Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

RX-7 at Tsukaba.

Wedjim, I wonder if that was me? I'm EeePee online. I haven't seen another TS030 yet and I was pretty dang lit up last night and spun in every race. :lol:

The TS030 at 500 is 100% cheater level car. Not the fastest in a straight line, if the S2000s have something to say but, it cannot be touched in the corners. Inside line, or an outside line. Doesn't matter.

And yes, the Rally cars at the A1 Ring is a total smasher with dopes driving, unless you get out front.

LOL..... Last night, the cheater car met the un-cheater truck at the back of the pack.... Only because the cheater car spun out while leading! One of these days I'm going to figure out why I insist on running cars/trucks that have no chance of winning? Oh well... At least the Pajero Rally "Truck" was faster than my first choice of the night: The Renault R8 Gordini '66! :rolleyes:

Pajero Rally TS030.jpg

Hello I'm a newbie on GT planet and I have found so much helpful info thank you all very much. I am a "real racer/driver" in real life so I understand wheel to wheel, finesse, weight transfer, corner entry, give and take and very relaxed (no white knuckling no leaning no air turning the controller) but since this is all visual and hectic at times with dual shock I'm sure that I have gotten squirrely and slammed into and/or ended up in some of your momentous lines at the wrong time and gotten slammed which resulted in or ruined yours and/or my lap or race. For that I sincerely apologize now and in advance. Nothing better than a clean lap after lap wheel to wheel clean battle. So what are your steering wheel and/or steering wheel stand/cockpit recommendations please so I can attempt to drive better/cleaner while racing real people in the QM. Thank you

Hello I'm a newbie on GT planet and I have found so much helpful info thank you all very much. I am a "real racer/driver" in real life so I understand wheel to wheel, finesse, weight transfer, corner entry, give and take and very relaxed (no white knuckling no leaning no air turning the controller) but since this is all visual and hectic at times with dual shock I'm sure that I have gotten squirrely and slammed into and/or ended up in some of your momentous lines at the wrong time and gotten slammed which resulted in or ruined yours and/or my lap or race. For that I sincerely apologize now and in advance. Nothing better than a clean lap after lap wheel to wheel clean battle. So what are your steering wheel and/or steering wheel stand/cockpit recommendations please so I can attempt to drive better/cleaner while racing real people in the QM. Thank you
A good driver can spot a DS3 user straight away, and will leave a few extra inches just to avoid that kind of issues. No matter how inexperienced you might be, as long as you dont do it on purpose I am confident you're fine. I never overtake in the corners, I take some height to get a better exit and overtake on the straights, so its easy to spot who is dirty on purpose, and who is a fair driver (even if they are lacking some car control).

what wheel you want depends on how much you want to spend:

Cheapest option:
-Logitech DFGT (Anything cheaper than this will either not have FFB or will break after a week)

Most popular:
-Logitech G27 (Heavily used by everyone, from newcomers to aliens)

Best (most realistic) wheel:
-Thrustmaster T500RS (Excluding pro stuff like fanatec etc, its currently the best wheel on the market, but also the most expensive)

Very good alternatives to the G27:
-Logitech G29 (The replacement for the G27, slightly improved all around, but not really worth the extra money compared to the G27)
Thrustmaster T150RS (I have not tested it, but others say its a good alternative to the G27, although the bad pedals brings it down)
-Thrustmaster T300RS (Actually closer to the T500RS than the G27/G29/T150RS, with DC brushless motor, and belt drive, it's a great wheel. But it has no clutch pedal, wich is a minus compared to G27/G29)

These 6 wheels are the only wheels you want really, everything else on the market sucks, trust me.
But remember that the DFGT, G27, and T500RS (the top 3) are not compatible with PS4, and that should also be taken into concideration before you decide. the G29, T150RS, and T300RS are compatible though

Last edited:
Wow so awesomely worded couldn't agree more with all of what you said about spotting boneheads, on purpose, giving extra room, backing up corner for stronger exit Etc even though I'm sure I've been that guy by accident a couple times. Badass reply thank you.

Im not rich but I'll spend whatever it takes to get the best performance, quality, feel, reliability for a wheel. So in the one thrust master comment are you saying that the fanatec is the best wheel or the thrust master?
Also any steering wheel stand/cockpit innovations and/or suggestions out there? I've been looking at several online like V2, open wheeler Etc but I'd like opinions thank you.

