FIFA 17 OT: Engine Swapped (Out Now)

So I decided to buy some packs then this fella came out....

IMG_6825.JPG

Not a Ronaldo but it will do.

My FIFA 17 Random Player career has been started. I wound up picking Cadiz CF from the Spanish 2nd division for two reasons; I have never done a career with a Spanish league team and I felt it was an appropriate nod to GT6 with the team being in Andalusia.

I drew 29 bronze-rated players from the Randomizer Toolbar at Futhead and wound up with this bunch:

upload_2016-10-10_8-37-32.png

With the majority of my decent players in the midfield, I went with a variation of the 3-5-2, the 3-2-3-2:

You can see all of the player's faces here where I put their cards into the formation.

To make the career more focused on these original players, I have instituted a few House Rules:
1. Only allowed one youth scout. This scout must be Spanish, can only scout Spain and must have a rating of 1 Star Experience and 1 Star Judgement.
2. Only 1 free transfer allowed each year.
3. Must do everything possible to meet the board's objectives.
4. I can only play one game each month and the rest are simulated.

2016 Board Objectives:
Domestic Success - Very Low

- Avoid finish at the bottom part of the league.

- Copa de Espana: Reach the Round of 32.

- Within 2 seasons, finish mid table.

Continental Success - Very Low
- No Objectives

Brand Exposure - Medium
- Within 3 seasons, increase season ticket holders with at least 10% of the stadium's capacity.

Financial - Low
- No Objectives

Youth Development - Low
- Sign 1 youth player in the same season they were scouted. Play them in 5 matches either as part of the Starting XI or coming in as a sub.

- Sign 1 player in your Youth Academy assigned to the midfielder position.

This is going to be challenging because we are very low rated for a Liga 1/2/3 team. Many of our players are young and should have good potential but we will really struggle in the early seasons. Training should help, especially at the goalie position, but that will take time.

I'm hoping to update once a week upon the completion of each season.

Edit: Board Objectives added.

Last edited:
Meanwhile I'm giving Division 9 my second try... and it doesn't look good. Not to mention my record of over 20 losses... with only 6 wins and 7 draws. God I'm bad this year. :lol:

It's more important than last year to be continually moving that ball. Defending is tough, that's why I've got 3 cbs and play on defensive!

I've had back to back clean sheets since signing Handanovic.

It's more important than last year to be continually moving that ball. Defending is tough, that's why I've got 3 cbs and play on defensive!

I've had back to back clean sheets since signing Handanovic.
This is my team at the moment which hopefully get me into the Elite ranking for this weekend FUT Champions.

IMG_6833.PNG

Ironically, the best part of the Journey is the fact that its new rating gauge is actually in player career modes as well. So you can actually see stuff you are and aren't doing.

That said, if the game tells me to 'move the ball' one more time, I'll show it where to move myself. Out of my window.

I'm going pretty authentic for my current player career; I'm a Brazilian number 10, playing for Sao Paulo. I called him that most Brazilian of names, Jeffinho. The team's only lost one game so far this season, but despite being top I'm not liking how many draws we get. It's also been so long since I last even saw a proper player career that I've forgotten something important: how do transfers work in it? I can't stay in Sao Paulo forever.

Ironically, the best part of the Journey is the fact that its new rating gauge is actually in player career modes as well. So you can actually see stuff you are and aren't doing.

That said, if the game tells me to 'move the ball' one more time, I'll show it where to move myself. Out of my window.

I'm going pretty authentic for my current player career; I'm a Brazilian number 10, playing for Sao Paulo. I called him that most Brazilian of names, Jeffinho. The team's only lost one game so far this season, but despite being top I'm not liking how many draws we get. It's also been so long since I last even saw a proper player career that I've forgotten something important: how do transfers work in it? I can't stay in Sao Paulo forever.
I think depending on your performances (average match ratings), it will determine what club you will be offered in the summer transfer window but don't be surprised that it will only just be a loan.

