FIFA 17 OT: Engine Swapped (Out Now)

Yep, on PS4.

Csu11PpWYAA4jMJ.jpg

Those 2 teams aren't licensed in any form before the option file.

Interested in hearing your opinion if you get FIFA but alot mirroring you in saying PES is great this year, might just jump ship now.

Interested in hearing your opinion if you get FIFA but alot mirroring you in saying PES is great this year, might just jump ship now.
I'm buying my little brother FIFA and played a good few games of the demo today. A lot might be down to the god-awful camera but initially a huge disconnect is apparent between the player and the players actually in-game. Passing and shooting doesn't feel substantial enough.

Still though, I'll hold Judgement for now. Seems decent...just not anything great.

I'm buying my little brother FIFA and played a good few games of the demo today. A lot might be down to the god-awful camera but initially a huge disconnect is apparent between the player and the players actually in-game. Passing and shooting doesn't feel substantial enough.

Still though, I'll hold Judgement for now. Seems decent...just not anything great.

Yep default camera is garbage

The default FIFA 16 camera in the demo is good. I have to say I prefer the feel this year. Weighty and physical and the new set pieces are very good indeed. I also enjoy using the driven shots from open play. Gives a lot more variety and looks good as well.

I like the lighting improvement that comes with Frostbite, the managers need better animation though.

Of course 4 hours into the EA early access the servers goes down... I have 6+ hours left of my trial.

Reading talks about DDOS'ing on twitter. Hope they can fix this quickly and that early access players don't lose time during the downtime.

Of course 4 hours into the EA early access the servers goes down... I have 6+ hours left of my trial.

Reading talks about DDOS'ing on twitter. Hope they can fix this quickly and that early access players don't lose time during the downtime.
Well, I hope they can resolve all these server issues before next week.

I loved the PES demo, there were times I forgot I was playing the demo and thought I was back in 2006 playing pes6. However I still not buy it until I have seen the feed back after a few months, it wouldn't be the first time a pes release is nothing like the demo (pes13 demo 1 was great, game was pants). I'm particularly waiting to hear what the score is one scripting, pes16 was unplayable at times due to scripting even in multi player! infuriating, would have smashed the disc if I didn't buy it digitally.

Huh......Scripting?
I think he is referring to the handicap issue in the ELO based matchmaking in Fifa (and other games). Probably most known as EAids.

And yes, it's still in Fifa 17, though I don't think it's as bad as in 16, though it might be to early to really come to a real opinion on it.

I think he is referring to the handicap issue in the ELO based matchmaking in Fifa (and other games). Probably most known as EAids.

And yes, it's still in Fifa 17, though I don't think it's as bad as in 16, though it might be to early to really come to a real opinion on it.
People actually believe in scripting. :lol:

It is the most BS excuse I have ever heard to a loss or anything that doesn't go their way.

Release is soon so will be changing the thread title, I like having creative thread title because I probably having nothing better to do, so anyone willing to take a shot at what it will be.

My suggestion : "FIFA 17 OT: Engine Swapped"

It is the most BS excuse I have ever heard to a loss or anything that doesn't go their way.
It might be the most BS excuse you have ever heard, but it very much exists.

Former EA employees have even said so. So don't come here and say it's not real.

I don't think it's actually a form of scripting, just a very weird and unbalanced way to "balance" the match between players. But it definitely exists and can be a pain in the rear... But all players have it the same way, just some people handle it better than others.

I don't think it's actually a form of scripting, just a very weird and unbalanced way to "balance" the match between players. But it definitely exists and can be a pain in the rear... But all players have it the same way, just some people handle it better than others.
FIFA 16 which was quite a step up in putting more effort into winning games than FIFA 15, I managed to have attained over 50 D1 titles and won almost every possible FUT online tournament and I tell you that their is definitely no scripting involved. Even with the losses, I always blame myself and not the game being 'scripted'.

Former EA employees have even said so. So don't come here and say it's not real.
What is with the passive aggressive comment, And by which former EA employee(s) has proved this to be true exactly?