Also I'm a proud old school heel toe driver in real life but with today's technology and on this game I don't believe a clutch or heel toe is truly necessary correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
On another QM note I'd like to ask for a True Reasonably Affordable 550PP High Speed Ring Winning Vehicle suggestions. Thank you

I'm frugal and earn/grind legitimately so my money is important but I will spend on the right upgrades and cars at the appropriate time. Every car I've put money into doesn't even come close on the HSR or the ones I want to use do not qualify for whatever reasons (race car Etc) no matter what changes I am able to make

I wish you'd share your tune. I can only get down to 1:55 on the Opera, but I'm on a DS3, which already puts me in the hole (as I've always stated, wheels are a "5 second advantage")

Busy weekend... Someone wanted my 2J tune. And I'll post the Opera tune I use next.

Here it is. Hope it helps you out. Others posted some by now I'm guessing too?

Ride hieght
51/46
Springs
11.39/12.47
Dampers
3/3
3/4
Roll bars
5/5
Camber
0/2
Toe
-.14/.21
Brakes
5/5

Trans
3.844 final

Drivetrain
7/18/12

71.1% power for 620 pp events std turbo no oil change

No ballast

I mess with dampers only in extreme conditions, like sports tires, or rain. Otherwise for this car they stay as above.

I also had good results with RM tires, but pit one lap sooner, 3 stops.

My Opera S2000 tune if anyone wants to try it...

Ride
70/65
Springs
10.73/11.62
Dampers
3/4
3/3
Roll bars
4/4
Camber
0/0
Toe
-.06/.16
Brakes
5/3 ...ABS 2(Traction control 0)

Trans
149max
Final

Drivetrain
6/17/15

Power 90.3%
Stage 1 tune
Race exh
Manifold
Cat
Intake

Take all the downforce out(50).
No ballast

I tweak it a little depending on how it feels when I sign in. Usually only ride hieght and roll bars.

Wow so awesomely worded couldn't agree more with all of what you said about spotting boneheads, on purpose, giving extra room, backing up corner for stronger exit Etc even though I'm sure I've been that guy by accident a couple times. Badass reply thank you.
Always glad to help out if people have the right attitude (serious drivers and kind in chat)
Im not rich but I'll spend whatever it takes to get the best performance, quality, feel, reliability for a wheel. So in the one thrust master comment are you saying that the fanatec is the best wheel or the thrust master?
Also any steering wheel stand/cockpit innovations and/or suggestions out there? I've been looking at several online like V2, open wheeler Etc but I'd like opinions thank you.

Also I'm a proud old school heel toe driver in real life but with today's technology and on this game I don't believe a clutch or heel toe is truly necessary correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, Fanatec has some badass equipment, if you can afford to spend ~€2500 on a rig.
But as I said, this is professional stuff, and to be honest, to justify equipment like that, you probably need a better simulator than GT6. You can check out their website to see if you find anythying interesting.

You can also combine stuff, for example buy a T500RS wheel, and add a set of fanatec clubsport V3 pedals (I think they are compatible, but not 100% sure.
On another QM note I'd like to ask for a True Reasonably Affordable 550PP High Speed Ring Winning Vehicle suggestions. Thank you

I'm frugal and earn/grind legitimately so my money is important but I will spend on the right upgrades and cars at the appropriate time. Every car I've put money into doesn't even come close on the HSR or the ones I want to use do not qualify for whatever reasons (race car Etc) no matter what changes I am able to make
Suzuki GSX-R/4 and Honda NSX-R prototype LM road car are the best in that PP bracket.

But if you are a serious driver/player, I'd advice you to stay away from QM, its mostly filled with noobs and dirty driving, there are a bunch of series organised here on GTP, where people are 100% clean drivers, and very friendly. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
TRL you the **** thank you so much. I did all that research and yes I saw all that pedal drama crap etc. I agree too much for nothing. I'll go race something fir real after a certain amount of money. I took your advice and just got done with my first couple races with my new gt29:):):) and loving it! I'm new back to gaming since GT1-2 PS1 lol but I'm into it. I still have all my old stuff but no old mad cats or v2 title wheel hehe. So the thing is amazing thank you for the advice. I was in the 6:20s in the best car I had, listened to you all, got the opera, been trying real hard and hot into 6 flats, got the wheel, lost a few seconds first run, now just won with 6:01 only because broncolumbia had a problem in final section but I was respectable strong second on position to pounce. Of course those times all include at least one penalty from getting ram rod dead mostly but I accidentally cause them but not that much anymore.

