FIA Online Championship 2015

• Thread starter F1jocker12
  • 191 comments
The lack of interest in the much overdo FIA Championship feature for GT6 is intriguing. I thought this was a popular and highly anticipated feature.

Just had a theory, had to share with somebody...

What if these incoming VGTs (Bugatti and Hyundai) will form along with the Mazda VGT a new Class of racing that will be used in the FIA Championships inside the game?

Although the Bugatti and Hyundai weren't revealed, they appear to be some kind of LM prototypes, just like Mazda's own VGT...

I don't know, but that seems to be quite possible to me

Going even further into my theory they are delaying the Course Maker because they are creating new tracks that will be used in the Championships with the CM. Soooo we are going to have a Championship with the tracks that are FIA certified plus new ones created specially for the Championships.

We could even have another class in form of the Toyota and Lexus VGTs as wel...

I know, I know nothing of this is going to happen, still had to share with you!

What if these incoming VGTs (Bugatti and Hyundai) will form along with the Mazda VGT a new Class of racing that will be used in the FIA Championships inside the game?

Although the Bugatti and Hyundai weren't revealed, they appear to be some kind of LM prototypes, just like Mazda's own VGT...

Going even further into my theory they are delaying the Course Maker because they are creating new tracks that will be used in the Championships with the CM. Soooo we are going to have a Championship with the tracks that are FIA certified plus new ones created specially for the Championships.

Seems a bit difficult to happen, but makes sense for me. 👍

I find it hard to believe that PD went that far in their thinking process. :lol:

That being said, it would be pretty cool and really surprising if they did think like that. But I wouldn't have much fun with the cars because they don't have an interior view. But on the CM side of your theory, it'd be really fun if they made tracks that are FIA certified.

Why would so much be made of the accuracy of the tracks for the FIA licence be made then only to use fake cars?

Please step away from the pipe. The course maker won't see the light of day. Somebody's lawyer said bad words in their direction, & that is most likely the end of the story. It is the only thing that really makes sense.

That makes no sense at all. Previously when there was a legal issue over the Deltawing, they stopped advertising that car straight away. They have never removed the course editor from their website and Kaz has always had something to say about it when asked. If it was gone he wouldn't say a word.

It wouldn't hurt them to at least give some kind of update regarding the game every couple weeks or so. That's what every single other developer does.

Polyphony Digital communicates only when things are concrete, when things are ready to come out.

One should get used to it

Polyphony Digital communicates only when things are concrete, when things are ready to come out.

One should get used to it
Kaz says hello.
“Yes. In regards to the course maker, it is cutting it really close as to whether or not it will make it in time for day one or not for GT6. It’s definitely going to be there, but whether or not it will be available from day one I’m just not really sure right now.

Kazunori Yamauchi then gave a presentation regarding the partnership with the FIA. One of the topics was regarding the FIA certifications for safety and precision of our racetracks, making our tracks in the game the first virtual racing tracks in the world to be certified by the FIA. The other was an overview of an FIA online championship planned to start in spring of 2015.

Polyphony Digital communicates only when things are concrete,
Mhm...
First, Kazunori, I’d like to talk about your recent comments on the possible size of Course Maker tracks – when you mentioned they could cover an area of over 2,500 kilometers.
“Yes, originally it was said there would be 100×100, then we said 50×50 kilometers.
“Going by the latest info I’m getting from our development staff, it might end up being closer to 20×20. That is still very large – the Nurburgring is about 5×5 kilometers in the game, so it is quite a lot of space.”
He doesn't even know about his own team's developments!

And...
Will players have more control over the tracks they can create in GT6, compared to GT5?
...it is cutting it really close as to whether or not it will make it in time for day one or not for GT6. It’s definitely going to be there, but whether or not it will be available from day one I’m just not really sure right now.

Because 600 days after game launch is "cutting it really close."

Why would so much be made of the accuracy of the tracks for the FIA licence be made then only to use fake cars?

But the idea is that they will use both the real tracks and the created ones...

I remember Famine saying that there was a reason for delaying the CM. It might be because they are creating new tracks with it for FIA and are waiting for FIA approval/certification to put it into the game

I see no reason why CM tracks would be used.

The original press release was because Kaz had been invited to an FIA meeting due to the fact certain GT tracks had been FIA approved.

Yes, it's taking its time and well over-due.
But I'm not surprised considering the FIA are putting their name to it.

Don't forget, it's been said the events in GT6 will be an abridged version.
I don't anticipate anything other then a taster.
But at this point, I still do anticipate something.

Unless FIA are certifying just about everything in GT6, I wouldn't be surprised to see CM tracks in the championship. As for those fantasy cars, frankly I'd love it if the Citroen GT, FT-1 GT, the forthcoming Bugatti and whatever else were homologated/BoP'ed and could race against each other. Whatever form the FIA Championships take, I'm hoping there will be classes running from GT4 on up. And, dare I say it, I'd love to see some racing versions of the RUFs in lieu of Porsche, as other games like P CARS have done.

Conspiracy Tenner says, I'm beginning to hold out slim but growing hope that if nothing comes of both CM and the FIA events this year, GT7 will show up in 2016. And GT fan Tenner says, after racing around in Forza and some choice PC sims, I would really prefer to see both CM and FIA events on GT7. Or Gran Turismo Sport, there is that...

As maligned as GT6 is around here, it's still plenty good enough to host reasonably satisfying racing series, as our own racing forum shows. So I'm anticipating something by late fall in regard to both CM and FIA Championships. But suppose neither happens? I'd be happy if GT Sport is a game using the GT7 engine and some of its assets - and legacy GT assets upgraded - in a format rather like P CARS but with more cars. It could serve as a platform for the usual Gran Turismo style racing off- or online, as well as GT Academy and the FIA events. Or who knows, it's also possible that much of PD has been working like mad on GT7 even before GT6 shipped and that's why it's about as half-azzed as GT5. And GT7 will be going gold next year, and CM and FIA events will be in it. Either way, anything done for GT7 and its engine on PS4 is going to outclass whatever they will produce for GT6.

It's a though, and that's what this place is supposed to be about, right? ;)

Why? Unless you have some solid reasoning behind it, that doesn't make any sense.

There's a solid reasoning behind it.

“I’m not sure how we’ll do it right now. I think on Gran Turismo 6 it’ll be something like a pre-season series, and it’s more realistic to say we’ll have the complete series in Gran Turismo 7.

Although there's probably a year or so til the next installment, and initially they said "spring" as pointed some posts above but the official statement in the website says "2015", so there's 3 months still and GT Academy season is still going, it's reasonable to not overlap both.

You think FIA doesn't care about getting fans all excited about something they can participate in, and then tossing it? ;)

Like I posted above, if GT7 isn't too far off, I'd actually prefer it if the FIA thing is put off for that game. The way that RaceRoom handles racing is much more along the lines of what I'd expect of a FIA sponsored partnership, though I'd think they might want to go even a bit farther with it. So I'm thinking a whole new Gran Turismo would have to be built with the FIA events in mind.

Back