FIA GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km | Saturday 17th March | Results posted

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 227 comments

If we did another, which track would you want it to be held at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joshua1994
Really debating as whether to sign up for this or not, which is really last minute, but it looks promising! Just I wont sign up if it means you guys will have to split to running 2 rooms as i'm reading you're all trying to fit into one room?

đź‘Ť One room that's right.

I'll have a room up tomorrow until quali deadline. Sorry I haven't been able to get a room up today ;(

đź‘Ť One room that's right.

I'll have a room up tomorrow until quali deadline. Sorry I haven't been able to get a room up today ;(

Alright cool, wish you guys all the best then! đź‘Ť

We should be able to work something out monkeyboy4q, I am also looking at doing my qualification soon. I'll start a room up around that time if no one else already has and will post the room number in here.

JTV, I'll run quali and watch your run this afternoon. I haven't done a lap in the Corvette yet (:scared:), but I'll get a little practice before 3:00 PM PST and then give it a shot. I'm definitely up to speed on the track with countless LMP laps. If I don't make the cutoff then that's OK as I'm not 100% anyway.

I assume we are required to run quali in a "public lobby" as opposed to a private lounge or does it matter?

So the rain is falling which is good news for the baseball game being cancelled. Bad news is I discovered/suspect a faulty line/splitter/something in my cable connection and now that it's raining (after no rain most of winter) my internet speed has dropped dramatically and got DC'd twice this week after no DC's in a year! So I guess you can say the rain is a mixed blessing.

Most people I think qualify in a public room so that is preferred but it really doesn't matter. :)

Corvette Z06 > GT Auto > Race Mod

Specification:
Power: 504 BHP
Weight: 1150 kg
PP: 607
Aero: 35 / 60 (maximum)
Drivetrain: FR

Modifications:
Body Colour: Any sensible colour (e.g. Rally Yellow, pictured)
Rims: Stock design. Paint them Silver (not chrome)

Body/Chassis: 60 kg ballast (recommended position +50)
Engine: Power limiter @ 87.5%
Intake System: Sports intake Manifold, Racing air filter
Exhaust: Sports exhaust Manifold

I've set the Corvette Z06 to specs and I have 513 HP and 610 PP. Are the stats in the OP from a fully broken in car? Titanium Racing Exhaust is installed and not on the list, but it's standard with the race mods I think. Are parts like carbon drive shaft allowed?

Here's a pic of the settings screen:

z06.jpg

What on Earth. I swear my car has the exact same settings sheet as yours (apart from the suspension etc of course) but has different bhp and PP figures. My corvette has 196 miles on it (fully broken in) and is oil changed. And yeah all drivetrain parts are legal (LSD etc).

For your car to have more power with the exact same power llimit is beyond me.

My vette has 576 bhp and 624 PP at 100% power.

Any one else have any ideas? :s

Edit: a 9 bhp difference or there abouts is the bhp given from a Catalytic Converter: Sports. Do you have that equipped? And what's your maximum rpm?

Check the exhaust. Not all RM's come with Racing exhaust.

Edit: Or maybe you tried a different exhaust Aderrm and didn't notice when creating the thread?

That is a good point. I think the Vette already has the racing exhaust equipped when you buy it (at least, the power doesn't change when you tick the box to equip it). But my box is checked for the Titanium Racing Exhaust which is the only one to choose from.

I read somewhere(a long time ago) that adding parts before Race Modding a car can lead to a reduction in overall power, oil change before adding RM maybe similar.
The difference in metric and imperial HP could possibly account for some of the difference though 9hp sounds to much for that alone.

I'm at 505HP & 608 PP and only 98 miles on the car. If I add the Sports Converter then I jump to 513HP / 609

That is a good point. I think the Vette already has the racing exhaust equipped when you buy it (at least, the power doesn't change when you tick the box to equip it). But my box is checked for the Titanium Racing Exhaust which is the only one to choose from.

The Titanium Racing Exhaust is checked and there isn't another option just like your setup.