Hell yes just finall turned a race in the 5s....5:57. Stoked. I'm getting more aggressive as far as turning the wheel enough and applying full throttle quicker. Thank you all again for the set up info and everything I'm so grateful. I'd love to join you all in some clean racing and I'll try to conceit as not to wreck you

Ride
70/65
Springs
10.73/11.62
Dampers
3/4
3/3
Roll bars
4/4
Camber
0/0
Toe
-.06/.16
Brakes

Trans
149max
Final

Drivetrain
6/17/15

Power 90.3%
Stage 1 tune
Race exh
Manifold
Cat
Intake

No ballast

I tweak it a little depending on how it feels when I sign in. Usually only ride hieght and roll bars.

HOLY CRAP! Loose is fast, but that tune definitely works for me! 1:52.50 first time out! DAMN!

I need to try wedjim's set up too. I just got the pleasure of racing hm and in hopes of showing him I'm sane but I did the unthinkable in first turn tried passing low and ruined the whole field so sorry. I usually can get in there gently enough while most are flying off the end of the track overdriving the first turn but this time they pinched low so I hit into them and I got hit from back too trying to brake and avoid. My bad. Too many runs in a row too tired not good judgement. Ok I'll shut up now and see you all soon. Wish I'd found this site and the wheel at the beginning of my vacaction not the end:(

Gotta love trolls. Dude just sent me a PSN message that said "play fair" after HE blocked me AT LEAST 10 times trying to pass him, HE lost control in a corner, and turned INTO ME ON PURPOSE trying to block me! Same dude had bumped me into a wall on the previous race and I hit one of those parts of the wall that completely stops you altogether.

Seriously gotta thank Wedjim for that tune. I couldn't get anything I own to run those lap times. Gets squirrelly in some spots, but still very controllable.

I need to try wedjim's set up too. I just got the pleasure of racing hm and in hopes of showing him I'm sane but I did the unthinkable in first turn tried passing low and ruined the whole field so sorry. I usually can get in there gently enough while most are flying off the end of the track overdriving the first turn but this time they pinched low so I hit into them and I got hit from back too trying to brake and avoid. My bad. Too many runs in a row too tired not good judgement. Ok I'll shut up now and see you all soon. Wish I'd found this site and the wheel at the beginning of my vacaction not the end:(

I saw you in the race. Start was def squirrelly for everyone for a couple of those. But I don't sweat the first turn grind, there is too much going on to be 100% clean, other than a rare occasion where there are all 100% clean drivers. I do try my best to stay clean, but occasionally I get shoved into others too...

I also like hard racing, a little rub or bump is part of it.

The only time I get tweeked is when a racer blocks, repeatedly bangs and tries to drive me off the track while attempting to pass. As if he can't figure out how I made up the deficit in the first place.

They'll never learn how to go fast if their only concern is keeping people from passing.

I saw you in the race. Start was def squirrelly for everyone for a couple of those. But I don't sweat the first turn grind, there is too much going on to be 100% clean, other than a rare occasion where there are all 100% clean drivers. I do try my best to stay clean, but occasionally I get shoved into others too...

I also like hard racing, a little rub or bump is part of it.

The only time I get tweeked is when a racer blocks, repeatedly bangs and tries to drive me off the track while attempting to pass. As if he can't figure out how I made up the deficit in the first place.

They'll never learn how to go fast if their only concern is keeping people from passing.
Hallelueuha

HOLY CRAP! Loose is fast, but that tune definitely works for me! 1:52.50 first time out! DAMN!

Haha, cool, glad you like it! You can go to 5/5 on the sway bars, it calms the car and keeps it flatter, so more consistent. But a tiny bit less sideways traction. Also a little more rear toe in if you like it more settled. Also, I use abs 2, the controller makes it really tuff to modulate the brakes well, IMO.

The areas I'm a little cautious on are the hard right (2nd gear) after the high speed chicane and the left (3rd gear) headed into the first tunnel. I also blip the throttle to about 80% momentarily headed to the right turn in the high speed chicane. It's not worth it to end up in the grass trying to stay punched. Haven't noticed a difference in lap times trying.

I find the base set ups on almost every car pushes like mad. lol

I just raced the Englebert Humperdink (whatever) RX7 for fun, it's a tank, compared to the Opera but fun to drive....and easy too. Only 1:53's, but I won a couple races with it.

Last edited:
I just gave your tune a go wedjim and found it to be very good. Like you say, be very careful up the fast section not to clip the curbs, but all in all, very fast and stable. Easy mid 1:50's. Thanks for sharing.👍👍👍

I like the 550pp one at High Speed Ring. Had two close races with my M5 against an S7 Saleen, but there was a Cien that could've won it if the driver wouldn't have messed up so many times. The picture below is from the first race. The second race was a lot closer, with me being just .033 seconds off the lead.

IMG_20160102_225319595.jpg

550PP tune for the M5 is here.

