Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

I don't believe the matching process is completely random, with 22,000 rooms available I seem to end up racing some of the same people most nights!
The number you are refering to, is the total number of races that has been completed since the event came out, usually, there is just 3 or 4 lobbies open at the same time.
The idea is that it will place you in the lobby with the least number of people in it, and create a new lobby for you if all the current lobbies are full.

edit.: I'm in the mood for humiliation, so for the forthcoming hour I will take out the TS030 and show everyone how its done. I encourage everyone to meet me there, if you dare.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I can't believe how bad it got in there last night and it didn't matter whether you jumped rooms either. Chronically bad drivers absolutely everywhere. How the hell can you mess up on HSR anyway? There's only 5 bloody corners and 3 of those are fast.

As a last resort, I'm going to break out the big guns on HSR and see if I can leave the carnage behind me but I'm not hopeful. The last 2 or 3 nights, idiots stop on the track waiting for me to come back round to try and block me. Unbelievably retarded.

I imagine I'll see you all on Grand Valley before the night's out.:lol:

The number you are refering to, is the total number of races that has been completed since the event came out, usually, there is just 3 or 4 lobbies open at the same time.
The idea is that it will place you in the lobby with the least number of people in it, and create a new lobby for you if all the current lobbies are full.

edit.: I'm in the mood for humiliation, so for the forthcoming hour I will take out the TS030 and show everyone how its done. I encourage everyone to meet me there, if you dare.
Does that mean that worldwide there are only 40 - 50 people in each QM at any one time? If that's the case, no wonder I keep ending up with the same people!

Does that mean that worldwide there are only 40 - 50 people in each QM at any one time? If that's the case, no wonder I keep ending up with the same people!
Yep, pretty much. :)

Also, the TS030 is fast, but actually, the Opera is just as fast, I've been running for a while now, and their laptimes are absolutley identical, both can do low 49, and high 48 with a perfect lap.
So in a TT, its a dead heat, but given the nature of the boneheads in QM, I'd say the Opera is the superior.

The last 2 or 3 nights, idiots stop on the track waiting for me to come back round to try and block me. Unbelievably retarded.
If thats the person who from the start goes back to between the tunnel and the last turn and waits in a Dodge Ram , he/she/other is a serial pest. Why would you buy a racing game, enter a RACE, only to not race but ruin others enjoyment. There are some truly small minded people in this world.

Last edited:
For fun, I entered the 550 pp QM in a Ram, seeing if I could beat at least a few people and surprisingly it kept up with the field. I finished between second and fifth every race in a 9-13 player room I was in for quite a few races.
Later I went into a 500 pp lobby with the newer Challenger Touring Car and actually won a race! (Then soon after, I lagged out and the next room I joined, I got circles ran around me.)
image.jpeg

I'm not sure on how to find out but does anyone know if the HSR event have boost turned on? I can't work out how the lap times can be so varied on there.

I gave myself a night off battling the pack and chose the Miura for a few races but the lap time and overall times are all over the place without me doing anything different. One race, I do a 3:22, the next 3:32, the next 2:25 but I'm doing exactly the same speed at set points of the track. The times I see slow overall times, I'm way out in front, but if someone is around 4 or 5 seconds (running 3:30 or less) behind, my times are around 3:25 or lower. I've also done a 1 minute lap in the LFA but I was coming back from the phone after being parked up. ie last place.

I'm not sure on how to find out but does anyone know if the HSR event have boost turned on? I can't work out how the lap times can be so varied on there.

I gave myself a night off battling the pack and chose the Miura for a few races but the lap time and overall times are all over the place without me doing anything different. One race, I do a 3:22, the next 3:32, the next 2:25 but I'm doing exactly the same speed at set points of the track. The times I see slow overall times, I'm way out in front, but if someone is around 4 or 5 seconds (running 3:30 or less) behind, my times are around 3:25 or lower. I've also done a 1 minute lap in the LFA but I was coming back from the phone after being parked up. ie last place.

