FINAL GT6 2016 STORAGETRUNKS GT500 BASE SERIES-Monday Nights 18:30UKFinished 

I knew it, freaking bus stop... i am just going to recheck the lap...

The right part of my car was on the kerb so that is allowed...

In the replay I clearly see myself, at lap 4, not exiting the track limits at neither the 1st turn of the bus stop, nor any other. But at lap 2 I agree I exited track limits at the 2nd turn of the bus stop. I will show evidence.

Wait five minutes...

Edit: photos are shared from my community profile, will show them here.

As you say, 2 wheels must be on track at all times. In the photos I will show you, you can see me on the painted kerb, which IS part of the track...

Edit 2: Here they are... the 1st one: the whole right side on the kerb.
STrWLmLGycWoJtB0qG_0_1.jpg

And here is the moment where I am STILL on the track limits... The right side clearly is on the tarmac.
ltNicmXIa26orDDsZM_0_1.jpg

I am not criticising you because of that, humans make mistakes, as you see.

Last edited:
John i will post you pics in an hour.
Both Daniel1990 and i looked and said lap 2 and 4 you had 2 wheels out of limits at the bust stop.
Any6 pics posted must show the lap and timing as it must have the lap shown in the pic.
I agree it is hard to get a closeup pic at times as often the only closeup that you can get of the wheels is in photo mode.
But anyway, i will. post the pics of lap 2 and 4 in an hour.

John i will post you pics in an hour.
Both Daniel1990 and i looked and said lap 2 and 4 you had 2 wheels out of limits at the bust stop.
Any6 pics posted must show the lap and timing as it must have the lap shown in the pic.
I agree it is hard to get a closeup pic at times as often the only closeup that you can get of the wheels is in photo mode.
But anyway, i will. post the pics of lap 2 and 4 in an hour.
Well I looked the replay over a billion times and I never saw any track limit infringements on lap 4. I admit I did so on lap 2 but not the 4th since you saw the evidence. Anyways. I will make a video.

John, Pics re entry to Bus stop on lap 4 DIRTY
PIC 1 SHOWS LAP 4 ENTRY CLEAN IS AT 1:12:900
CZJ1.jpg

PIC 2 IS SHOWS LAP 4 ENTRY GOING TO DIRTY IS AT 1:13:017
CJ2.jpg

PIC 3 SHOWS LAP 4 ENTRY GOING TO DIRTY IS AT 1:13:017 reverse view
CJ3.jpg

PIC 4 IS SHOWS LAP 4 ENTRY GOING TO DIRTY AT 1:13:017 RE PHOTO MODE
CJ4.jpg

GUILTY AS CHARGED ? :confused:

At least Stephen is enforcing track limits properly, unlike the farsical situation in F1 :lol:
The rules are the same for everyone and it's the only fair way, Erazer was unfortunate in the same way at brands

Yes, thanks for backup on that guys, we have to have a line, and the rule says the Limit is the painted kerb or track boundry line.
If 1 mm is ok,
is 2mm ok,
or we should go 5mm ?
its too easy to offend if some if they are allowed a lap and others not, so a limit has to be fair and the same for all,
and the line is painted kerb or track boundry line.
Its only fair John.

as a rule of thumb you want it slightly backwards.
For these cars (GT500), I'd say 40-50% if its a low amount of ballast (less than 30kg), and as you increase the ballast, you need to move it towards the center. when you're up to 200kg, it should be around 5-10%.

There are exceptions, especially if the car already is very unstable, or if there are lots of slow speed corners, hairpins and tight chicanes etc. then moving it forwards can work.

Also, the tune posted below is for a SLS AMG GT3, so not very good for these cars

From playing around with ballast, I've found something similar. 0kg 50% rear would be roughly 50kg 10% rear for equivalent handling.

I suggest you take a photo from the photo mode in the replay to find out if somebody exceeded track limits as the quality of the pictures being taken by a phone or a tablet is worse than the picture being taken in the game itself.

I suggest you take a photo from the photo mode in the replay to find out if somebody exceeded track limits as the quality of the pictures being taken by a phone or a tablet is worse than the picture being taken in the game itself.
And why is the quality of the picture relevant? as long as it shows OB or not its fine. you think Stephen should go through the hassle of entering photomode, take a picture, export to PS3, exit the game, copy the image to a USB device, load the USB device to a computer, copy it to computer harddrive, realize its too big to upload to GTplanet, make it smaller with photoshop, and then finally upload to GTplanet?
No, that is really not needed.

And if you're not OP on your replay, but you are OB on Stephens replay, that is simply because of lag, that was the situation last week at brands for me. clean on my replay, dirty on Steph's. one solution is to send him your replay, but if we just decide to go with Steph's replay, then its the same for everyone. And much less of a hassle. thats why I never made a fuss about it.

Also, anyone on later tonight? need practice and Q... :)

Last edited:
John it is important that the picture not be in photo mode.
The pic needs to show the lap number and laptime of pic etc, as in photo mode they are not shown.
In photo mode the pic could come from any lap.

And why is the quality of the picture relevant? as long as it shows OB or not its fine. you think Stephen should go through the hassle of entering photomode, take a picture, export to PS3, exit the game, copy the image to a USB device, load the USB device to a computer, copy it to computer harddrive, realize its too big to upload to GTplanet, make it smaller with photoshop, and then finally upload to GTplanet?
No, that is really not needed.
Hey there, another and better thing can be done...
Take a picture, share it in the GT Community profile and copy the image URL in GTPlanet. There.

If anything, let's say, happens, and the picture quality is not as expected, then how can you take it? I am not the only one with a 🤬 camera here (not saying that Steve's camera is 🤬), I was just suggesting.

But since something is extremely close, millimeters in or out from either the kerb or the tarmac, there is always one 'solution'.

However I guess he is right.

Back