FINAL GT6 2016 STORAGETRUNKS GT500 BASE SERIES-Monday Nights 18:30UKFinished 

Max, to be honest, we would never change it that late.

We know you are very fast, and we are sure once you are up to speed with the car then you will
feel you want reduced spec as you mentioned.

What we always try to do is make it fair fro everyone.
Its impossible to get it pefrect, as some tracks favor the faster cars and dont help the highly skilled drivers in the slower spec cars.

But they top guys manage because of their speed and racecraft.

Yes we think you being in the Gtr at the same specs as Dan19 is a true reflection of your ability.

But as mentioned, we do move specs if we feel people have no chance at all.

Niss is an expert at the specs and although i always p[ester him to give the slower guys more power,
he makes all teh spec decisions, hence why we have such close q times, everyone has a chance.

Okay, race report time.

Well as the race was on Mid-Field I could guess my race would be catastrophic. I never managed to preserve the tyres well in any practice session.

MOVING ON.

I was very impressed by the turnout yesterday. Almost full lobby! I could expect someone getting disconnected but no one actually did. Amazing job @Stephen Vann.

The start was much better than I could ever hope for, gaining 3 places in a short amount of time is impressing. But I made that mistake when defending from @richroo on lap 19 turn 1, and saw myself on the kerb.
And then I had that situation with @luke norris just before turn 4 (not reporting it) which nearly made me spin out.

As the race was going on, I managed to overtake Luke and was going to target gu1tar3rich but he had a much better pace than mine.

Pit stop time on lap 28. My tyres were dying and dying, I couldn't keep the good pace so I decided to pit. I came around 1,5 seconds ahead of @DeltaJuliet and then I tried to escape, but he could keep up.
*Slightly off-topic, I looked at the replay and we had the same racing lines apart from T5 and that hairpin, that's why we had similar pace I guess*

Anyways, back to the report.

Nothing too serious until lap 50 where Mike pit.

I pit 5 laps later, lap 55, and I come out of the box just ahead of Mike.
I enjoyed the battle that followed, it was the most fun part of the race in my opinion.

He eventually overtook me and escaped, while Luke was coming.
I really did not want to lose that position.
I began defending, and his fist serious overtaking move was on lap 66-67 on the start straight. I change my line legally and then I am accused of "blocking". Ridiculous claim.

Mike was seriously slowing down, no idea why, but anyway I found the chance and overtook at lap 70.
After that Luke overtook me and then gu1tar3rich reappears. Brilliant.

My attempts to defend over gu1tar3rich's attacks were successful, and then I see Luke going ridiculously slow.
Looked suspicious but I found out he ran out of fuel.

Continued my defense on gu1tar3rich and in the end it proved successful. I was so happy after my 5th place.

I won't show up in Fuji, as some people's reactions made me think that I don't deserve to be part of Storagetrunks.

As aforementioned I will not take part in Fuji.

John, Please dont take my comments post'race as a critisism of you personally. What I'm trying to say is that even if no-one is lagging for you that could still mean you're lagging for them. I made a misstake of letting utorrent run on my computer during a race once, and I did not notice any difference. However others reported I was lagging massively.
Now, your connection is probably not all that bad, its just a combination of a high ping and the fact you're on a controller that is causing it.
It's not too bad though, as long as you are aware of the issue and accept it I see no problem with you continuing the series. In fact I encourage you to do so! :)

I made a misstake of letting utorrent run on my computer during a race once, and I did not notice any difference.

I'm always letting utorrent run, specifically during the week-ends. Tons of new **** videos.

( idk with my last warnings on GTP i can just said the word, so with censure maybe, i'll wait and see if i can joking again )

Btw, my Utorrent always running for real. Anyone see me lagging on track?

I'm opening a room rigth now, on Spa for the moment until someone join me, i'll switch to Fuji, wanna try the car first on a track i know very well.

Btw, its a club only, maybe you can create a room public and tell me i'll join you!

edit:room closed

Last edited:
Go to the community club and open a room in there, most of our guys have a look in there to see if anyone is practicing. Room must be on 3 stars and room settings are listed on Q post.

Try to psn friend as many of our guys as you can - it's so much nicer practice with others .

ok i'll change the room setup, i just dont wanna put on public setting by myself, not good in english and i dont wanna have to explain something about your series to someone and make a mistake. I'm kind of new here i'm sure you understand

What you meen by room setting are listed on Q post?

Which series poster do you like more?

This?

20161026_105635.jpg

Or this?

20160928_142947.jpg

And the track information.

20161023_171820.jpg

@CrazyJohn I like the one with pics but I think there are to many GTR's in it. Would look better to have a close up pic of all cars we use Lexus, HSV, GTR and one pic with a full grid pic or something like that.

Just a heads up to newcomers, it might happen we'll have more that 16 drivers for the Fuji race, which means top 16 drivers in Q are eligeble for the race. If you Q in 17th place you don't have a spot secure for the race.

Thats the lap time from Fuji GT version, we race at F on monday.

OK LP

Niss approved spec move

YOUR SPEC MOVE IS TO

-------KG---BHP---PP--CAR--GROUP---DRIVER
------1100--550--600--GTR----G2-----LETS_PARTY-1611

YOUR SPEC MOVE IS TO

-------KG---BHP---PP--CAR--GROUP---DRIVER
------1100--550--600--GTR----G2-----LETS_PARTY-1611

Lucky bug:censored:r I found the GTR is some much easier/nicer to drive than the little snappy HSV. Well done @luke norris

Different note will open a practice in an hour's time to experiment with a completely new tune. Yea I know I said I won't be competing next week but that might change if I get permission :lol: from the missus and stewards.

Lucky bug:censored:r I found the GTR is some much easier/nicer to drive than the little snappy HSV. Well done @luke norris

Different note will open a practice in an hour's time to experiment with a completely new tune. Yea I know I said I won't be competing next week but that might change if I get permission :lol: from the missus and stewards.
Whats this, suddenly everyone wants the GTR! :P

I agree though, the GT-R is the nicest to drive, but the HSV is faster. ;)

Back