Film Quote Quiz Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter FastEddie12
  • 260 comments
  • 9,196 views
TwinTurboJay
That was Duets !

Huey Lewis rocks ! :dopey:
Good Call. No one I know has seen that movie except me.

And yes, Huey Lewis does rock.
 
OOpps, too late. Sorry....
 
The main duet they do is catchy, I'll hear it on the radio, and I wont be able to get it out of my head for at least two / three days !~

ok,here it goes...

" Harry, stop being such a hard-on, standing there in your undies. What you want to do is sit down and talk to me. "
 
Get Shorty. John Travolta.

I knew I knew it but it took a while to remember where from.
 
FoolKiller
Get Shorty. John Travolta.

I knew I knew it but it took a while to remember where from.

Oh man! I knew that one! But I didn't realize that was part of the question, I thought it was part of the duet. Oh well, my bad.
 
Not seen that for a while. Is that the bit where he's broken into Harry's house and he's there when Harry comes down?
 
Yep that's it.

OK TwinTurboJay hasn't been back yet to verify, but I am positive that's it. So I am going to go ahead with another one.

"So what resolution should we make for the new year? It's to let God know that you have the guts and the will to do it alone. Resolve to fight for yourselves, and for others, for those you love. And that part of God within you will be fighting with you all the way."
 
FoolKiller
"So what resolution should we make for the new year? It's to let God know that you have the guts and the will to do it alone. Resolve to fight for yourselves, and for others, for those you love. And that part of God within you will be fighting with you all the way."

What year?
 
Is that the Posiden ( s/p ) adventure ?
edit
the reverand guy right ?
 
TwinTurboJay
Is that the Posiden ( s/p ) adventure ?
edit
the reverand guy right ?
Yep.
 
I'm seriously out of my league with you guys. Well done!
 
Nah, you're just letting us all get a head start ;).
 
"...No, he just busy shooting holes in my suits. Thats mean man, thats just mean!"
 
TwinTurboJay
"...No, he just busy shooting holes in my suits. Thats mean man, thats just mean!"
Payback
 
Damn right ! Porter is one of the most badassed 'protagonist' in any film
 
This will be my last since I am heading home in 20 minutes.

"Sorry I'm late. I was taking a crap."

1970s
 
I'm probably just going to bow out of this... Most all the movie quotes posted thus far are from movies you couldn't pay me to watch... A load of Hollywood garbage, in my opinion... I think most of my quotes would stop the thread dead in it's tracks...





;)
 
Delphic Reason
I'm probably just going to bow out of this... Most all the movie quotes posted thus far are from movies you couldn't pay me to watch... A load of Hollywood garbage, in my opinion... I think most of my quotes would stop the thread dead in it's tracks...
;)

With your taste in films, I think you're absolutely right!
 
Delphic Reason
I'm probably just going to bow out of this... Most all the movie quotes posted thus far are from movies you couldn't pay me to watch... A load of Hollywood garbage, in my opinion... I think most of my quotes would stop the thread dead in it's tracks...

;)

Are you saying something classic like "Sorry I'm late. I was taking a crap." wouldn't be included in notable quotes from one of your pretentious films ?
 
I don't think The Sting was a crap Hollywood type film. Of course, it was made prior to all this high revenue filming that has been going on since the mid 80s.
 
TwinTurboJay
Are you saying something classic like "Sorry I'm late. I was taking a crap." wouldn't be included in notable quotes from one of your pretentious films ?

I am not saying anything of the sort... I'm not sure what movie that is from, so I couldn't very well make any kind of judgement on it... It sounds like a pretty funny quote, though... Pretentious?... You don't even know what types of films I am into... Don't make such blind assumptions... I just made a statement, regarding most of the films that have been posted thus far.. It was not a dig at your choices... This is a forum... A place to state ones opinion on various subjects... I merely posted my opinion, and let everyone know why I would most likely not take part in this thread, even though I answered a question correctly...

I don't think The Sting was a crap Hollywood type film. Of course, it was made prior to all this high revenue filming that has been going on since the mid 80s.

Not at all.. The Sting is indeed a good film, albeit still not really my taste... I agree though, since the mid 80's (especially, but not limited to) films have degraded quite fast... The whole formulaic cut and paste Hollywood movie style just isn't my taste... It's too easy to see through, and does not contain any real deapth... If you just watch films to escape, and not do any heavy thinking, than I see no problem with such films, but I prefer more "heady" productions, for the most part...

Anyway, back on topic guys...





;)
 
is it my turn now, or must we await FoolKiller's confirmation?
 
Diego440
I don't think The Sting was a crap Hollywood type film. Of course, it was made prior to all this high revenue filming that has been going on since the mid 80s.

there
 
Since Diego's gone offline does anyone want a go?
 
Diego440
Confirmed! The Sting-said by Paul Newman while pretending to be drunk.

I'm surprised that it took someone nearly three hours to give the answer.



Delphic, we are trying to fill in while we wait on you. I will gladly give up my next go for you to jump in, but you never gave a quote.

By the way, what kinds of movies do you watch? A couple of examples would be good. I have a rule about movies: I will watch every movie at least once before I completely judge it. This rule is what has allowed me to find gems that I wouldn't have seen in my community such as Clerks or Basketball. That's why I know tons of quotes from movies in the 50s and I am the only person in my age range that I know who can compare remakes of movies made 50 years ago to the original. My collection ranges from classics like Citizen Kain to flops like Cabin Boy (These pipes are clean!). I guess you could say that I don't like to limit myself.


EDIT:
Since Diego's gone offline does anyone want a go?
DOH!!! I was typing my response and got sidetracked with work. My job would be great if it wasn't for the work.
 
Okay I've got a quote for you. It's really easy.

90's film. "hello boy's, I'm back".
 
Only one I can think of is Independence Day as Randy Quaid's character flies his plane into the alien ship.
 
Back