FIA GT World Championship [S2] | Aboe and SK8RBOI Are Champions!Finished 

Thanks to who ever completely NAILED ME in the first turn for ruining my race! Why is it so hard for people to understand this turn 1 concept??!! Im not even sorry for rage quitting, after someone hits you and ruins your race all motivation and fun is GONE.

I understand your frustration with this @Ryan Lynch. However, in every race that I have attended this season I was hit from behind every time by someone and it always led to me salvaging what I can get. Only race that I haven't gotten hit was at Spa and Laguna (race that I could not attend) There is no sense in acting like a child and rage quitting. Rage quitting is for people who play call of duty this is not call of duty guys. We had two people who did dive bombs in this race. In the sprint it was Rasta in the BMW who dove bomb and ran into me and then I collected Joe. I'm really sorry but I was in it for the ride joe I couldn't do anything about it. We do have several people in AM who can't follow directions when we are told to "give each other room" what I mean is no cheeky moves on each other especially dive bombing. Every race we have a dive bomber someone breaks ranks. But, rage quitting isn't going to solve anything period. I hear people complain about getting damage etc. out of the 10 races that I have done this season so far. I was damaged in 7 races. 2 at Monza, 2 at Suzuka, 2 at Fuji, and 1 once at brands hatch. You don't think me or others are frustrated. Hell yes. Was I able to make come backs in these races? Look at the leader board and where I am at. Racing is racing. Incidents happen in racing all the time. We stewards are working on to try to make the racing here better. However, you have to learn when something happens on track you have to keep racing and not let it get to you. If you got into an incident just keep driving and let us stewards handle it. We will see the incident and take action.

I 2nd this I got hit twice in both races (qualified 3rd for sprint with limited practice impressive),, the old saying goes "you cant win it all in turn 1, but you can loose it all in Turn 1" I normally don't file indecent reports, I get my payback the next round but in this case because of me missing 1 round and not knowing the format change at Mazda which in turn destroyed my potential points means strategically I have to file this time if it gets me some of my should of been earned points back,.. Our AM division has had a lot of incidents but still I love you guys and want to continue to race with the guys that I'm driving with now but we got to learn to break early for turn 1 and to not try to make up places because someone is being cautious thru turn 1; so another driver tries to monopolies on this. That and these late breaker duels into turn 1. As of now I'm officially starting dead last at The Nurburg rd because all the guys whom qualify in the back end up on podium drivers in the end, and the drivers who work on their pace 9not saying others don't) lose it all at turn 1. To make matter worse today I dropped out (DC) of the AM room after driving back up to 4th (because of open pit windows) then went over to the Pro room to watch and dropped again so with that being said I don't think it was the host connection but mine. Anyways see you guys for the last rd at this point I wish is was for double points but it is what it is,..
----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry i haven't raced yesterday , My internet just stopped , all the cables were pluged correcly and its just stopped.

Report: The worst weekend 💡
After 1,5 hour practicing I was feeling good in the car and about the track. But as in real racing not everything works every time. My screen froze at the loading screen for qualification. That meant restarting PS3, missing the quali and the sprint race. Stewards, am I getting points for 9th place as DNF?

The endurance race: I was aiming at 5-6 place after knowing my pace. Unfortunately, a chain salami incident at Turn 10 where Cod hit smsdry and spun, causing problems. So four cars behind Cod got severe damage and needed to pit. From then on it was a nice battle with pj-mm though our pace was the same. We both made mistakes but I could not capitalize on that and finished 8th behind him.

I weekend to forget :).

Nordschelife will be fun, many place to make an error and terminal damage :D

Report: The worst weekend 💡
After 1,5 hour practicing I was feeling good in the car and about the track. But as in real racing not everything works every time. My screen froze at the loading screen for qualification. That meant restarting PS3, missing the quali and the sprint race. Stewards, am I getting points for 9th place as DNF?

The endurance race: I was aiming at 5-6 place after knowing my pace. Unfortunately, a chain salami incident at Turn 10 where Cod hit smsdry and spun, causing problems. So four cars behind Cod got severe damage and needed to pit. From then on it was a nice battle with pj-mm though our pace was the same. We both made mistakes but I could not capitalize on that and finished 8th behind him.

