Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

My favourite track by far, closely followed by the reverse version. Give me a bumpy track and plenty of crests any day.

It's the scenery that kills it for me. I'm really odd about those things. I want to play the Sebring track I downloaded from this site and I just can't do it because the scenery isn't accurate, nor is the width of the track or anything of that nature. Also seems a bit off on the layout, but that doesn't bother me as bad as the other stuff.

@kilesa4568 I'll have to give the Esprit a go. It's one of my favourites but I've only driven it stock before. I've just been going through my garage to find cars with a 500PP tune. There's not many and most of them are probably not optimum for this track. At the moment I'm settled on the GT40, which had a good tune from a TT here. It'll do 1:34s, even in my hands, which is enough to keep up with almost everything except the gixxers. And it's a lot of fun.
Has anyone tried an Elise? I came across a couple of pretty fast Brazilians in Elises. One of them beat me twice.
No sight of any fellow GTPers so far. Lots of disconnects and time spent sitting watching the little sparkler wizz round the GT badge.

It's the scenery that kills it for me. I'm really odd about those things. I want to play the Sebring track I downloaded from this site and I just can't do it because the scenery isn't accurate, nor is the width of the track or anything of that nature. Also seems a bit off on the layout, but that doesn't bother me as bad as the other stuff.
how did you download sebring on to gt6?

how did you download sebring on to gt6?

Forums>Gran Turismo 6>GT6 Course Maker>Pick the track you want>Click, "Download,">Log into your PSN via the link>Go back and press, "Download," again if it didn't actually download the first time.

@kilesa4568 I'll have to give the Esprit a go. It's one of my favourites but I've only driven it stock before. I've just been going through my garage to find cars with a 500PP tune. There's not many and most of them are probably not optimum for this track. At the moment I'm settled on the GT40, which had a good tune from a TT here. It'll do 1:34s, even in my hands, which is enough to keep up with almost everything except the gixxers. And it's a lot of fun.
Has anyone tried an Elise? I came across a couple of pretty fast Brazilians in Elises. One of them beat me twice.
No sight of any fellow GTPers so far. Lots of disconnects and time spent sitting watching the little sparkler wizz round the GT badge.

I haven't got any track specific tunes per se but I'll have set the final gear for the tunes I do have. I'll post my favourites up tomorrow.

The Ram can win at the 500 pp event and is a really fun drive.
KIMG1055.JPG

The Ram can win at the 500 pp event and is a really fun drive.
View attachment 652033
Well done, I tested this one real quick yesterday, and saw you in the RAM.
I left pretty fast tho because I got pissed off by all the cheaters and the retarded penalty system.

I could'nt even win in the GSX-R because of some asswipe who kept cutting the first chicane, and when I caugt up with him he bumped me so I got a penalty. No going back to this ridiculous combo.

Well done, I tested this one real quick yesterday, and saw you in the RAM.
I left pretty fast tho because I got pissed off by all the cheaters and the retarded penalty system.

I could'nt even win in the GSX-R because of some asswipe who kept cutting the first chicane, and when I caugt up with him he bumped me so I got a penalty. No going back to this ridiculous combo.

The penalty system is horrible. If someone is in front of you and you have the opportunity to pass, all they have to do is get in front of you real quick and if you hit them you get penalized. Have that happen all the time with the douchebags that are slow as hell, but won't let you win. Either that, or I get bumped off the track and they somehow get no penalty.

There's your reason. Forget the gixxer and do the QM as a run what you brung to avoid all of the gixxer hate in there. It's just not worth the frustration using one.
The other guy was in the gixxer too.
I used other cars, and got just the same treatment.

It could be the PSN tag, but I think its just the fact most people are assholes. The more a player suck, the dirtier he is, and that holds true in pretty much ALL games. You pretty much NEVER see a skilled player play dirty.

Yep. But, I think part of the allure is figuring out how to get passed those dopes doing their dirty driving. Once you do, and it for sure doesn't need to be immediately, it seems they aren't good at driving for the most part, hence why they drive like dopes.