Wow that'll keep you on your toes yet I turned my fastest times ever. I.54s races in 5:54 5:55. Thank you for the killer set up. I don't quite get the transmission. I got it as close to your numbers as possible by adjusting everything possible I believe

Ride
70/65
Springs
10.73/11.62
Dampers
3/4
3/3
Roll bars
4/4
Camber
0/0
Toe
-.06/.16
Brakes

Trans
149max
Final

Drivetrain
6/17/15

Power 90.3%
Stage 1 tune
Race exh
Manifold
Cat
Intake

No ballast

The HSC 03 or 04 and the Enzo Ferrari seem like the fastest and most consistent cars to me at the ring. Even against some of the boneheads using GSX-R4's as usual.

The other two use loaner cars, so who cares. I tried them and the Sukuba one is ok, the rally one is only fun if you like smashing into each other, poor driving, cars with no steering and rally racing with no jumps on a big parking lot.

I'm with you WEDJAM wrt the loaner car events,, but at HSR 550 QM we've been having very good success with the Series 1 👍👍 and the Miura 👍👍 - even against the GSX'r's 👎 and Enzo's. A few other "potential" contenders can be the Spyker Laviolet (sp) C8, the Ferrari 458 and F40, the Lexus LFA '10 (have bagged a few wins in this one) and a couple of lighter, higher HP Lambo's. Relying on a few others making mistakes by over driving the first left hander, tuning for a HIGH speed front (somewhere in the 190mph region), finding a smooth line through the corners, a controlled pace - avoiding the curbing - trip through the chicane and a FAST, high side trip around the BIG BEND reap good rewards at HSR. :cheers: Recognizing QM is still QM and that there are at times some (we'll call them POOR) drivers to deal with, the HSR event is a hoot and all in all most drivers I've ran with have been fair, fun and doggoned quick competition.

Have given the 500 at GV a few runs but even in the Opera we're coming up short of a #1 - so far,, but we're for sure not giv'n up on that one! Yesterday it was fun to see a driver using the ARTA NSX Race Car give the FAST guys driving their Opera's all they wanted and was tight on their bumpers at the finish! Me thinks I'll be taking a look at that car too.

The REAL challenge to QM IMHO is finding ways to dump the huge credits we build up running them,, but that's a GOOD challenge to have eh :)

I don't know how you can enter races in cars that are almost guaranteed the win. Sure, you can go for lap times (I do it myself sometimes) but winning all of the time is seriously boring.

Quick match being quick match though, you'll always have people whoring the best cars. I don't mean any offence in that you've got a car that can be exploited in a class much lower than it should be driven in as I know there'll always be better cars than others. It's just a bit annoying turning up for some racing and trying to get a first out of all the other cars.

It sounds like I swapped over to the 550pp High Speed Ring in the nick of time anyway. Loads of competitive cars and all the slipstreaming evens the field a lot.
Yea I agree,I use the xj13 its a handful but great fun & I even win the odd race,I do like the challenge of using a different car.

Wow that'll keep you on your toes yet I turned my fastest times ever. I.54s races in 5:54 5:55. Thank you for the killer set up. I don't quite get the transmission. I got it as close to your numbers as possible by adjusting everything possible I believe

Reset the trans to stock settings. Then set the trans to 149, then change each individual gear to the settings listed, then change the final drive to the setting listed. Works like a champ.

Dodge Viper GTS '02 520PS 550PP Online/Offline Race Tune
QUICK MATCH 550PP at HIGH SPEED RING

Special Build Viper GTS '02 Online/Offline Race Tune
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

High Speed Ring_7.jpg

CAR : SRT VIPER GTS '02
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs 550PP
Horsepower: 513 HP / 520PS at 5500 RPM
Torque: 514.1 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.0%
Weight: 1280 kg
Ballast : 20 kg
Ballast Position : 19
Weight Distribution : 48 / 52
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : Competition Yellow Mica or Hemi Orange
or Monaco Orange or Hugger Orange or Viper Red or Spectrum White Pearl or Imperial Blue or GT6 Polarized 016

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Viper SRT '02 Base Coupe Spring Adapted
Viper Alignment
Optimal Race Height and Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 92 92
Spring Rate: 5.79 12.87
Dampers (Compression): 6 6
Dampers (Extension): 3 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 1.4 1.1
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10
OPTIONAL RIDE HEIGHT 92 82 ( more turn in but less stable on banked turns, use rear 87 for middle compromise )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Close Ratio 6 Speed Adapting Holinger RD6

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.275
Set Auto Max Speed at 200kmh / 124mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.846
2nd 2.100
3rd 1.631
4th 1.338
5th 1.097
6th 0.902
Set Final 2.630 - set for rocket standing start launch from 1st gear and good top speed at 205mph/330kmh