I would emphasis on the word 'former' as they possibly want to discredit the company by any chance.

I don't think it's actually a form of scripting, just a very weird and unbalanced way to "balance" the match between players.
So it isn't scripting then as to define it as 'weird' doesn't cut it. But merely down to the player itself not adapting to how others play or it's maybe simple fact one person is better at the game.

FIFA 16 which was quite a step up in putting more effort into winning games than FIFA 15, I managed to have attained over 50 D1 titles and won almost every possible FUT online tournament and I tell you that their is definitely no scripting involved. Even with the losses, I always blame myself and not the game being 'scripted'.

What is with the passive aggressive comment, And by which former EA employee(s) has proved this to be true exactly?

I would emphasis on the word 'former' as they possibly want to discredit the company by any chance.

So it isn't scripting then as to define it as 'weird' doesn't cut it. But merely down to the player itself not adapting to how others play or it's maybe simple fact one person is better at the game.
EA have always deployed levellers to their online play systems, NHL is the easiest game to observe it in. It's not ideal but it does exist I'm afraid. :(

EA have always deployed levellers to their online play systems, NHL is the easiest game to observe it in. It's not ideal but it does exist I'm afraid. :(
I guess EA already know the next FIWC winner is then....

You can see a goal coming a mile away when scripting kicks in, ýour players will not control the ball no matter how hard you try. I'm talking about pes here though as I haven't played fifa enough to experience it. In one game in master league I could not string more than 3 passes together no matter hòw hard I tried. On PC you can prevent this by making the game think it's your first game, you obviously cant mess with game files on cosole. It has been in pes since the PS2 days but it's on another level on ps3 and ps4. I ditched both pes 15 and 16 because of scripting. The game has to have scripting otherwise it just wouldn't work, but it's cheat scripting that cripples the game. Pes also has player moods on or off, if you're losing, your team can lose hope and play bad. If that doesn't make you realise there is scripting then I don't know what will. Turing mood off doesn't prevent cheat scripting even in multiplayer. None of my mates play pes anymore due to scripting.

I don't think its so much scripting in FIFA as it is momentum shifts and attribute buffs/debuffs. This generally explains why there's people who are still exceedingly good or terrible in FUT, since its possible to either play around it or play it to your advantage. The best illustration of this is when your players start acting slow, taking three or four touches instead of one or two, etc. Another thing that points to it is when calling in second defenders when you have a player cornered. When you actually call the second player in the AI actually goes out of its way to get out of the passing lanes rather then cut them off, but will cut passing lanes just fine when left to their own devices in certain circumstances. At least with the new corner system the ability to get easy headers should be reduced, since this was often one of the places the attribute buffs manifested themselves. Also another thing is when playing offline Legendary difficulty actually tends to be easier since the game relies less on momentum to keep the games close. Professional and World Class are a nightmare because of it, I lost more games on those two difficulties then on Legendary in FUT.

I'll be picking up my son's reserved copy today and will likely grab a PS4 copy if they have any left.

I've heard the final game is much better and more polished than the demo. Fingers crossed.

A little background; I'm jumping from FIFA 15 to 17 so many "new" features to me are not new in 17. I've never played FIFA 16 but I have seen probably 100 Youtube videos of others playing it. I won't use that as a reference base however. I typically only do career mode and focus on team building and youth development. I played 3 or 4 games yesterday with my son where we created ourselves, put the created players on Monaco and started a career in Ligue 1. In each game, we player locked onto our specific players for the match.

First of all, the lighting seems much improved as do the in-game sounds. My son played a game in heavy rain while the disc was installing and it looked really good. There was even a layer of fog. The crowd has more highs and lows where during intense parts of the match, you feel like the ground is shaking whereas just after an away goal, you can hear the players and referee yelling because it's so quiet. The crowd will also make random jeers and chants more often. Commentary is still exactly the same as in FIFA 15 and aside from how the players walk out onto the field, I didn't see any special presentation things because we were in Ligue 1.