I weekend to forget :).

Nordschelife will be fun, many place to make an error and terminal damage :D
Unfortunately no, as you did not start the race nor the qualifying you get a DNS, which means no points.

Quali : 5th
Sprint : 6th
Enduro : 6th

Quali was better than i expected.
Sprint was clear, i was almost alone during the full race, i can't follow CodDemon, smsdry overtake me at the end.
First turn in enduro was good, i was still 6th after first turn, unfortunatly CodDemon and smsdry had troubles in turn 10, i hit CodDemon then all drivers behind me was damaged too, i was 6th i finished 6th, the results is finally not so bad but i can't fight for 5th and i was alone during 35lp, this race was boring for me.

@GTP_SkyBridge in endurance lap 1 turn 10 I didn't spin, I just hit sms but barely no damage to either of us and I got a weird angle into the corner causing creole to just tap me but enough to cause damage

Yeah, a racing incident. Anyway, this was the most boring race by far. The track is lovely to drive on but very little battles were at place, do not know why. Seems like everyone was running their lonely "practice" race.

Yesterday was just bad luck after bad luck. My transmission was set to automatic for all of qualifying and the sprint, which was absolutely awful. I could barely post a lap or drive the car with any pace in the sprint.

Got caught up in an incident that happened in front of me at the chicane on lap 1 in the endurance, which sent me into the pits on lap 1. After that it was more or less just a cruise to the end, keeping BerbatovGTR at bay. Good scrap, by the way, if only that Lexus wasn't so slow in a straight line.

I suppose it's a solid first race in that there were few mistakes made, and that I wasn't miles off the pace at one of my worst tracks in the game. There are a lot of positives to take into the future. That Audi is ridiculous, though.

Round 6: Fuji

It's those pesky twos again :D

Quali: 2nd
Sprint: 2nd
Enduro: 2nd

Quali
First lap was pretty solid but I missed the braking point for T1 on the second flying lap which meant I was already about 7 tenths down at the first sector so I just pulled off the road at T4 and let the clock run down. 2nd place was pretty decent given there were 3 Audis on the grid.

Sprint
This race was pretty much a procession from start to finish, at least it was to look at. But, after getting away reasonably well and holding onto second through the first few corners, I was constantly under pressure from Gabguss and Cod behind him, so it was anything but straightforward. The gap between myself and Gabguss was ebbing and flowing but generally the gap was getting smaller and smaller as the race progressed, especially toward the end. He'd done well to close up to within a second going into the final lap but went just a little too wide out of T3 and that gave me the breathing space needed to hold onto second, meaning only one point conceded to eol in the fight for the Championship... Grats on the win eol - solid drive from flag to flag.

Enduro
At the start I initially lost out to Gabguss going into T1 but as he had to take the tighter inside line I managed to get better drive than him out of the corner and regain second, for a while. From then on the race is actually a bit of a blur but I do remember that eol was pulling away a lot and then him pitting quite early for his mediums. I think I was actually one of the last people to come in for my first stop. I saw crelou come in on the same lap, yet again (we don't plan this, promise! :lol:)
When I came out I was in 4th iirc, just ahead of Gabguss and Peter, having lost out to Cod and smsdry, who both had good pace. And from then on it was just a case of keeping the car on the track. I knew for sure that Cod would be pitting again but also that it was a possibility that Gabguss could take me, so was settling for a 4th at this point. But then I'm surprised that I'm managing to pull away from Gabguss and also that race leader eol pits for a second time, handing me 2nd. During this time I'm catching up to smsdry but also losing bags of time to eol, who's flying on the mediums.
As the race end approaches, and with smsdry in the lead a few seconds up the road, I notice that the timer to signal the end of the race is desperately close to giving us another lap and that eol is fighting hard to catch and pass me. Also, we're all catching Argo1... smsdry makes the pass towards the end of what I'm hoping is going to be the final lap, and then, out of the final corner, I close up on him as well, but also have eol right on my tail. At this point I'm checking my mirrors, the road ahead, my revs and also the countdown timer whilst making sure to stay in Argo's draft and hoping smsdry crosses the line after the timer reaches 0.
A big smile spreads across my face as I realise that smsdry isn't going to get across the line in time to give us another lap and that eol isn't going to have enough straight to make use of the draft, meaning I get to hold onto second, thanks in part to Argo's draft on the final straight.

