and a track creator.
Turn 10 can do whatever they want, so long as they put the Motorsport back in Motorsport while they're at it :nervous:

Something in the likes of Mechanix cool. But if they were to do something like SF Rush 2049 i think i'd piss myself over excitement.

Back