@kilesa4568 I've tried out a few of your suggestions. Thanks for posting them. The NSX type S is nice and nippy, the RUF 3400S was good but felt a bit tame and the GT-R I didn't get on with really. I've never been a fan of GT-Rs, I prefer a car that you have to fight with to make it go fast. The GT40 fits the bill for me. The trouble is unless there are some good drivers around it just wipes the floor with everything except the gixxers. And even they have to be on the ball.

There was a cretin in a RAM pick-up (not you @MOPARbarrett5 ) tonight cutting all the corners and barging people out the way, but he left after a few races and it all settled down after that. I think that's the first time I've come across a really dirty driver in this QM. Some are over-enthusiatic for sure but it's rare that anyone deliberately tries to take me out. Last night someone clipped the back of my car putting me into a bit of wobble and messaged me after to apologise. He didn't even gain the place.

@coryclifford I was in a room with you last night for the first time, but I didn't see much of you. You were in a gixxer up front and I was trying out a stock RGT, usually struggling up from the back to mid-pack.

The other guy was in the gixxer too.
I used other cars, and got just the same treatment.

It could be the PSN tag, but I think its just the fact most people are assholes. The more a player suck, the dirtier he is, and that holds true in pretty much ALL games. You pretty much NEVER see a skilled player play dirty.

I think your reputation precedes you. They know that once you're past, you're gone. It's always the same with these tuned QM's for the better players who post good times. Instant target.

Here are some pictures of fun in the Ram. I'll try to do some videos within a few days.

Drifting
View attachment 652086
Attempted tandem drifting
View attachment 652087
Leading a whole heck of a heap of cars that should be faster.
View attachment 652088

Looks great but can you give poor old me a bit more racing room? Bloody pickups...:lol:

@StirlingMoose

I'm surprised you didn't get on with the M3 GTR as that is probably my most rewarding car to drive. Very precise and it has an inner hooligan switch for when you get bored. The tunnel turn is mental when you it take sideways at 90mph.:D

I'm fixing to try the RUF RGT on Trial Mountain. Found out I like the track backwards, just don't like it the correct direction. Lol

No more racing for me for a while. A spring just broke in my throttle pedal. Can't afford a new setup, so guess I won't be playing for a while. I was just starting to get happy with my skill level, too. By the time I get a new rig it'll be like learning all over again and I'll be back to feeling slow.

No more racing for me for a while. A spring just broke in my throttle pedal. Can't afford a new setup, so guess I won't be playing for a while. I was just starting to get happy with my skill level, too. By the time I get a new rig it'll be like learning all over again and I'll be back to feeling slow.
What kind of pedal set were you using?

Well, I've been away sick for awhile, so I'd thought I'd try some Quick Matches to get some practice in. Couldn't get in to the 500pp event at Trial Mountain, so I tried the Sciracco One Make event at Silverstone... or so I thought it was at Silverstone anyways.

eK8ItAW.jpg

2QZerZy.jpg

mQURVpF.jpg

Of all the Quick Match errors I've seen, I'm pretty sure THIS was a first for me!

Cheers

I'm in a Trial Mtn QM right now with a fellow who has perfected the bump-n-run, and cutting the chicane. Very low 1:27 lap times, race time around 4:32. Messed up thing is that he could probably win even without these tactics.

I'm in a Trial Mtn QM right now with a fellow who has perfected the bump-n-run, and cutting the chicane. Very low 1:27 lap times, race time around 4:32. Messed up thing is that he could probably win even without these tactics.
I think he could simply be a SRTuser because 1.27 is the time that all gixxers do with srt
Plus i dont think that someone will find almost 5sec in cutting the first chicane and with 400m as straight its impossible to find this gap with the same PP and no bug

I've squeaked into the 28s in the gixxer with a close to perfect lap and I'd probably shave a few tenths for a mid 28 if I cut the chicane. I'm usually a couple of seconds behind the top drivers in the gixxer TT's though so maybe it is possible?

I've seen someone called DM-77 running low 28's in the early days of the QM but they were too far ahead for me to see if they were cutting. The next quickest I've seen is someone called tussnelda, or something similar to that.

@coryclifford uses the gixxer in there but I don't know what time he's set. He's certainly quicker than me so he's probably better informed if it's SRF or not.

Back