Top three separated by under two seconds after an hour of racing :D

Grats to smsdry on the good tactics he employed to get the win 👍

Onto Nurb... 2 hours of green hell added to the fact that I will almost certainly be mentally drained by this point due to the GTP Spa24H race which I'll be taking part in on the same weekend (no sleep :lol:), mean that this is gonna be one tough race :nervous:

Looking forward to it though :D

Well what can I say about this race, I guess it finished when things were getting pretty exciting, one more lap and we never know who could have won, the fact is, we didn't have that other lap and sms was the winner, a well deserved victory conquered with a good strategy!

Actually there's not much to say in regards to the Sprint/Enduro at least seeing things from my POV, there were not many battles going on throughout the race as well as the Sprint. I managed to do solid laps in Qualification and grabbed the pole, started in front and with the Audi I know I have good starts. Sprint was very "calm" for the guys in front, pretty much everyone had good pace and were consistent on the lap times (I guess the track helps in that, it is very wide and not that technical). I actually was a bit sad when I saw that Berbatov crashed right after Quali started and then rejoined, I know the feeling as it has happened to me in other races.

First part of the Enduro was pretty similar to the Sprint, what changed was the things after that, the lenght of the race and of course the pit strategies, props to aboe and sms for doing the right choices as for me I guess I'm failing in that department :P
I tried a different strategy in comparison to last race in Laguna and again I had to be flat out after pit stops in order to make up time, this time it was really close but not enough, I believe I was the quickest on the track and didn't make any mistakes during the race but lost too much time on pits, after my last pit I was in 4th place behind Gabguss and we were behind for like 12~13 seconds, I have to thank Gab for not defending his position by that time, I guess he knew I would be faster considering I had fresh rubber on my car, from that point there was 13~14 minutes to finish the race and so much time to recover, I tried everything and I was pulling mid 1:35's all the time and it was not enough. Last laps I had clear sight on aboe and sms and I was praying for another lap, by the time I caught them it was too late, my only hope in last lap was to overtake aboe in the last straight but unfortunately for me he caught Argo's draft and it was enough to secure his 2nd position. It was pretty exciting that last lap and I felt a huge rush of adrenaline, I guess the best was saved for the end of the race!

Again I wanna congratulate sms for the great win and aboe for another consistent race! Now I'm looking forward to Nurburgring race, it's my favourite track and I'm hoping to see crelou do well there, also Gabguss :)

I have been looking for cars and Ifound the dDiablo GT2 race car. Maybe a car you should consider for sseason3?

I have been looking for cars and Ifound the dDiablo GT2 race car. Maybe a car you should consider for sseason3?

I think it's unlikely. I tried driving with that car quite recently and it really is quite poor, performance wise. Shame though, as it looks pretty good. I think the fact that it comes from an earlier era which utilised a lot less aero than do the current cars is one of the main reasons for it's lack of performance.

AM LOBBY OPEN

OPPS accidentally unplugged the power cord when I was checking if all my cords were plugged in

edit: alright lobby re-opened
Given what I'm thinking your username represents, I take it you Kamehameha-ed the power cord?:dopey:

Awesome. What region are you in. I'm in the South Jersey Region.

Going back to my roots from 20 years ago in the Reno SCCA.
Blue Mountain a.k.a. the Hillclimb Region here. :D

That race at the N24 course will be a imposing task in it's own right. One miscue can increase your laptime by at least 50%!:scared:

Given what I'm thinking your username represents, I take it you Kamehameha-ed the power cord?:dopey:

hahaha someone actually got it lol Yea I kinda kamehameha-ed the power cord then realized that spirit bombing it would have been a better choice:lol:

FIA GTWC Attendance List for Nurburgring 24H FINALE Event

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING

NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED

CodDemon101 - UNSURE IF I WILL MAKE IT
Michouw
GTP_SkyBridge
aboe
Leoni Dias
Husqvarman
yuc2002
JakeKing39
crelou
RacingLine
pyrates
CAMikaze
smsdry
Gabguss
FLEURY
Pedro Martins
Ross76 (R)
HAMILTONR (R)
Peter. (R)
Argo1 (R)