Compared to the demo from a couple weeks ago, the final game is much improved. In the demo, the players felt very heavy and sluggish and the ball made some odd directional changes at times but the final game is much better. I was able to jump right in and be competitive on World Class after never playing 16 so not much has changed on the field. The hard, ground pass (I'm pretty sure this was in 16) is really nice where you can sacrifice a faster ball for a potentially bad first touch. The low driven shots and downward headers are a lot of fun. You do these by charging a normal shot but quickly tapping the shoot button again right before the shot is taken. There is a lot more pushing and shoving between players on the pitch during corners/free kicks and when using the new L2 shielding. When the AI runs to the corner now to waste the last ten minutes of the game, there's nothing you can do but slide in on them.

From the default camera we used, Frostbite is only noticeable on replays and cut scenes and even then it is nowhere near as good as Battlefield 1 looks. The new managers are a nice touch but after a few matches you can tell they are just going to do the exact same cut scenes every game.

Menus seem very sluggish compared to FIFA 15. Everything is still in the same place in career mode except the new financials have pushed your transfer budget into the Office tab. The new team objectives are pretty cool but you still don't have an option to turn off firing. I'll have to test how lenient the board is because instead of just having league finish, domestic cup and regional cup objectives you can have 6 to 8 objectives like shirt sales and increasing the team's value. For Monaco, they gave us a high priority for domestic success (they rated it a 2) which was to qualify for Champion's League and reach the round of 16 in the domestic cup. Then medium priority goals (rated a 3) were to reach the group stage in the current Champion's League, to increase the team's value by 30% over the next two years and to sign a forward to a Crucial 1st Team contract. The lowest rated objective (4) was to sell at least two youth players for a $2 Million profit. It all seems like a good challenge and something to keep career mode fresh, but I fear that even if I meet every objective except selling a youth player for $2 Million, I'll be fired.

I'll post more if I can think of anything else. There is a day one patch to download which is probably the late transfer window moves. During the pre-season tournament, they comment on some of them like the Pogba and Hummels transfers.

In comparison with FIFA 16:

Graphics. It is quite a small step up but not massively over 16. The players faces are now far more detailed though as you can even see the dripping sweat on the players face now plus more players have now got their individual game face.

Gameplay. Quite a learning curve from 16 but the passing feels a lot more precise but the dribbling has been a minutely harder to control because the players are not as sharp when dribbling into tight angles. Finishing/shooting has been a big one for me where I am really inconsistent at as they have completely changed the shooting mechanics with driven shots more useful than the conventional finesse. Set pieces are quite refreshing as you have a lot of creativity in how to set up your corners, freekicks and throw ins. The cameras is a complete change being that it feels more like an action camera and it is way higher up.

Menus. Quite sluggish compared to 16 but it is more manageable as they are lot more easy to navigate.

(Gameplay perspective comes from FUT)

Sorry for DP.

The launch of FIFA 17 is the most successful ever for a FIFA game, beating the previous launch week record set by FIFA 13, which shifted 1.3 Million copies in it's first 48 hours in the UK.

Thanks to a week 1 sales increase of 18% over FIFA 16, FIFA 17 now holds the crown for early sales and there's plenty of time left for more sales records to be broken. PS4 made up 53% of sales, with Xbox One accounting for 41%. (Futhead)

----

Also, it is the last day to qualify for this weekend league on FUT. Massive rewards are on offer so I would try and win the daily knockout asap.

After some games and hours of playtime, I think it's time for my little review of Fifa 17, my fifth Fifa game overall (Fifa 06, Fifa 08, Fifa 10, Fifa 16). Note: the review will mostly be based off of my FUT experience.

First of all: the game looks awesome. Sure, Fifa 16 already looked good, though Frostbite takes it up a notch. Finally it's up there with PES in terms of detail.
The menus are a bit slower than in Fifa 16, but that has been stated here before. Though, I really like the new colour scheme, black/dark gray and yellow. A bit of a bummer is the fact that your favourite staduim/FUT stadium isn't shown in background anymore, but I can get along with it, since it's only a small detail.