What on Earth. I swear my car has the exact same settings sheet as yours (apart from the suspension etc of course) but has different bhp and PP figures. My corvette has 196 miles on it (fully broken in) and is oil changed. And yeah all drivetrain parts are legal (LSD etc).

For your car to have more power with the exact same power llimit is beyond me.

My vette has 576 bhp and 624 PP at 100% power.

Any one else have any ideas? :s

Edit: a 9 bhp difference or there abouts is the bhp given from a Catalytic Converter: Sports. Do you have that equipped? And what's your maximum rpm?

I have the Catalytic Converter: Standard checked at these specs. Adding the Sports version increases the HP to 520 and PP to 612. The red line RPM is just over 7250 and it hits the limiter about 7750.

At 100% power I'm at 586 HP and 627 PP.

I have 286.3 miles on it. Should I share it and see what you guys see?

The Titanium Racing Exhaust is checked and there isn't another option just like your setup.

I have the Catalytic Converter: Standard checked at these specs. Adding the Sports version increases the HP to 520 and PP to 612. The red line RPM is just over 7250 and it hits the limiter about 7750.

At 100% power I'm at 586 HP and 627 PP.

I have 286.3 miles on it. Should I share it and see what you guys see?

Yeah you could try sharing it. You can see your limiter rpm on the graph Max Power/Torque. Mine shows 0 rpm to 7800 rpm (so probs same as yours).

Only thing I can think of right now is HP v BHP. I don't know the exact differences (if there are any) but 9 bhp is quite a bit.

Also, we have 22 drivers right now. Should we do 1 room or 2 rooms? 1 room means some people will miss out, but you're competing against more cars in your class. 2 rooms means I let as many people join up until 3pm GMT tomorrow, we may only still have around 22, in which case you will only be competing against 5 or 6 cars in your class for an hour. We may also have connection problems with 1 room of 16.

1 room of 16.

or

2 rooms of 10+?

Last edited:
OK, I put the car online so someone can take a look at it. Adam, you have an incoming friend request.

I'll start using another to practice... JTV -- I may have to delay qualifying as I have to get these specs straight before I can make a run. Also still working on a tune... :scared:

Is ok Tim, Monkeyboy and I have run qually at the same time and saved replay. Will check his lap and post time here? also PM Aderrm with the time. I have forgotten my google log in and am unsure if I could edit spreadsheet any way.

P.S. Room Closed

Is ok Tim, Monkeyboy and I have run qually at the same time and saved replay. Will check his lap and post time here? also PM Aderrm with the time. I have forgotten my google log in and am unsure if I could edit spreadsheet any way.

P.S. Room Closed

Are you an official race steward? Hopefully you guys had one in the room with you or the laps won't count.

Are you an official race steward? Hopefully you guys had one in the room with you or the laps won't count.

Qualifying:

Your lap must be watched and verified by a fellow participant.

Monkeyboy-4q: 2'21.715
Both flying laps clean đź‘Ť

Also, we have 22 drivers right now. Should we do 1 room or 2 rooms? 1 room means some people will miss out, but you're competing against more cars in your class. 2 rooms means I let as many people join up until 3pm GMT tomorrow, we may only still have around 22, in which case you will only be competing against 5 or 6 cars in your class for an hour. We may also have connection problems with 1 room of 16.

1 room of 16.

or

2 rooms of 10+?

Could take roll to see who's definitely going to be there tomorrow and go from there. For a 1-off special event I'd really prefer a big grid. But rooms > 14 always make me nervous so I would avoid the one 16 option. If a roll said that we're only going to have ~18 or so though... I'd probably have to say big room of 16 is worth the risk versus 2 9s.

Any west coasters here going to qualify later tonight? I'd like to make my run tonight rather than get up at 7:00 AM pacific time tomorrow to qualify.

Not sure what to do about my car specs not matching the OP though. I'm breaking in a 2nd car, but I'm guessing it's going to end up at the same stats.

Thanks Jon... it probably won't be until after I get my kids to bed... so maybe 3 hours from now or 8:30 PST. If you aren't online that's cool. I'll just try to make my run in the morning (or I'll just stay in bed and skip it :sly:).

I may have to rerun anyway if the specs of the car end up having to change.

Back