Hey there. I got a Bertone got what I think is a praiano tune but at the top of page it says redbuds junior I can't get the trans to meet his but he may do different then the way you all taught me. Also I can't believe this weird swerving thing is such the big deal and so fast it's spooky just going down the straightaway and is a pig in the turn. I've tried changing driving style and lines easy aggressive etc it's just seems somethings can't be right. I turn 3:31 and won because that little giver thing crashed at end. And suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated I have a FXX and a Nardo that I have no idea how to tune either. I need to learn. I'm trying to search but I don't seem to always understand praianos stuff

Here's what I'm trying to work with.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...bull-x2014-junior.291084/page-74#post-9577870

Definitely may turn and be geared right for a super short track. I had to do my own trans deal to even go around HSR without redlining in ten feet with close to those numbers at 124 no way

It's got to be me misunderstanding or doing something way wrong. I need to learn how to tune:)

Last edited:

Boost is definitely on, but I don't know how to verify this other than watching your lap times. In last place very low 1 min. lap times are possible. If you are in first place it depends on how many slow drivers are in the lobby. With only a small number of fast people low 3:20's(total) are possible, many slow cars and you can win with 1:07-1:10 lap times(high 1:03's in the Nardo is more like it). This sort of variance only happens with boost on.

I did try an Elise race car, the 04. It works well, a dog on the long straight, but really rocks the turns well and mid 1:53's are pretty easy. Next I'm trying the 96 version.

I tried the Elise Race Car '96 in the 500PP QM and got seriously beaten by a S200 and a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67. I don't remember what my times were. I'll have to try the S200 now.

Boost is on - there is information on the event when you first click through, that scrolls along the bottom of the screen telling you what the settings are.

Jeez. I hate boost. No wonder I was all over the place with my times. I guess I've got to stop feeling so good about my driving when I win from the back of the grid too.:lol:

Hey there. I got a Bertone got what I think is a praiano tune but at the top of page it says redbuds junior I can't get the trans to meet his but he may do different then the way you all taught me. Also I can't believe this weird swerving thing is such the big deal and so fast it's spooky just going down the straightaway and is a pig in the turn. I've tried changing driving style and lines easy aggressive etc it's just seems somethings can't be right. I turn 3:31 and won because that little giver thing crashed at end. And suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated I have a FXX and a Nardo that I have no idea how to tune either. I need to learn. I'm trying to search but I don't seem to always understand praianos stuff

Here's what I'm trying to work with.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...bull-x2014-junior.291084/page-74#post-9577870

Definitely may turn and be geared right for a super short track. I had to do my own trans deal to even go around HSR without redlining in ten feet with close to those numbers at 124 no way

It's got to be me misunderstanding or doing something way wrong. I need to learn how to tune:)

I only do a copy and paste of people's tunes as I've got no confidence whatsoever in my own. I use an app called The Wizard to get a base tune and then completely mess it up trying to refine it.:lol:

You usually need to do each section in the right order to make the numbers match on the tune sheets so do the power first (don't do an oil change until you find you're low on the pp. Sometimes the tuners forget whether they changed oil or not but that doesn't happen very often), then the suspension and finally the gearbox. Set the stated initial final gear (5500) and speed (124) first, (it's a gearbox flip trick how they do it) then go through each gear ratio to match theirs, and finally, the final gear (3200).

If the values don't tally, it's usually down to an oil change or you've done the order of tuning differently.

I checked that car out and with the oil change, all of the values match correctly.

Last edited:
Jeez. I hate boost. No wonder I was all over the place with my times. I guess I've got to stop feeling so good about my driving when I win from the back of the grid too.:lol:

I only do a copy and paste of people's tunes as I've got no confidence whatsoever in my own. I use an app called The Wizard to get a base tune and then completely mess it up trying to refine it.:lol:

You usually need to do each section in the right order to make the numbers match on the tune sheets so do the power first (don't do an oil change until you find you're low on the pp. Sometimes the tuners forget whether they changed oil or not but that doesn't happen very often), then the suspension and finally the gearbox. Set the stated initial final gear (5500) and speed (124) first, (it's a gearbox flip trick how they do it) then go through each gear ratio to match theirs, and finally, the final gear (3200).

If the values don't tally, it's usually down to an oil change or you've done the order of tuning differently.
re; feeling good - Heck YES you can feel good about running the field down and taking the checkerd bud!! They have BOOST too!

I checked that car out and with the oil change, all of the values match correctly.

Very cool info thank you. I kept looking at more of his stuff and yes found that same info as far as order of tune and tranny but that car with that set up wobbles (wants to swap ends) just going straight all crazy and I adjust only the final gear but man it's such a jump to last gear it couldn't get going I got shoved flipped mowed down I aborted lol. There were cars (every car) was hitting walls literally flying high in air sliding everywhere I went literally underneath half of them and it only got worse in next turn so I said ok I'm out lol. So I think that set up may be for a red bull short track maybe? Thank you

Have you set it exactly as I said? Initial final gear/top speed to lowest, then each gear and end with the final gear setting? Those settings are very similar to mine so I don't see why it should bog down in top.

