{FIFA World Cup} What teams are you cheering for?

• Thread starter SVX
  • 31 comments

SVX

The White Comet
Premium
New Zealand
Wellington
Hey guys,

What team are you cheering for in this huge event?

I'll be cheering for New Zealand and England.

I don't understand Soccer. I don't have time watching people jog around a field. I'd rather watch an interesting sport. For example: Football "Hell Yeah!", Baseball "What's up with the O's?"

I don't understand Soccer. I don't have time watching people jog around a field. I'd rather watch an interesting sport. For example: Football "Hell Yeah!", Baseball "What's up with the O's?"

Soccer games take less time than Baseball and Football games. Your argument is flawed.

I'll be cheering for the Netherlands for sure and probably Germany. I guess it'd be cool to see England do well too.

I'll be cheering for the Netherlands for sure and probably Germany. I guess it'd be cool to see England do well too.
Dude, you can't cheer for both, Dutch football despises the Germans!

I've not had much chance to watch the first round of games, but I move home tomorrow and plan to sit there watching football all day from then on.

I don't have time to watch guys stand around for 3 hours ;)

Shut up and go away then.

I'm for Spain and South Korea.

Dude, you can't cheer for both, Dutch football despises the Germans!

I hate to say it Philly but Evan is right... Holland and Germany are archenemys... ;)

hmmm
USA, Argentina, Brazil, Spain
In that order.

Even though Argentina and Brazil are rivals...I would not mind if any of them won the cup!

I must admit, I'm only really interested in England - I would stop short of saying I'm supporting them, though... I'd be happy to see Italy win because I have them in the sweepstake, but not if they are going to grind their way through the tournament like they are prone to do. I'd like to see either Korean team do well, too. I also would like to see Holland win, as they are long overdue a World Cup win, and it would give a Scotsman hope that a small country from northern Europe can win!

PORTUGAL

of course.:)
But after we left(which I guess it won't tale long:nervous: )I'll be cheering for Brazil although I think Argentina and Germany have more chances of bringing the CUP home.:guilty:

I am sure North Korea got a great boost from keeping getting blown out by Brazil for 45+ minutes.
Then going on to get one back sure is a huge moral lifter! 👍
I wouldn't say I will cheer for them (either south or North) but it will be good if they get past the first round!

I hate to say it Philly but Evan is right... Holland and Germany are archenemys... ;)

Yeah, the difference is: Holland is always bettter but Germany is who always win. :lol:

I'm cheering obviously for Brazil and Holland, I want to see Robben in action in a final and the dutch team is playing nicely.

I will mainly be supporting England and Holland, but Uruguay, South Korea, Australia, Japan will be getting my support also.

Think about what you posted! Think twice before posting and dont post here again.

Same thing to all Americans who dont understand/dont care/ dont like the sport - dont make ignorant comments plz (not directed to anyone in specific)!

POOOOORTUGAL:D England and Holland:)

Last edited:
England for me, although I have Spain in the work sweepstake (although that suddenly doesn't look as promising as it did a day ago :lol: )

Crooooow, surely football is played with the feet :confused: and baseball is just a slow version of rounders!

I'm supporting my homeland of England, of course.
Now that the game against the USA is over, I'm also supporting the USA as my adopted home.
I'll also be cheering for whichever team is playing against the cheating French, :yuck: as it should've been Ireland in their place. 👎

Last edited:
Think about what you posted! Think twice before posting and dont post here again.

Same thing to all Americans who dont understand/dont care/ dont like the sport - dont make ignorant comments plz (not directed to anyone in specific)!

Except Americans of course. :sly:

Obviously Portugal.

I don't have a preferred team besides Portugal. However I being nicely surprised by some teams and I'm curious to see how they'll be doing in the later stages. I think the biggest surprises (positively) are Uruguay, USA, Paraguay and Chile.

Latest Posts

Back