FIA Online Championship 2015

• Thread starter F1jocker12
  • 191 comments
Well most likely it could be about the new FIA. Maybe sony will work with the FIA to create the new mode
It could also mean that it has progressed further than we realize/speculate and it's just funny to him because he knows something we don't. He has a lot more experience than I do. But whenever I'm working on a really cool project I'm like.:D "I know something that you want to know, but I can't tell you!" :sly::lol:

Thanks to @Johnnypenso for getting my attention in the other thread with his "6 days to go" message and the link to the news article.

I dug up this image from the article. You will see that the image shows a menu that looks a lot like the career mode form GT5P/GT5 and GT6, but it looks different. A few weeks ago we discovered the title, "Gran Turismo Sport" Which some people speculated that it was the FIA Championship thing. The timing is right too, Spring 2015. I was skeptical about Gran Turismo Sport even being real, it was exciting to get a little bit of a tease. But the facts keep piling up. Its still speculation but I am convinced that the name we saw is real, and that it does have to do with the FIA. There were too many coincidences to ignore their interconnections.
s_fia07-1-640x426.jpg

It could also mean that it has progressed further than we realize/speculate and it's just funny to him because he knows something we don't. He has a lot more experience than I do. But whenever I'm working on a really cool project I'm like. :D "I know something that you want to know, but I can't tell you!" :sly: :lol:

Thanks to @Johnnypenso for getting my attention in the other thread with his "6 days to go" message and the link to the news article.

I dug up this image from the article. You will see that the image shows a menu that looks a lot like the career mode form GT5P/GT5 and GT6, but it looks different. A few weeks ago we discovered the title, "Gran Turismo Sport" Which some people speculated that it was the FIA Championship thing. The timing is right too, Spring 2015. I was skeptical about Gran Turismo Sport even being real, it was exciting to get a little bit of a tease. But the facts keep piling up. Its still speculation but I am convinced that the name we saw is real, and that it does have to do with the FIA. There were too many coincidences to ignore their interconnections.
s_fia07-1-640x426.jpg
Well this looks interesting... It a lot like a menu you would find in a GT game. So I am the only one who believes that this is legit and will be included sometime?

ive just seen this, so excuse my late boarding of the train.
:)

This looks awesome. Would be incredibly exciting to compete at the top level of online racing like this.

hahaha imagine being at the FIA awards night. Much akward as you collect your winning trophey.
Would certainly be a way into a F1 teams simation driving program i guess...

This looks awesome. Would be incredibly exciting to compete at the top level of online racing like this.

hahaha imagine being at the FIA awards night. Much akward as you collect your winning trophey.
Even more so for me because I got 32nd in GTA and the top 27 are busy in the next few weeks. :)

... Well this thread looks dead, whatever happened to this new series anyways... I would really like an update on it. It sounded so awesome. :grumpy:

I meant the Kaz soon!
Now now!, you know what happened with the maintenance threads.
It will arrive when both PD and the FIA deem it is ready.

This is the issue with approximating dates.
State a date and fail to fulfill it within that time frame ... people complain.
Don't state a time frame ... people complain.

It's coming.
Appreciate the complexities for what they are and remain patient.
It will come later.

This is what waiting for FIA online and course maker feels like.

ani-sw_almost_there.gif

Can you imagine the betting community? FiA virtual racers travel the world competing in simulators. Like chess player world titles. It could happen.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the betting community? FiA virtual racers travel the world competing in simulators. Like chess player world titles. It could happen.

I think it opens alot of doors and we could spend hours evaluating the potential of the sport.
Paid drivers... pay drivers. International teams...

I think im good at driving the cars but sometimes i dont nail the setups or perhaps an too impatient for it.
I could Form a racing team, if money is involved would we see manufacturers competing with there own virtual cars...

either way.. very exciting stuff

I was trying to remember the latest news we had related to "GT6", and came to my mind this: FIA online championship, coming on spring 2015...When will that be? I'm starting to think it's more vaporware.
Why advertise it so long before you have something concrete, knowing that the fans have criticized this approach in the past with other features that are still waiting for years?
since June we had the following updates: a sculpture and some vision gt cars. In the meanwhile Turn 10 announced full details of forza horizon 2 and forza 6, Project CARS received patch 3.0 and announced Project car 2, Assetto Corsa upgrades his version every 2 months and is ready to launch his second dream pack.
We will have to wait until December 5 (Playstation Experience)?

I would not be mad if their focus is on GT7 right now. In my opinion, GT6 was a fail on so many levels. Maybe we'll get some news about GT6 or hopefully GT7 at TGS, at least I hope they talk about something concrete about GT6 or GT7, at this point it doesn't matter as long as it's about GT. And if they do, I really hope they won't say "soon" as a date because "soon" doesn't make anyone optimistic about GT anymore.

Back