As for the 550pp race, the car and tune is now only a small part of it. A black belt in some sort of martial art should be a requirement.:lol:

Might the Tsukuba event have boost as well? I never even thought about that. I came here looking to ask a very newbie sounding question: are people using t3h h4x in quick match? I saw mention of bogus crazy launches at race start, car switching etc. but this was just a curiously fast troll.

The troll was effing with my happiness last week at Tsukuba, his only goal to interfere with the people who were actually trying to race. And he was really good at it, methodical. He waited on the back straight and then got up to speed with me in the last turn to screw me over either there, on the main straight or in the first turn. The odd part was that he managed to get a super fast lap time (pink fastest lap notification) on a lap that he definitely did a bunch of banging around on. My thought was t3h h4x, but he would have been an entire lap down so maybe boost was working overtime?

I've just had a look and it's turned off.

I wouldn't rule out the fact he could be an extremely fast troll. The worst possible kind of troll.:grumpy:

If thats the person who from the start goes back to between the tunnel and the last turn and waits in a Dodge Ram , he/she/other is a serial pest. Why would you buy a racing game, enter a RACE, only to not race but ruin others enjoyment. There are some truly small minded people in this world.
What is the PSN ID?

I've just had a look and it's turned off.

I wouldn't rule out the fact he could be an extremely fast troll. The worst possible kind of troll.:grumpy:
Right, I basically accepted that he could be a really good driver that just got bored with racing. Go do something else dude...

And not so fair penalties

It is fairly obvious that the dirtiest driver in that clip, is the black (whatever it is, tommykaira?), as brakechecking is never ok.
Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the driver in the Mclaren did not see the other car (black one), as in, on his screen, and as fas as he is concerned, he was alone on the track, thats why he did not get penalized, or even got affected by the baning. note that he is driving in the racingline, and is unnafected by any of the bumps.

And it really looks like he did not see the RAM either (I believe thats you?), as, again, he was completely unafected by the bump. Although I agree that it was unfair that you got a penalty there, as you where driving cleanly and simply got punt of the track.

Last edited:
Yep, pretty much. :)

Also, the TS030 is fast, but actually, the Opera is just as fast, I've been running for a while now, and their laptimes are absolutley identical, both can do low 49, and high 48 with a perfect lap.
So in a TT, its a dead heat, but given the nature of the boneheads in QM, I'd say the Opera is the superior.

The Opera is superior indeed.You should try the Calibra Super touring car.Pretty sure you can run low to mid 50.0's with it and frustrate 95% of the guys who use the Opera :lol:
It's more fun then finishing with a 20 sec. lead
:cheers:

Man .... Some drivers in Tsukuba. They just drive you off the road and I get a penalty. . I always try to be good and honest driving but sometimes ....🤬🤬:lol:

Hi everyone! I have been a long time lurker on these forums and a GT player since the beginning:). I have been toiling day and night to get one particular car in shape for the 500pp Quick Match. If you see me out there I really try to race clean but mistakes happen:scared:. So without further ado here is the results of my labor lol.

Lancia STRATOS Rally Car `77
Reinforce Chassis
F R
RH: 90 110
SR: 7.19 7.20
Compression: 5 6
Extension: 6 3
Bar: 6 2
Camber: 0 0
Toe: -0.02 0.30
BB: 6 4

Trans:
1: 3.194
2: 2.130
3: 1.533
4: 1.166
5: 0.938
Final: 4.000

Drivetrain:

Power: Engine stage 3
91.2% power limiter

Downforce 150 350. No Ballast :eek:.

Tuned with DS3:guilty:. ABS 1 TC 2:ouch:

Make no mistake this is still a monster. The suspension gave me fits for days lol. You need to throttle back a little on the high speed chicane till you feel how it settles. I can run mid 1:52s in practice on a good lap but I am not the most consistent driver. This thing is a rocket on the straights.

Most of the time I drive an NSX-R LM RaceCar on the 500 though. It is fun to try to keep up with it lol.
I used a Praiano tune for the Takata Dome NSX 03 on it. fits like a glove :cool:. Just power limit down to 500pp and minimize the downforce. It can run 1:52 range also but I think there is more in it.