OPTIONAL ALTERNATE GEAR RATIO USING HOLINGER RD6 Ratios :

1st 2.860
2nd 2.094
3rd 1.610
4th 1.342
5th 1.092
6th 0.884
Final 2.630
Offers similar performance but using real life gear ratios from Holinger RD6 Catalogue.
OPTIONAL 6th GEAR FOR DRAFT/SLIPSTREAM : 0.832 or 0.844

LSD GKN ViscoLok

Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
2/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 2/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This build is based on Viper '02 replica using real life spring rate for stock Viper as reference, the GT6 spring can't get low enough, I used the lowest possible while still maintaining the ratio. It worked really well for both the road car replica on comfort tires and this racing build on sports soft.

I have provided alternative ride height, use it with caution at High Speed Ring, although it allows better turn in, the lower rear height can cause loss of rear traction when going too low ( inside ) on the banked turns.
The ride height at 92mm is optimal for High Speed Ring and the car setup, it gives stable ride on banked turns.

The camber and toe still uses road Viper alignment, feel free to zero all of them if you wish ( this should free up the car )

The gear ratio as base is custom based on Holinger RD6, but I also provide the real RD6 ratio to be used as optional/alternative.
The 1st gear has been set for rocket standing start launch, simply rev and hold at redline and it even will launch from dead stop at idle rpm.
Final is set at 2.63, this is low enough to give the 1st gear good launch while keeping top speed pretty high at 205mph / 320kmh.

Gearing is well spread, ideal shift point at just over 6000RPM ( 6200-6400 RPM ), use 2nd gear if needed for lower speed cornering like the esses before the tunnel at High Speed Ring ( after the bridge )
Alternate 6tth gear also has been provided, these 2 lower ratio will give more top speed, use them if you are hitting revlimit when drafting.

- OPTIONAL - For even better rotation and rear traction, move ballast to 25, this will increase PP by 1, use limiter to lower power to 512HP ( 98.9% limiter ).

Tested offline and online, both at High Speed Ring, able to lap in low 1:06s solo ( without draft ) both online quick match warm up session and offline time trial on SS tire.

Replay has been provided, done offline at HSR on SS, time at 1:06.3xx with room for improvement for possible 1:05s without draft/solo. Watch it to see which line taken for the banked turns :)

Attachments

• Viper1m6sHighSpeedRingSS.zip
    279.6 KB · Views: 17

I tried 1 inch up Motegi wheels and 2 inch up versions with good success btw. MN6WS6 got it spot on for the trans. :)

Raising rear ride hieght (or front) also adds traction, but at the expense of recovery, or response feel.

I'm with you WEDJAM wrt the loaner car events,, but at HSR 550 QM we've been having very good success with the Series 1 👍👍 and the Miura 👍👍 - even against the GSX'r's 👎 and Enzo's. A few other "potential" contenders can be the Spyker Laviolet (sp) C8, the Ferrari 458 and F40, the Lexus LFA '10 (have bagged a few wins in this one) and a couple of lighter, higher HP Lambo's. Relying on a few others making mistakes by over driving the first left hander, tuning for a HIGH speed front (somewhere in the 190mph region), finding a smooth line through the corners, a controlled pace - avoiding the curbing - trip through the chicane and a FAST, high side trip around the BIG BEND reap good rewards at HSR. :cheers: Recognizing QM is still QM and that there are at times some (we'll call them POOR) drivers to deal with, the HSR event is a hoot and all in all most drivers I've ran with have been fair, fun and doggoned quick competition.

Have given the 500 at GV a few runs but even in the Opera we're coming up short of a #1 - so far,, but we're for sure not giv'n up on that one! Yesterday it was fun to see a driver using the ARTA NSX Race Car give the FAST guys driving their Opera's all they wanted and was tight on their bumpers at the finish! Me thinks I'll be taking a look at that car too.

The REAL challenge to QM IMHO is finding ways to dump the huge credits we build up running them,, but that's a GOOD challenge to have eh :)
I agree with you, the HSR event is a great one - many different cars have a chance of winning, and the 'poor' drivers soon get left a long way behind. I've been having some success with the ZZ11, the settings I'm running seem to mean that anybody trying to ram me spins themselves!

Last edited:
Yea I agree,I use the xj13 its a handful but great fun & I even win the odd race,I do like the challenge of using a different car.
Have you been doing the HSR event? Have seen a few of the regulars from the old Autumn Ring event (this one seems to attract some if the same drivers), but haven't come across you yet!

Back