FIA Online Championship 2015

• Thread starter F1jocker12
  • 191 comments
There's a solid reasoning behind it.

Although there's probably a year or so til the next installment, and initially they said "spring" as pointed some posts above but the official statement in the website says "2015", so there's 3 months still and GT Academy season is still going, it's reasonable to not overlap both.
I don't see any solid reasoning in your link that PD would scrap the FIA program for GT6. Not sure how GTA is relevant to the FIA deal either. GTA has literally zero to do with the actual game at this point. It would have made more sense to release the FIA program at the end of spring in order to keep any momentum going that developed from the GTA time trials.

I don't see any solid reasoning in your link that PD would scrap the FIA program for GT6. Not sure how GTA is relevant to the FIA deal either. GTA has literally zero to do with the actual game at this point. It would have made more sense to release the FIA program at the end of spring in order to keep any momentum going that developed from the GTA time trials.
But the important GTA Time Trial is in June...

Hmm... well I guess that's technically spring since summer starts in the middle of June... :lol:

Also, after years of watching, I have decided that June is the Climax of motorsport. :)

You think FIA doesn't care about getting fans all excited about something they can participate in, and then tossing it? ;)

Like I posted above, if GT7 isn't too far off, I'd actually prefer it if the FIA thing is put off for that game. The way that RaceRoom handles racing is much more along the lines of what I'd expect of a FIA sponsored partnership, though I'd think they might want to go even a bit farther with it. So I'm thinking a whole new Gran Turismo would have to be built with the FIA events in mind.

Yeah, although they are not notorious at looking at other games, I hope they browse what RaceRoom, iRacing, and even DOTA are doing in terms of tools to organize championships. And I don't think GT6's online infrastructure is there to support it yet. This together with GT Academy is THE move to make racing as an e-sport take off beyond iRacing's great accomplishments.

You can infer from the uncertainty on implementing it, plus a broad window date like "2015", allied with "complete form in GT7", AND circumstantial events like Course Maker release and no more cars/tracks, that they are moving things to GT7. It's pretty simple.

And yes, GT Academy has to do with Polyphony managing events and sponsors and, why not, mind share. Give things space. Now this is not based on anything but my suspicions, but I think FIA championships will be more than an "online leaderboard".

But the important GTA Time Trial is in June...

Hmm... well I guess that's technically spring since summer starts in the middle of June... :lol:

Also, after years of watching, I have decided that June is the Climax of motorsport. :)
Spring ends June 21st and as you said, it's the end of GTA and pretty much the peak or beginning of the peak of motor racing in the Northern Hemisphere. It's the perfect time to launch to keep fans active and interested over the summer. Early events would be like GTA anyway, you must have to meet an easy minimum standard to qualify, and with the national, regional and international championships through the summer or well into fall, coinciding with the real FIA championships winding up. With the FIA prize giving ceremony in December this year, that schedule makes perfect sense to me so the "spring 2015" target seems to fit.

You can infer from the uncertainty on implementing it, plus a broad window date like "2015", allied with "complete form in GT7", AND circumstantial events like Course Maker release and no more cars/tracks, that they are moving things to GT7. It's pretty simple.

And yes, GT Academy has to do with Polyphony managing events and sponsors and, why not, mind share. Give things space. Now this is not based on anything but my suspicions, but I think FIA championships will be more than an "online leaderboard".
You can infer anything if you just make things up. Course maker has nothing to do with the FIA program, they've never been mentioned together by anyone connected to PD or Kaz. The original date given was not broad it was spring 2015, which makes perfect sense given the date of the FIA awards banquet and racing in general.

You can infer anything if you just make things up. Course maker has nothing to do with the FIA program, they've never been mentioned together by anyone connected to PD or Kaz. The original date given was not broad it was spring 2015, which makes perfect sense given the date of the FIA awards banquet and racing in general.

My post wasn't clear enough it seems.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1153498.html
http://www.fia.com/news/legends-polyphony-digital-inc-and-fia-long-term-partnership
https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/xo4APASE6Zg.jpg

And yes, the mention of planned to spring here, which is an official vehicle:
http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/359

You see, if SPRING 2015 was indeed THE (not even that) hard schedule, it would likely be printed through both official statements AND appear in the official presentation in written form. That's standard practice.
Could very well be the FIA/PD way of skimping out on precise information too, sure.

---

Now for the circumstantial event of the course maker...

Didn't you skeptically quote Kaz saying "Course maker is cutting really close for launch" and now, september 2015, the course maker hasn't arrived yet? See, a feature has been delayed.

Now, FIA championship is a feature (much like cars and tracks), and features have been delayed.

Incidental connection, but I said as much...

You're taking two different things and putting them together through a conspiracy.

A very loose one at that.

One more time as it isn't the main point of the reasoning even. Circumstantial. Incidental.

- FIA Championship is a feature. (We can all agree with this statement right?)
- Features can be postponed. (And have been...)
Therefore:
- FIA championship can be postponed. (And has been since SPRING in the north hemisphere is over!)

:nervous:

I don't think it's a stretch though. Nothing was said to be exact. Spring of 2015 is a window or a loose time frame. Remember GT5? I'm thinking they're going to make sure the FIA don't look bad when this comes out. No one will benefit from a mere attempt at this. Execution will be taken to the standards of officials with attitudes :). Well, yeah, they're not going to accept anything less than what's expected of such high-ranking individuals.

Considering that "As a second key element of the partnership, FIA & PDI plan to launch an official FIA Online Championship in 2015 with the intention of offering the large number of Gran Turismo players and motor sport fans the opportunity to engage with real motor sport.", how do you think this project is going to look like and what do you expect from it?

https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-fia-online-championship-details-begins-spring-2015/

36RSNGt.jpg
It's autumn now in Japan, and not a word from PD. A simple press release communicating to the fan base regarding the delay wouldn't be too hard would it?

It's autumn now in Japan, and not a word from PD. A simple press release communicating to the fan base regarding the delay wouldn't be too hard would it?
The guy you're quoting is banned:ouch:. But yeah, a little communication would be nice. Another season has passed since the promised release of the FIA championship.

Back