FIFA World Cup 2010 Finals Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,827 comments
Spain kills the game by owning the ball so much. Its not a beautifull game but that is the best defence approach. And they are playing better in many ways.

At least they're playing the final at soccer city. The pitch at all the other stadia looked like the high school football practice fields down the street over here. Awful groundskeeping.

The ref really killed it by carding so much early in the game. Also, Fail on Villa for screwing up a spanish advantage. I don't think Villa is money unless Torres is on the field.

Awesome exchange between Robben and Puyol there. That was like a kung fu movie.

And thus, another game that ends 1-0... Iniesta was off-side previously, by the way

Yep. He was in an offside position and active - he should have been flagged when he received the ball at the second (onside) attempt.

Incidentally, I have Iniesta in my fantasy team.

*dances*

Mouai. :rolleyes:

Poor Holland 3 final and 3 lose. :indiff:

I m very sad for them. :guilty::guilty::guilty:
Robben stay a very good players.

Big red card for Holland's killers, OMG they have a Villa planing like Italia had a Zidane planing but here it's doesnt work.. 👎

Welcome in Club Espagna !!!

Germany E.C + W.C
Espagna E.C + W.C
France W.C + E.C

Well, judging the game as a whole, Spain deserved the win. Holland was more interested in MMA than football, De Jong can apply for a role in next Kickboxer Movie.

Always good when butchers like Bommel and De Jong don't get the win.

Yep. He was in an offside position and active - he should have been flagged when he received the ball at the second (onside) attempt.

Incidentally, I have Iniesta in my fantasy team.

*dances*

Could have been called either way...he was offside on the first play in but made no play at the ball and put no direct pressure on the dutch defender, thus making it a legit goal.

Could have been called either way...he was offside on the first play in but made no play at the ball and put no direct pressure on the dutch defender, thus making it a legit goal.

He was actively involved in play at the time - there's only one call to make.

Like the red card for de Jong, or the red card for Iniesta, or the red card for Robben, or the Dutch corner before Spain scored. Webb had a shocker.

What can I say but that this W.C. had an Octopus as protagonist...:indiff::ill:
Besides that Congratulations to all the Spanish GTpers.👍

:gtplanet:

He was actively involved in play at the time - there's only one call to make.

Like the red card for de Jong, or the red card for Iniesta, or the red card for Robben, or the Dutch corner before Spain scored. Webb had a shocker.

But he was a few metres away from where the defender kicked it. Sure he was involved in the play, but that could be said of a lot of situations. The interpretation I've seen applied is that they need to directly make a play at it or be in close proximity to the ball for it to be flagged.

Red card for de Jong, true could've easily been so but more likely than not they gave some leniency for it being the final. Red for Iniesta and Robben???

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(Home after the biggest desception ever.............

sOMEBODY CHEER ME UP WITH SOMETHING....,PLEASE....

:(:(:(:(:(:(

spy(who has cried tonight....)

But he was a few metres away from where the defender kicked it. Sure he was involved in the play, but that could be said of a lot of situations. The interpretation I've seen applied is that they need to directly make a play at it or be in close proximity to the ball for it to be flagged.

Not really, no. He was the intended recipient of the pass - he was "active". "Active" doesn't necessarily mean involved in play - he didn't receive the ball from an offside position, but he was intended to, and thus active.

Red card for de Jong, true could've easily been so but more likely than not they gave some leniency for it being the final. Red for Iniesta and Robben???

Iniesta - simulation, violent conduct (at the same time); Robben - second yellow for kicking the ball away.

Congrats to Spain, thouroughly deserved it. Dutch were a bunch of dirty basta*** through most of the tornament. Credit where credit was due to the ref for controlling the game, they dont realise it but he did the Dutch a favour they should have been 2 men down....

For all Dutchmen feeling down: At least you're not France.

Huuu !!! :scared:

What is the connection ?

France is out like all team before 1/2 final, the big difference is we all knowing than French team was not a team, we cant dream go in 1/2 and less final.
France in WC 2010 was definetly a mistake.
Italia wasnt a mistake but i think they had a team, and i think it was most big shame for them than us.

It's totaly different than Holland (3 final and 3 loses).

I have been an Arsenal fan for about sometime now so I know what it feels like to be screwed by that blind idiot(Yep Mr.Web)Iniesta should have been sent off how has he only been given only a warning is beyond my understanding+the goal was offside these are the rules ,Heitenga sent off for being close to Iniesta(of course he will dive he plays for Barca)and how many yellow cards has he given to Holland ?Oh and most importantly right before the goal Sneider's free kick hit Cesc even Casillas shouted it out cleary indicating a corner how has he missed that is incredible.Yes I picked the Dutch at the start of the tourney and still believe they are more deserved of the cup.

I saw a news and knew Spain beat Holland in the final and then became the champ for the first time, congrats to Spain and all Spanish football members, well done. 👍

Congrats to Spain, thouroughly deserved it. Dutch were a bunch of dirty basta*** through most of the tornament. Credit where credit was due to the ref for controlling the game, they dont realise it but he did the Dutch a favour they should have been 2 men down....
I agree with you 100%. The Dutch, especially that martial artist fellow, should have been at least two men down before the end of 90 minutes of play for their dirty tactics. Way to go, Spain...2010 World Cup Champions!.

soccerkungfuu.gif

Last edited:
Pleased with the result - Spain deserved to win, and although Holland had chances, their conduct was disgraceful (as Alan Hansen put it) in the first half. I disagree that the ref had a bad game - I thought he handled it pretty well, although he could easily have made some very different decisions... but possibly at the risk of destroying an already poor game. Also, Iniesta was not offside, even in the first passage of play - atleast that is the way it looked when the BBC reviewed it, so it looked a perfectly fair goal to me. Still, De Jong should have walked for that karate kick challenge, but I think a red for Robben would have been extremely harsh under the circumstances. Still, Spain conducted themselves with considerably more discipline and patience, and deserved to win without having to resort to the lottery of penalties - and Iniesta's finish was sublime.

Back