(R) = Reserve

------------------------------------------------------------------------

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING

NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED

bcd73
joetruckv8
SK8RBOI
Toshost
Rasta4889
GTP Ziggy
Ryan Lynch
1Lambofan
RodeRuner1967
racefan88
Brutaka
SSJGZWarrior
-vinc'-
Shahar
Wavey2014
BAKEMISTER

TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE, REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE TAKE OFF QUOTE MARKS AND ADD YOUR NAME IN EITHER OPTIONS. MAKE SURE YOU ARE REPLYING TO THE LASTEST ONE! OTHERWISE THE LIST WILL NOT BE CORRECT... IF YOU CANNOT DO SO ASK THE STAFF TO DO IT FOR YOU.

AM PLEASE REVIEW RULES AND REGULATIONS!

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
crelou

NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED

CodDemon101 - UNSURE IF I WILL MAKE IT
Michouw
GTP_SkyBridge
aboe
Leoni Dias
Husqvarman
yuc2002
JakeKing39
RacingLine
pyrates
CAMikaze
smsdry
Gabguss
FLEURY
Pedro Martins
Ross76 (R)
HAMILTONR (R)
Peter. (R)
Argo1 (R)

(R) = Reserve

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING

NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED

bcd73
joetruckv8
SK8RBOI
Toshost
Rasta4889
GTP Ziggy
Ryan Lynch
1Lambofan
RodeRuner1967
racefan88
Brutaka
SSJGZWarrior
-vinc'-
Shahar
Wavey2014
BAKEMISTER

TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE, REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE TAKE OFF QUOTE MARKS AND ADD YOUR NAME IN EITHER OPTIONS. MAKE SURE YOU ARE REPLYING TO THE LASTEST ONE! OTHERWISE THE LIST WILL NOT BE CORRECT... IF YOU CANNOT DO SO ASK THE STAFF TO DO IT FOR YOU.

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
crelou

NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED
@CodDemon101 - UNSURE IF I WILL MAKE IT
@Michouw
@GTP_SkyBridge
@aboe
@Leoni Dias
@Husqvarman
@yuc2002
@JakeKing39
@RacingLine
@pyrates
@CAMikaze
@smsdry
@Gabguss
@FLEURY
@Pedro Martins
@Ross76 (R)
@HAMILTONR (R)
@Peter. (R)
@Argo1 (R)

(R) = Reserve

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED
@bcd73
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@Toshost
@Rasta4889
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@RodeRuner1967
@racefan88
@Brutaka

@-vinc'-
@Shahar
@Wavey2014
@BAKEMISTER

I think it's unlikely. I tried driving with that car quite recently and it really is quite poor, performance wise. Shame though, as it looks pretty good. I think the fact that it comes from an earlier era which utilised a lot less aero than do the current cars is one of the main reasons for it's lack of performance.
What about the Mclaren F1 GTR?

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
crelou
aboe

NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED
@CodDemon101 - UNSURE IF I WILL MAKE IT
@Michouw
@GTP_SkyBridge
@Leoni Dias
@Husqvarman
@yuc2002
@JakeKing39
@RacingLine
@pyrates
@CAMikaze
@smsdry
@Gabguss
@FLEURY
@Pedro Martins
@Ross76 (R)
@HAMILTONR (R)
@Peter. (R)
@Argo1 (R)

(R) = Reserve

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED
@bcd73
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@Toshost
@Rasta4889
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@RodeRuner1967
@racefan88
@Brutaka

@-vinc'-
@Shahar
@Wavey2014
@BAKEMISTER

Seems like @aboe has the PRO title in the bag, great job!

Well, there's still some work to do, but it looks promising atm. Not sure exactly how many points are needed to secure the title but I think it's just a few given the gap.

Am sure, though, that if yourself and Michouw had been present at all races the table would look a lot different. Also, eol's late arrival more-or-less put him on the back foot from the beginning of his FIA GTWC career. He's making it tough for me though.

Latest Posts

Back