I hope this helps someone out, or at least gives them something besides the Opera s2000 to play around with :D

Edit: How do the guys in the Calibra twins get any speed out of them? The Opel has a better power/weight ratio, but it drives like a tank no matter how I tune it. Plus the exhaust drone is just terrible lol. I can barely crack a 1:53 with it and it is not a fun lap. The only thing I see them good for is a rolling roadblock:grumpy:. They can late brake, dive in and use the all wheel drive stability to keep them on track, barely. Next turn repeat. It makes for a slow annoying race.

Last edited:
And not so fair penalties

I've run into (pun definitely intended) that guy quite a few times.:banghead:

Out of all the dirty tricks, brake checking is the lowest of the low. I can accept getting nudged in the corners or squeezed wide but brake checking is pathetic.

I've got to say though, don't you think using the Larame as your car is asking for trouble on such a low skill race? Your cornering speed is drastically different to the usual cars out there and they've no idea what's in front of you that they have to avoid too.

Obviously, you can use any road car up to 550pp but you've got to remember the lower skilled have to figure out how to get round that behemoth in the corners in cars they can barely control. You're asking for a rear end shunt in it and probably more prone to penalties with how much speed you have to drop in the corners. The system may even think you are the one brake checking, even though I can see you're not.

I know the lead driver was totally at fault (as usual:rolleyes:) but I can see you getting plenty of penalties in that truck.

If only everyone knew how to drive to our standard. Quick matches would be a much happier place.

I believe it is against the rules of this forum to name people in that way (it was a long time ago when I read them).

Ah I can see that making sense. Good thing I couldn't remember!

All this talk about the GV 500pp is getting me stoked for it. Maybe tomorrow night. I'm thinking Nomad Diablo!

It is fairly obvious that the dirtiest driver in that clip, is the black (whatever it is, tommykaira?), as brakechecking is never ok.
Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the driver in the Mclaren did not see the other car (black one), as in, on his screen, and as fas as he is concerned, he was alone on the track, thats why he did not get penalized, or even got affected by the baning. note that he is driving in the racingline, and is unnafected by any of the bumps.

And it really looks like he did not see the RAM either (I believe thats you?), as, again, he was completely unafected by the bump. Although I agree that it was unfair that you got a penalty there, as you where driving cleanly and simply got punt of the track.
I couldn't really tell during the race if the driver in the McLaren could see others, but it makes sense that the only way that a car weighing half as much as a Ram can run a Ram over only if it doesn't see it I guess.
I've run into (pun definitely intended) that guy quite a few times.:banghead:

Out of all the dirty tricks, brake checking is the lowest of the low. I can accept getting nudged in the corners or squeezed wide but brake checking is pathetic.

I've got to say though, don't you think using the Larame as your car is asking for trouble on such a low skill race? Your cornering speed is drastically different to the usual cars out there and they've no idea what's in front of you that they have to avoid too.

Obviously, you can use any road car up to 550pp but you've got to remember the lower skilled have to figure out how to get round that behemoth in the corners in cars they can barely control. You're asking for a rear end shunt in it and probably more prone to penalties with how much speed you have to drop in the corners. The system may even think you are the one brake checking, even though I can see you're not.

I know the lead driver was totally at fault (as usual:rolleyes:) but I can see you getting plenty of penalties in that truck.

If only everyone knew how to drive to our standard. Quick matches would be a much happier place.
When everyone I am around races fairly clean, it is really fun driving the Ram. Many people in supercars and concepts don't want to get beat by a truck, which has led to quite a few attempts to wreck me. Most of those attempts luckily (for me) fail.
I'm fine with a few penalties, because karma always catches up to people in supercars trying to wreck pickups.

I have had drivers handbrake sideways so I hit them, ram, brake check. Etc... I see why everyone just drives the Opera mostly on the 500pp. Leave the troublemakers behind right :lol:. I find it a shame that the car is so OP though. You would think something this side of a TS030 would be in the hunt. I guess I will toil on the STRATOS some more and the R5 Turborallye lol. those are only 2 cars that seem to have the goods to get close. The Motorsport Elise 99 is another interesting car to look into. The Furai can clock low 1:53 laps easy 52s if you get a draft lol.

On the 550 race I usually run a Nardo. But it is more of a demolition derby than a race most times I even dare to go in there :(.

I've just finished a stint in the Miura after getting beat up constantly in my pack racing cars and wound everyone up to the point that they put a contract out on me. Hate mail, several inventive new swear words and everyone who got the chance, brake checking and trying to sideswipe me into the wall. Forewarned is definitely forearmed and I chuckled watching everyone missing and slamming into the wall and each other in my rear view mirror.

Absolute carnage and I loved every minute of it. I don't think I've made too many friends though.:lol:

Back