Gameplay: Similar to Fifa 16, but also different at the same time. I find it more enjoyable playing compared to Fifa 16, especially the passing mechanics are way better in my opinion. In Fifa 16 it was almost impossible to play decent passes through the middle, even if there was loads of space (or maybe I was just too incompetent), but now I find it much easier. Also, the player movement is refined too, I can move my player around in a close space a bit easier. On the shooting side, the flat shots (or was it driven shots?) are super effective (no pun intended, hah) - if executed properly. I find many situations where I just mess it all up and think "A normal shot would probably have been better.". And now: Chemistry Styles. Seriously, if you haven't got any CS's applied to one of your players - do it. This Fifa, they are op as hell. I've played against my friend with my Bundesliga squad, with my defense having all "Anchor" equipped, my CAM having "Engine" and LW/ST/RW having "Hawk". He said the following (I quote): "I just can't get through your defense, what are they on? Got them steroids? (laughs)". On Futhead, you can even see how the player ratings will get boosted up with each Chem Style. Same as player instructions. Finally my defenders stay at the back when I tell them to, in Fifa 16 they often ran to the front although they should have stayed at the back.

All in all, it's definitely a step up from Fifa 16, though I'd like to call it an evolution instead of a revolution.

Last edited:
After some games and hours of playtime, I think it's time for my little review of Fifa 17, my fifth Fifa game overall (Fifa 06, Fifa 08, Fifa 10, Fifa 16). Note: the review will mostly based off of my FUT experience.

First of all: the game looks awesome. Sure, Fifa 16 already looked good, though Frostbite takes it up a notch. Finally it's up there with PES in terms of detail.
The menus are a bit slower than in Fifa 16, but that has been stated here before. Though, I really like the new colour scheme, black/dark gray and yellow. A bit of a bummer is the fact that your favourite staduim/FUT stadium isn't shown in background anymore, but I can get along with it, since it's only a small detail.

Gameplay: Similar to Fifa 16, but also different at the same time. I find it more enjoyable playing compared to Fifa 16, especially the passing mechanics are way better in my opinion. In Fifa 16 it was almost impossible to play decent passes through the middle, even if there was loads of space (or maybe I was just too incompetent), but now I find it much easier. Also, the player movement is refined too, I can move my player around in a close space a bit easier. On the shooting side, the flat shots (or was it driven shots?) are super effective (no pun intended, hah) - if executed properly. I find many situations where I just mess it all up and think "A normal shot would probably have been better.". And now: Chemistry Styles. Seriously, if you haven't got any CS's applied to one of your players - do it. This Fifa, they are op as hell. I've played against my friend with my Bundesliga squad, with my defense having all "Anchor" equipped, my CAM having "Engine" and LW/ST/RW having "Hawk". He said the following (I quote): "I just can't get through your defense, what are they on? Got them steroids? (laughs)". On Futhead, you can even see how the player ratings will get boosted up with each Chem Style. Same as player instructions. Finally my defenders stay at the back when I tell them to, in Fifa 16 they often ran to the front although they should have stayed at the back.

All in all, it's definitely a step up from Fifa 16, though I'd like to call it an evolution instead of a revolution.
Yh I need to put some chemistry styles on my players before the weekend league. But the prices on the 'hunter' and 'shadow' are ridiculous.

We need to play a match against each other. ;)

Yh I need to put some chemistry styles on my players before the weekend league. But the prices on the 'hunter' and 'shadow' are ridiculous.

We need to play a match against each other. ;)
I kinda prefer 'Hawk' a bit more over 'Hunter', simply because it gives more Physics to the player. :P

Indeed, I kinda forgot about our planned FUT match :boggled:

I'm on tonight if you fancy a match. :)
Should be good tonight as well. Just gotta learn the last couple of bits for a class test tomorrow, have dinner and I'm ready. Gotta test my new Serie A team. ;) I'll let you know via PSN. :)

Back