Well the thing is, I got the +5 attribute boost from playing FIFA 16 before, so I started as a 72 and am now a 76. So does overall have literally nothing to do with it?

I'm having a tough time playing this game and winning even on professional. I played four EFL 2 games yesterday in a youth squad legends career with all regens and lost all but the first game which was a draw.

I don't know if it is because I skipped FIFA 16 but everything I'm used to doing and succeeding with in FIFA 15 is not working. I'm going to go up to World Class or Legendary and start working sliders. Frustrating...

Well the thing is, I got the +5 attribute boost from playing FIFA 16 before, so I started as a 72 and am now a 76. So does overall have literally nothing to do with it?
Rating can play a small factor but it is important to keep your form up and increase your market value then some bigger clubs will soon snap you up.

I'm having a tough time playing this game and winning even on professional. I played four EFL 2 games yesterday in a youth squad legends career with all regens and lost all but the first game which was a draw.

I don't know if it is because I skipped FIFA 16 but everything I'm used to doing and succeeding with in FIFA 15 is not working. I'm going to go up to World Class or Legendary and start working sliders. Frustrating...
Yeah, it is a massive step up from 15 and even 16 but if you keep the ball moving then opportunities will come and also having custom tactics and player instructions on is vital in this game.

Last edited:
1st update for FIFA 17 is out now for PC and consoles.

2016/17 Premier League broadcast package:

Addressed the following in gameplay:
  • A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
  • A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
  • Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
  • An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
  • Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
  • Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
  • Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks.
  • Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
  • An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
  • Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
  • General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
  • Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
  • Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
  • Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.

Pro Clubs:
  • Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs. *
  • Addressed an issue where a player's customised facial features did not display properly in game.

Ultimate Team:
  • FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
  • Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
  • Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics

Career mode:
  • Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.

Visual changes:
  • Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
  • Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
  • The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
  • Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn't the one used in-game.
  • Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
  • Addressed an issue where the fog from a player's breath was detached from their position.
  • General overlay fixes.

*As a result of the change to Pro Clubs, some of you may find you’re a lower OVR than before the update. This is intentional and you haven’t lost any of your progress.

I got a little side-tracked last night and started a player career with Tim Howard. I promptly retired him from the Colorado Rapids to start coaching and was offered only two jobs. Both were in the Swiss Super League with either FC Thun or FC Vaduz.

What started out as a test became pretty fun, especially because I found a good slider set that was helping me with game play. This update will likely throw all those settings out the window but it was a good way to start a journeyman career. I haven't touched my Random Player career since I started it but hopefully I can get some time tonight.

I packed a Halloween Muller. So excited that I didn't stop to capture a picture of the walkout. Plus, I bought a load of Halloween Aduriz to be sold on later on today when the stat boosts are active.

IMG_6908.PNG

IMG_6910.JPG

I'm having series career mode ADD. I just started an official Sparring DK Journeyman career with Brisbane Roar in Australia. We won the league in year 1 so I'm allowed to move into an Asian league now. The problem is no one is hiring there yet so I am staying at Brisbane for now.

It's a great series, here is the video of the rules.

Also, for FUT players this is the last weekend league to be qualified for this monthly award so it is highly recommended to try and qualify this upcoming weekend league and win some games to get some nice rewards.

Well it took until December 2nd of my 2nd season with Brisbane but I finally found a job in an Asian league with the Pohang Steelers of the Korean K League. I actually lost a half year in transition as this K League had just ended at that point.

They play around April through December so I am in July 2019 now and sitting in 2nd place. If I can win in this first season I'll be able to move to the North American continent and either the MLS or Liga MX next.

Gradually losing interest in this year's UT. Player runs are still dire and shouldn't be as bad as they are. Outside of that I'm finding you either get the run/luck in a match or you don't, which gets frustrating as this year is even more physical (which is good).

Oh and players colliding with each other happens way too often.

Back