FIA Online Championship 2015

• Thread starter F1jocker12
  • 191 comments
If it begins Spring in the southern hemisphere, that begins September 1.
ce572c37130f787dae6f295d64cdd27c7dec612a554a462dd4c337479ad17606.jpg

Summer starts June 21st in the Northern Hemisphere.

Surprised there's not more people wondering where this is. You think it would be wanted more than the coarse maker. Could June be a HUGE month for updates? Hmmmm.
This wanted more than the CM? I just don't see that.

I have been wondering where this is and why more people haven't as well but you know the moment it does happen, if it does, if it is before CM is released... huge mobs of angry posters will set this place on fire.

This wanted more than the CM? I just don't see that.

I have been wondering where this is and why more people haven't as well but you know the moment it does happen, if it does, if it is before CM is released... huge mobs of angry posters will set this place on fire.

I too have been looking forward to this but haven't said much because, well, why. (shrugs) I mean, what good is it going to do to bitch about its absence in the game so far. We see how good that does in relation to the course maker.....all the crying and complaining in the world isn't going to make it come any faster which is my outlook on this F1 deal. Just waiting to see what happens with it.

Quote from the Eurogamer-interview mentioned in a GTP-news item: “I’m not sure how we’ll do it right now. I think on Gran Turismo 6 it’ll be something like a pre-season series, and it’s more realistic to say we’ll have the complete series in Gran Turismo 7.”

If GT7 is not on anyone's radar to be released until late 2016 at the earliest, they would have to drag out this pre-season series on GT6 for a really long time, if they launched it this spring. That comment was made mid-2014, so as they have probably moved their GT7-release plans back since then, so might have the plans for the start of the FIA Championship.

An official FIA online competition open to everyone that rewards them quite handsomely wouldn't be hugely popular? I think you're mistaken.
How do we know it would reward hansomely?

Obviously it's just my opinion that people want CM more. Could be right, could be wrong... but that is a feature people have been waiting for since day 1.

I'm thinking that with the huge success and growth of the GTPlanet Endurance series. The FIA just decided to watch in on that and see what it would be like. But that's just speculation and its 4 30 in the morning. So I don't know if that sounds stupid or not. lol

It is now summer, and yet there is still absolute silence from the FIA and PD. Did they lie about this or just poor communication as always?

...Well, at least he didn't say "soon"...:indiff:
Well he laughed about it. So... this quote can very easily be exported over to the meme thread. :lol:

IMO the laugh represents a lack of progress. Or possibly even a cancellation of the whole thing. Or maybe we are just being watched secretly by the FIA to see what quality of racing we have in live streamed series like GTP ES.

I wonder if it was one if those whistful ' it seemed like a good idea at the time but won't work out' kind of Ka laughs?
It could also mean that it has progressed further than we realize/speculate and it's just funny to him because he knows something we don't. He has a lot more experience than I do. But whenever I'm working on a really cool project I'm like. :D "I know something that you want to know, but I can't tell you!" :sly: :lol:

Thanks to @Johnnypenso for getting my attention in the other thread with his "6 days to go" message and the link to the news article.

I dug up this image from the article. You will see that the image shows a menu that looks a lot like the career mode form GT5P/GT5 and GT6, but it looks different. A few weeks ago we discovered the title, "Gran Turismo Sport" Which some people speculated that it was the FIA Championship thing. The timing is right too, Spring 2015. I was skeptical about Gran Turismo Sport even being real, it was exciting to get a little bit of a tease. But the facts keep piling up. Its still speculation but I am convinced that the name we saw is real, and that it does have to do with the FIA. There were too many coincidences to ignore their interconnections.
s_fia07-1-640x426.jpg

Last edited:
It could also mean that it has progressed further than we realize/speculate and it's just funny to him because he knows something we don't. He has a lot more experience than I do. But whenever I'm working on a really cool project I'm like. :D "I know something that you want to know, but I can't tell you!" :sly: :lol:

Thanks to @Johnnypenso for getting my attention in the other thread with his "6 days to go" message and the link to the news article.

I dug up this image from the article. You will see that the image shows a menu that looks a lot like the career mode form GT5P/GT5 and GT6, but it looks different. A few weeks ago we discovered the title, "Gran Turismo Sport" Which some people speculated that it was the FIA Championship thing. The timing is right too, Spring 2015. I was skeptical about Gran Turismo Sport even being real, it was exciting to get a little bit of a tease. But the facts keep piling up. Its still speculation but I am convinced that the name we saw is real, and that it does have to do with the FIA. There were too many coincidences to ignore their interconnections.
s_fia07-1-640x426.jpg
I can already hear "moon over the castle" playing in my head.
GT4 intro anyone?
BTW getting back to topic, isn't national,regional and international concepts used in GT2? i wonder if we're oing to obtain something akin to that otherwise it will be only a FIA sactioned quick match ( and i honestly would feel a little bit of shame by presenting FIA officials networking problems long matchmaking and stuff.)

The one in the pictures look to me more as presentation than in-game. Could be a GT6 add-on, but maybe (i say, MAYBE) we will find out after the servers downtimes tomorrow.

The only thing GT fans will find out after the server maintenance tomorrow...is what new glitches PD has come up with. :dopey: :mischievous: :lol: :lol:
Or MORE NISSANS!
NISSAAAA[screams for about an hour]AAANS!
*Madatek died for screaming for about an hour. He will know about the next updates from up there.
#truelegendsneverdietheyonlyrespawn #ripinpeace #liekifucryeverytiem

Back